Belkin Reviews | Glassdoor

Belkin Reviews

Updated August 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Friendly relaxed work environment and team mates (in 11 reviews)

• The router development team in Irvine are great people to work with (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be challenging if you are in a key corporate function (in 12 reviews)

• No work life balance, everything seems urgent & u'll see working more than 12 hrs a norm (in 7 reviews)

"Time to get work done."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

I have been working at Belkin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The teams are great to work with and highly talented. There is an attitude to create greatness and to do it right.

Cons

Many in a management position would rather discuss how to do something that actually strive to get it done, causing project to be delayed.

Advice to Management

Stick to the plan and don't allow blocking elements to continue, even when you are the cause.

2. "Good Company to work"

Former Employee - Channel Sales Manager in Playa Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Channel Sales Manager in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at Belkin (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Work Culture to work.

Cons

Lots of expectations from new market.

Advice to Management

To avoid redundancy

"The company re-organizes too often"

I worked at Belkin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have a chance to talk to the CEO, he is empowering.

Cons

Too much re-org going on and business health is unstable. Not for long term.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Global Finance Intern in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Global Finance Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Belkin (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome environment and tons of great co workers. They give you real tasks and you are part of actual projects.

Cons

Management is always restructuring teams due to different business division growths. Sometimes meetings are called for that don't really have any depth.

5. "Dynamic Organization"

I worked at Belkin (More than 5 years)

Pros

A dynamic organization that continues to look for new ways to bring value to consumers

Cons

Too many concurrent projects running in parallel

6. "WeMo - Product Development"

Pros

Great working environment. It is easy to fit in and if you need assistance with anything everyone is more then happy to help. I gained a lot of experience and knowledge from the team.

Cons

Would like to work more then 30 hours.

Advice to Management

Possible if determined.

7. "Loved the culture"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Belkin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Energy, creativity, and hard working people made for a great culture. Believe I would still be there had it not be for a global layoff.

Cons

Like any other business they took on too much too fast without having a solid plan as well as people in place for a smooth transition. The economy changes at a blink of an eye, in lieu of rebuilding teams each time, acquire/keep contracted employees that know your business, core values, and utilize their skilksets even if on a as needed basis. If CFO predicts a red year where downsizing is unavoidable, then contracted employees can be brought back if available and when applicable. Transparency and communication is the key.

Advice to Management

Nip/avoid negative politics/ego's. Work by the credence of the core values and your team will follow.

"Supple Planner"

Pros

Good team envirnment, great facilities and on-site cafe

Cons

traffic in playa vista and location

Advice to Management

n/a

9. "Wemo Rocks!"

Current Employee - User Interface Developer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - User Interface Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Belkin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice and the work environment is pretty relaxed. The companies CEO and Founder works in our building and is very approachable and grateful to his employees. When we need something to get our job done, they provide it. There is an amazing cafeteria in our office that has great healthy food every day for Breakfast and Lunch. Every other Friday we go out on the terrace and have beers and hang out with co workers. One of the best places I've worked!

Cons

The only thing is that it seems were in a big transition and so there is a lot of organizational stuff they need to catch up with.

Advice to Management

All my direct managers are super positive support people with great attitudes. Dont change!

"Three Ring Circus on a Good Day"

I worked at Belkin full-time

Pros

Really nice people in all corners of the organization.

Cons

Let's start with the leadership: They are unprofessional and ill-equipped to lead the company, as most grew up at Belkin and have no perspective or bench-marking capabilities. They are all led by the megalomaniacal ceo who cloaks his ego in an aw-shucks-family-man charade.

If you thrive in an organization where mentorship is important, this is not for you.

Culture: Apathetic and disengaged

Org Structure: Vertical with no paths forward and managers aren't trained to actually coach employees on how to grow. HR acts like you matter but reviews and performance evaluations are only conducted with the minimal effort to stay compliant. Never bother them or ask questions; squeaky wheels are annoying.

Advice to Management

1. Get outside professionals to create training programs for managers to coach employees; align job descriptions and compensation; overhaul leadership from the top down.