Belkin Reviews

Updated Apr 24, 2020

3.2
Belkin President & CEO Chet Pipkin
Chet Pipkin
Pros
  • "The work environment is modern and there's plenty of workspace for their employees(in 17 reviews)

• "Great location, great people, lunch(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Plenty of work and long hours, but no recognition or advancement(in 13 reviews)

• "Upper management with little experience(in 13 reviews)

"Challenging but allows you to chart your own career path"

5.0
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Belkin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial, fast paced, collegial, global opportunities, constantly changing, great for self-starters

Cons

Constantly changing, can be hard to get things done because of lack of formal processes, high expectations of business and individual performance may not be a good fit for a lot of people

Belkin2019-07-08

"It's a living"

Former Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Belkin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Really nice people in a beautiful setting. Good cafeteria.

Cons

If cables and chargers etc. are your passion, then I'm sure there will some level of fulfillment here and you may even thrive and be happy. Or, if you've only been here a short while (many of the positive reviews seem be written by short-timers). If you come from product manufacturing or Sales-run companies then you'll likely be fine with the culture. However if you come from tech companies or god forbid Fortune 500 companies or even worse, have a strong academic background, you may feel like a fish out of water. Despite many wonderful, bright employees with the best of intentions, this is the most highly dysfunctional work environment I've ever experienced. The drama, gossip, egos, hubris, politics, and lack of stability makes for a totally thankless place to work.

Belkin2020-04-07
  3. "Chaotic at times but Stellar place to work otherwise"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Playa Vista, CA

I have been working at Belkin full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Staff, very friendly and helpful - Good Hours, Promotes good Work/Life Balance - Good Location and Office Space - On site cafe

Cons

- Teams seem a bit separated for Communication purposes

Belkin2019-11-25

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Global Sourcing Manager

I worked at Belkin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Discount on products. Nice cafe

Cons

Upper management with little experience . too political

Belkin2019-12-10
  5. "Large company ownership, small company management style"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering Manager in Playa Vista, CA

I have been working at Belkin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great coworkers, nice park across the street

Cons

benefits are a little light compared to other companies

Belkin2019-08-29
  6. "Good company"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at Belkin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people there are great to work with.

Cons

Cannot think of any thing

Belkin2019-08-21

"Uncertain Future"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador Manager

I have been working at Belkin full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the people that I work with and report to. Very casual corporate culture.

Cons

With new foreign ownership the direction of the company is uncertain. Communication between teams is minimal and not well structured. Currently still experiencing some transition pains from acquisition.

Belkin2019-08-04

"Run away"

Former Employee - Marketing in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at Belkin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I'm a lot smarter after working in trenches. I also have a stronger BS detector.

Cons

The disorganization and lack of leadership forces you to learn and try to make decisions with your best ability. Even though you seek guidance from upper management and they offer very little, don’t be surprised if someone higher up reprimands you for it at the 11th hour. Honestly, this place gave me paranoia and PTSD. My manager had no guts to make decisions - probably because he/she was reprimanded too often. Belkin is filled with people who shouldn’t be managers. My manager always reassured me that I was doing good and in my end of year review did my boss bring up issues that happened a few months ago which I find rude because we could’ve resolved the issue months sooner if he/she spoke up. My manager insulted me, compared me to others and called me immature (when I asked simple questions or asked a simple “why” when I was curious about the thought process around decisions). As a manager, he/she is supposed to lead and provide guidance. Even after 3+ years working 60+ hours a week whenever needed, she only gave me recognition once. It’s funny how much my manager changed once global teams started giving me kudos with multiple public launches. Low salary. This brings me back to my offer letter. I signed it despite the fact that the salary was very low. The recruiter promised this is the best they could do and I could bring it up at my review and negotiate a raise. This was a lie so don’t buy it. I never got a raise with over 3+ years of service. They give you a few cents every year for high living cost but never gave me anything else despite meeting all my goals as there’s always an excuse. My manager found it worthwhile to say the end of my review, “At least you get a bonus this year though. I’m proud to announce that you will receive $357 dollars as a yearly bonus. Chet would like to thank you for all your good work.” My jaw dropped because I know of other departments bonusing out $10K on average. I knew of one guy that got bonused out at $50k too. Being at Belkin made me a snake and I was asked to do deceitful, dishonest and rude things to others. I would leave the meeting room and already knew people were talking behind my back since my manager would come to talk to me right away and criticize my meetings. I trusted no one, especially not my manager or HR. To this day, I have issues in my current workplace with speaking openly and honestly which they welcome whole-heartedly. Now that I’m in a healthy team that isn’t vindictive and toxic, I’ve come to appreciate all the good things in my life now and I’m so much happier.

Belkin2019-08-28
  9. "Sales Leader"

Current Employee - Director Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Belkin full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Southern Cal beach Head Quarters

Cons

Product is commoditized, and now there is new ownership

Belkin2019-05-20
  10. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Belkin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Equitable compensation Good benefits Great people Fun work environment Nice offices, kitchens, etc.

Cons

Some managers are better than others.

Belkin2019-05-17