Bell Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bell Partners CEO Jon D. Bell
Jon D. Bell

Pros
  • Company's CORE Values are ones to personally live and work by (in 11 reviews)

• Finally found a place where there is true work-life balance, not just lip service to it (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Expectations are unrealistic for work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Not enough support from upper management (in 8 reviews)

1. "Small but growing firm"

Former Employee - Area Mainteance Supervisor in Burlington, NC
    Former Employee - Area Mainteance Supervisor in Burlington, NC

I worked at Bell Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Independent work schedule.

Cons

Family run firm does not allow for variation of views.

Advice to Management

Allow for some outside leadership.

2. "Just what I've been waiting for..."

Current Employee - Community Manager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been in property management for 6 years and I've been looking for "the right fit". Someplace that has great values, puts residents and it's employees first. I found that at Bell. I love their core values, they apply in anyone's day to day life.

Everything is VERY streamlined. Bell policies are made so that things are the same across the board. Being able to have a home website to find policies, documents and anything you need at your fingertips makes things so easy! I feel like if I need help I'm able to get it quickly with the access to the helpdesk, corporate employees that work with my region, my regional manager or other managers in my region.

Cons

Whether you've done property management or not, there is really a lot to learn. But I was able to have a corporate trainer come to sit with me for a week and then able to have certain tasks given to me once I was able to get day to day tasks down. Also, everyone is very reachable and helpful!

Advice to Management

I'm not a fan of the 80/20 insurance. The premium is very reasonable but the fact of having to pay the 80% of all costs certainly adds up!

Apr 3, 2017 – SVP HR

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are delighted you are with the company! Little known fact. . .it may feel like you are paying 80% of the cost of your insurance, but in reality, the company ... More

3. "Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bell's Core Values are not just stated on the website but are actually incorporated into the daily workflow. Bell values their associates and the quality of the service provided to their clients and this is taught, encouraged and instilled in their policies, procedures and training that is available to all associates at a fingertip. Positive encouragement, training and support is given and required of their leaders. It is a wonderful environment that focuses on service, performance, integrity and ethics.

Cons

I have not found cons worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and add resources as you have obviously done.

5. "I hope to retire with Bell"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company's CORE Values are ones to personally live and work by!
    You are able to have a voice without judgment.
    Strong leadership
    Tons of opportunities for growth for committed employees.
    Adaptive to market conditions!

Cons

Great company to be apart of!

Advice to Management

Freedom to use other prescription providers other than Caremark. Special medical plans for family members with chronic medical conditions.

Mar 27, 2017 – SVP HR

Love your comments - thank you for sharing. We are starting to look at our Benefit Plan for 2018, and I will make sure to pass on your comments. Thanks!

6. "Great Culture of Service to Others!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is "Big Enough" but "Small Enough". The benefits and resources are great but it still has a Family-owned company feel. The people seem to genuinely like and respect each other. The Executive Management team is very approachable and caring. The Bell's themselves are incredibly giving and - as a recent hire - made me feel incredibly welcome. It is a unique culture compared to other companies that I have worked at. I hope to remain at Bell Partners for many years to come.

Cons

I wish we had a better parking solution for Corporate Employees.

Mar 20, 2017 – SVP HR

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. Let us know what other options you would like to see for parking. We pay for most, if not all, of the cost of parking, and we have spaces in two parking ... More

7. "North Carolina Properties"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Bell Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful Training and growth opportunities.

Cons

Senior Management is distant from the operations of individual properties.

Mar 20, 2017 – SVP HR

If you feel comfortable giving me a call (Mary - 336.232.2967) I'd love to learn more about your perceptions of Senior Management so we can make the appropriate changes. Thanks.

"Leasing Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at Bell Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Awesome Product, Everything You Need in Technology, and Amazing Perks

Cons

The down side of Bell is the aggressiveness of their Regional Mangers. Understanding that numbers matter is absolutely significant to success of the business, however the verbiage used to increase a occupancy is outrageous. Regional Managers have ultimate power to speak to you in a degrading manner. The regional managers are allowed to come and go as they please without out building a relationship with the staff in a business professional manner. This is something that is huge to any employee and should be huge to a CEO as well.

I understand that each state has different laws for termination, but taking heed that many companies over use their power to terminate people there should be more documentation when it comes to the grounds to terminate. If you contact Human Resources your discussion will be used against you, retaliation will come from all ways and they will not investigate any situation or conflict they will simply take the word of the community manager.

Bell Partners values are wonderful, but they are not being overseen by people who care about serving their team. My suggestion to anyone looking to work for Bell would be to got o work, do your job, document every concern and remain vigilant.

Advice to Management

My advice to the CEO Mr. Bell is to really get to know your employees and be sure to have every aspect of failing properties investigated. Focus not only on Fair Housing, but Fairness with regard to your employees

"Happy With New Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far I have been very pleased with Bell. I can a lot of growth and potential with the new company I have chosen to work for. #futurelooksbright

Cons

Would like to see more employee inaction, ACM meetings, LC meetings, etc. Meetings help motivate employees and you have opportunities to meet your fellow co-workers, and exchange ideas. Also more individual performance awards!!

10. "45 days in!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, The Bell Way Works, its effective and it allows me to do my job with minimal supervision!

Cons

Systems require upgrades. Certain processes need to be more streamlined. Not much Social Media Precence

Advice to Management

Let's build on developing a mindset of We Work as One Team, One Brand, One Way, The Bell Way! Employees want to feel that they are a part of something Bigger!

Feb 26, 2017 – SVP HR

Wow - I love your Advice to Management. Thank you! Social media is a focus for our Marketing team. Let us know what you want to see!

11. "Thoughts so far.."

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed Bell so far! I have worked at amazing companies and I have also worked at a terrible company and Bell is right above the middle. I honestly breathed a sigh of relief when I got here because I found the company to be organized and consistent through out each property. I absolutely LOVE my coworkers and my manager and for that I am thankful. They have become not just friends but basically my family. Training was alright, there was a lot of computer training which was good but I wish I would have had a Bell Buddy for my position and maybe a binder with some more detailed scenarios of items that come up on a day to day basis. So far I have had to just call another employee when certain things come up. We also recently had our company Christmas party which was fun! They seem to be forward thinking so I look forward to seeing what the future holds for the company. I like that they use Kingsley surveys and value resident feedback. I also like that my manager and regional listen to my ideas and value my opinion. Makes me feel like I can reach out to them for anything no matter how small!

Cons

I wish Bell Partners would do an annual award ceremony. I have had them at previous companies and it made me LOVE what I do! Id like to see more friendly competition between properties such as costume contest, etc.. or anything really. These are small things I feel like they could do to make our company not feel as big and also make employees feel valued etc.

Only one property in my area so I am a little nervous for growth opportunities. Please buy more properties in Ft Worth!!

Advice to Management

See above statement. Also the commissions are low, and while the hourly pay is good, I feel like the bonus potential for my position needs to be restructured because it's the lowest out of any company I have worked for.
    Create a Bell buddy for my position so that I can volunteer to be one! :)