KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Belly

Is this your company?

Belly

Add a Review

Belly Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 30, 2015

Found 6 of over 60 reviews

3.4
Belly CEO Dan Gloede (no image)
Dan Gloede
Pros
  • "Great companies were built on great people(in 6 reviews)

• "You can meet some cool people, everyone is pretty young at the office(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If you are looking for an average 9-5 job, this is not the place(in 4 reviews)

• "Non evolving product with no real value for the merchants(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

a

Sales Engineer

222 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Building the next big thing in Chicago

Oct 30, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Huge opportunity - Trying to solve big problems for our merchants - Great people and talent - Mission and Values driven - No politics - If you are capable, you will be given more. - Collaboration and teamwork Belly is not just a digital loyalty company. That is what is looks like on the surface to most users. The bigger mission is to help small businesses acquire and retain their customers by cultivating a real and personal relationship. This is the part that most people don't see when looking at Belly from the outside. So, the challenges in Product and Engineering, along with other ares of the business, are huge. That's what makes it awesome. How do you help that person who has put their life savings into opening their dream coffee shop? Belly can be a friend and partner by proving great product and tech to this person.

Cons

- Has the standard 4-year-old startup challenges - How do you scale rapidly without compromising culture and values? - Resource constraints. Can always use more talent, always have more funding for marketing, etc. - May lack focus at times

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee

Prioritizing rapid growth over customer data

Oct 7, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office with great people

Cons

Product iterations were slow causing high client turnover.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great while it lasted..

May 28, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with. Always a chance to learn and take on more responsibility. Ability to self-manage.

Cons

Lack of recognition and appreciation for the amount of work done. Lack of leadership. Lack of stability.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bait and Switch

Nov 12, 2014 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

-7Eleven deal is very impressive -You meet some great people -Friendships extend beyond the workplace

Cons

Where to begin? -Start with the title of this post, expect lots of empty promises as a salesperson (payraise, stock options, promotion, special projects, etc). -We always have to act like a "big-boy" company when talking w/ merchants and customers, however "We're a start-up" was always the response when inquiring about pay-raises, expenses, etc. -The only thing that "evolves" is the price of the service, which you know only increases. The product hasn't changed in over a year, and it is becoming more stale by the day. In this industry it is mandatory to be ahead of the innovation curve. -Where is the logic here? Customer A purchases a $500 catering order for their office; they earn 5 points. Customer B walks in next and purchases a can of soda-pop; they earn 5 points. Customer C follows and just needs to use the bathroom; they earn 5 points. #loyalty -CEO would routinely send out extreme emails on a Friday afternoon declaring "Mandatory work weekend". Many employees were out of town on vacation during one of these summer weekends, and that resulted in documented warnings and "Performance Improvement Plans" (aka "PIPS") being delivered on Monday because they weren't working (think of these as a "Strike 2" before being fired). -How many times can the "F Bomb" be dropped in a motivational speech or meeting? Google the mission statement or credo or whatever it is, every sentence has the f-word in it and the exec team LOVES that it does. Grow up, I thought swearing was cool when I was in elementary school. -A hint for current and future employees... Would you like to be promoted? My advice: complain. Whiners consistently get what they want here. -Your first 90 days are crucial as a new employee, because if you don't perform at a high-level right away you will be terminated. They going on hiring and firing binges within these first three months and they don't have to pay unemployment if you are let go within that time frame. -A great majority of these positive reviews before me are not organic. Exec team sent out emails asking people to write positive reviews because they were preparing to go on one of their famous hiring binges (read above) the following month.

20 people found this review helpful

Belly Response

People Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are happy to see that your experience with your co-workers and the rest of the Belly team was positive and that you were able to establish relationships that extend past the workplace. We aim to hire the best people, not only from a professional standpoint but from a personal standpoint, too. And thank you for your enthusiasm regarding the 7Eleven deal and how it has strengthened our position in the loyalty space. This has been a huge source of pride for us and is something we know will shape the future of Belly. We're excited! We are, however, sorry to hear that the rest of your experience working with Belly was less than positive. Belly will continue to be committed to building and maintaining a fun yet professional and respectful culture and one that is transparent with its employees. -The People Team

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Culture, Family, Hard work, Growth. Belly is a game changer.

May 8, 2014 - Territory Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Belly is a Newer company to hit the Market. However the company is just that, full of rewards. 1. Management will always offer a Helping hand. They will guide you and direct you so that you learn. 2.Training, Belly believes in their people. They offer you training when you start as well as ongoing training. 3. Great companies were built on great people. Belly is full them. You get to work with and for some of the most talented and passionate team. Nobody said it was going to be easy, but if you work hard and you will you will see all the benefits. 4. Best part is the CEO is out there with you grinding. There is nothing that he will ask you to do that he has not done already on his own. 6. If you one of the lucky ones that gets hired you will never look back, working here is a game changer. 5.The Harder I work The luckier I am...Thomas Jefferson

Cons

Like every company they always have a few things to work out.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really smart, good people

Mar 23, 2013 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Belly is very fun to work at. Great people and very fun atmosphere with parties and a relaxed atmosphere. The CEO and other Executives are very open and love to hear the ideas and thoughts of everyone - which is rare and very nice.

Cons

Very long hours and not much pay. I wasn't at Belly very long, but from what I gathered everybody worked their butt off for the company and didn't really get compensated for it. It's a really tough sale and it seems like there are unreasonable expectations from management. Hopefully this changes in the future but for right now you have to work extremely hard for not much money or personal life.

1 person found this review helpful