Belimed Reviews | Glassdoor

Belimed Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2019

Belimed President  Andy Molnar (no image)
Andy Molnar

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Belimed full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the best and most rewarding job that I have held since getting out of the military over 10 years ago. It is a medium size company that has a family owned business feel to it. Everyone that I have met while working here is happy to go out of the way to help out a fellow coworker. Decent benefits and competitive salaries. I plan on retiring with Belimed.

Cons

Sometimes the work schedule is hectic and the workload can be very heavy at times. The biggest struggle is trying not to work overtime while at the same time taking care of customers in a timely manner.

Belimed2017-10-04

"Trying to be great..."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Belimed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at Belimed really care about their products and how it affects patient care. Led by a new President (2017), the US subsidiary exhibits good teamwork to meet goals in a framework of goodwill and positivity. Sales and service collaboration in the field is good and is paramount to Belimed’s future success.

Cons

Belimed’s US growth plan in the early years (sell equipment to anyone that will buy it) has severely hampered its service agility today. As Belimed US is run by a Global parent company, it is slow to adjust to market and competitive trends or receive the resources it needs to truly take care of customers.

Advice to Management

Advice to Global Management is to unleash the US subsidiary to perform by providing appropriate resources quickly — whether manpower or parts sourcing or engineering insights.

Belimed2019-08-06
  3. "Progressive company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Belimed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Belimed has experienced lots of change over the past 3 years. I have observed the company making intentional strides to accommodate the team and the changes in the market. There is still a ways to go, but it's obvious that the organization is committed to growth.

Cons

Lack of training and development - but I see the company making an effort to change this. Managing the matrix environment with German headquarters - sometimes is challenging.

Belimed2019-06-05

"Growing pains"

Former Employee - Service Tech

I worked at Belimed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Efficient equipment for the SPD. They do very well in western states.

Cons

Service is key to growing the business and they don't have a large enough service team to do so. Numerous parts shortages do not contribute to a 5 star customer service experience.

Advice to Management

Get the service and parts issues corrected.

Belimed2019-06-11

"Not a special place to work"

I have been working at Belimed full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Once you understand there no direction, its pretty easy to skate through an 8-5 workday. So, not bad.

Cons

Company has one of the worse turnover rates I've seen. My coworkers added up the people who have quit this year - its more than 1 per week (and the entire company is less than 200 people.) People leave before they can learn the job, so we never get anywhere. HR claims that they are building a "special place to work" - but they can't see the miserable moral and mood of everybody. Clearly does not understand the business. Swiss parent company is unforgiving and forces US company in a direction that does not fit US marketplace.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't have a clue, so any advice wouldn't know how to be interpreted. C-suite is the worst - there isn't any direction or vision. We are all lost without a leader. If only they knew how many of us were trying to leave the company, they'd pay attention. I know of dozens who are actively looking. Very toxic environment.

Belimed2019-06-24

"Great People, Great Products, Truly Impacting Healthcare"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Belimed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to "own" your own business and make decisions in your territory, Ever changing environment, ability to interact with numerous professionals (Clinicians, C-Suite, Architects, Equipment Planners, etc), Reward for hard work is high, ability to make a lot of money if you work hard.

Cons

Normal growing pains of a company that has grown as fast as Belimed

Advice to Management

Our customers are the backbone to our success, continue to make decisions that allow the employees at Belimed to continue to take care of our customers with the highest level of satisfaction.

Belimed2019-02-19

"Great company, but struggling to hold market share"

I worked at Belimed full-time

Pros

Great community of professionals working hard to push market penetration forward. Very little red tape and a streamline upper management style.

Cons

Belimed is becoming a smaller fish in a growing pond. Competition is driving growth with larger hospital wide product offerings. Belimed only plays in the SPD/SPS market space making it hard to leverage discounts and ROI.

Advice to Management

None to offer. They have a great vision, but a lot of challenges ahead -see notes above.

Belimed2017-12-04

"Worst place I have ever worked."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Belimed full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is decent for the amount of work required. Good benefits.

Cons

Everything else. Unethical practices and abuses of power abound. Upper management worries more about what kind of company paid lunch they're getting more than the actual quality of work going on. Heavy turnover (40 employees and 3 heads of HR in two years). Who you make friends with determines the extent of your workload, with employees who prefer to do their work as opposed to socializing carrying the majority of the load. This is the first place I have worked where upper management didn't know the duties of the people they actually manage. This company does not care about you unless you have "manager" in your title.

Advice to Management

Close up shop and start over with people who have actual integrity.

Belimed2018-01-02

"Good Company"

I have been working at Belimed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Both office settings are laid back, Belimed team feels like family, it's not just a place to check in and check out unless you allow it to be that. They hold quarterly meetings where they are extremely transparent and allow for any questions which feels good to know where we are at as a company and what we can do to better the company.

Cons

Lack of documented job description and job functions disallows clear advancement within the company.

Advice to Management

Continue quarterly all hands meetings and continue fun events in the office for employees. Provide opportunities for employees to discuss career growth with Belimed.

Belimed2017-08-08

"Regional Service Director"

I have been working at Belimed full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Belimed is a great place to work and provides career paths for individuals who are willing to work hard and are truly excited about what they do everyday to help the organization

Cons

As with any growing company, we experience the difficulty of keeping up with the increased demand for service from time to time

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the field employees informed of any news or announcements that take place in Charleston

Belimed2017-07-07