Bella Baby Photography Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2020

3.5
Bella Baby Photography CEO Brad Jones (no image)
Brad Jones
Pros
  • "Everyone that I work with - the other photographers, love it too(in 39 reviews)

• "I feel that Bella Baby really cares about their employees(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "There's not always enough babies for photographers to reach their goals(in 30 reviews)

• "You do not get paid to use your own equipment, cell phones or your time to follow up with clients and no extra pay for editing all of the photos(in 23 reviews)

1. "I love working for Bella Baby"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bella Baby Photography part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible time and schedule, usually work less than 5 hours per shift. I've been with Bella for almost 10 years and learn so much about Newborn posing, lighting and Sales. Commission based pay taught me to be comfortable in the sales and business aspect of Photography. Commission will reflect how much work and effort you put into the shoots and sales. Managers are great, they will let you work on your own phase but also gives you ample of advice how you can improve. They offer workshops and training. Co-workers work as a community if you need help, they are always willing to help with shifts or any aspect of the job. Stable and consistent clients for Photography.

Cons

Census can low at times.

March 6, 2020COO

Thank you for sharing, we love it when our photographer's make a career at Bella Baby!

2. "Stressful but fun job at a great company!"

Current Employee - Photographer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bella Baby Photography part-time for less than a year

Pros

I feel that Bella Baby really cares about their employees. My supervisor, Sara, is one of the sweetest women I've ever met and so helpful when I have questions. My coworkers are all friendly as well. I love photography and babies so it's a joy to capture the first couple days of a baby's life on camera.

Cons

The pay is based on commission so the salary is not consistent. It's a very stressful job at times, with a large learning curve. But you get the hang of it and the results are worth it.

3. "Rewarding job, upper management and pay is not the best"

2.0
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer/Trainer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bella Baby Photography part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Rewarding, Love meeting all of the families and working with the hospital staff. Learning how to take photos in so many different situations in the hospital rooms with just using natural light.

Cons

Pay. Drive through heavy traffic to get to the hospital. Can work a long 8 hour day and not get paid because no one wants to buy in the hospital. You do not get paid to use your own equipment, cell phones or your time to follow up with clients and no extra pay for editing all of the photos. You have to have the photos up that same day. The client might buy later, but you only make a few dollars for all of those hours of work.

4. "Love my job"

I have been working at Bella Baby Photography part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with newborn babies, talking every day with people who are experiencing one of the most joyful points in their lives, creating beautiful memories that will become part of a family's memories.

Cons

100% commission, so you have your low pay periods occasionally. Parents have 2-4 weeks to go home and decide on what they want to purchase (if anything) and you aren't paid until they do. That can be hard at first, but once you have worked for a couple of months, sales from previous weeks start coming in and your check averages out.

Continue reading
  5. "Great company, but could use some improvements"

Current Employee - Photographer in Mineola, NY

I have been working at Bella Baby Photography part-time

Pros

Flexible time and schedule Company Handles the immunization process

Cons

Pay is not Good Sometimes you work long hrs with no reward. Low census Not enough diversity in price in terms of buying options. They split your commission by over all time you work in a pay period not by day, which means you are not getting paid your true worth. So if you average 1080 in sales 1 day and other days are no sales instead of paying you the minimum wage for the days that you did not get paid they include the commission you received for another day as compensation for the amount of hrs that you worked.

May 5, 2020COO

Thank you for taking the time to write in today, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the flexible time and scheduling. Were sorry to hear that you felt like the pay wasn't enough and the work wasn't rewarding. We appreciate your suggestions to management and will consider those as we are always striving to exceed where we can.

6. "DO NOT WORK HERE"

1.0

I worked at Bella Baby Photography part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Being able to work from home

Cons

Pay was horrible. They would lead you along making you think that there was a chance for advancement but then NEVER follow through. They do NOT care about their employees one bit. The CEO is a joke! He is running this company into the ground. They do not care about your growth as a professional. They will blame you for every mistake that the company makes. This place is not worth your time.

May 6, 2020COO

We are sorry to hear about your experience, we would like to speak with you further if you would please reach out to us at talk.to.us@bellababyphotography.com

7. "Great company but low pay"

Former Employee - Photographer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bella Baby Photography part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's nice that you get to work with a flexible schedule, they are always trying to improve the environment and it feels great to take photos of newborns, they are the easiest subjects! Helping families capture those moments was awesome.

Cons

You don't get paid if clients don't buy and even though they tell you they will buy, many many times they don't. I sent out emails reminding clients and offering them a discount and that didn't work. So a lot of the time I felt I was wasting my time by going to work, plus lots of times you get declined for pictures and that time is not paid. I know I agreed to it but when you are actually doing it, you realize. Also, you use your equipment and there is not a special desk at the hospitals to sit and edit or wait. You will have to stand a lot.

March 6, 2020COO

Thank you for taking the time to write in today, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the flexible schedule and that we were always trying to improve the environment. Were sorry to hear that you felt like going to work was a waste of time, we know that not everyone purchases but a majority of the clients do otherwise we wouldn't be able to stay in business. We appreciate your suggestions to management and will consider those as we are always striving to exceed where we can.

8. "Great but not for only source of income"

I have been working at Bella Baby Photography part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice coworkers, good management, fun and creative job, flexible schedule, great for building up photography skills

Cons

pay (hard to predict your day and commission based), no benefits

February 11, 2020COO

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear you are enjoying your time at Bella Baby, we feel it is a fun and friendly environment. Being that you are working part-time employment we are not able to offer benefits and we do understand that with any commission-based job it can be hard to predict your pay, however, can be very rewarding.

"Don’t waste your time"

2.0
    Former Employee - Photographer in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Bella Baby Photography part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work on your own. Very flexible schedule.

Cons

You only work for commission. This can be hard. So some days you can work 6-7 hours and not make a dime. The company gives the shoots away, they’re free! Clients only need to purchase products if interested AFTER the shoot is done. As a result a lot of clients ask for the shoot and then just screenshoot the photos never actually making a purchase. It’s more common than not to photograph 7-9 babies a day but only sell 1. There’s also NO growth offered. You also cannot use any photos taken for your own portfolio.

November 25, 2019COO

We appreciate your input on our business structure, from the beginning stages of training we tell our photogs that it is a commission-based position. This allows our photographers to really create their own success on their own terms. The necessary tools are provided to allow you to excel in your skills, sales, and strategies when working with new parents. Keep in mind that not all new parents are ready to make a purchase the same day in the hospital and that they do have 2 weeks to order online from home and many take advantage of that. We do offer growth within the company by advancing skilled photographers to our Bella Life division with future growth potential from there. Unfortunately, due to HIPAA photographers are not allowed to use the photos in their own personal portfolios.

10. "The right job"

1.0

I have been working at Bella Baby Photography part-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting some experience with photography

Cons

If you have a lot of time and want to waste it with waiting around for mothers who might pay for pictures, then this is the right job for you.

November 25, 2019COO

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear you are getting more photography experience while working here, you are correct that there can be downtime while working in the hospital. During your training, you should have received education on how to handle that time as well as been given the necessary sales tools. As Bella Baby Photographers we are working with moms during a very intimate time and sometimes they are not ready to purchase right there on the spot, they do have two weeks to purchase after they go home. So while you may feel you aren't making money that day, you may be making money on your day off when they order from home!

Found 155 reviews