Belmont University "christian" Reviews | Glassdoor

Belmont University Employee Reviews about "christian"

Updated Aug 21, 2019

Found 51 reviews

4.4
Belmont University CEO Robert C. Fisher
Robert C. Fisher
Pros
Cons
  • "I came here partially because of the Christian environment(in 3 reviews)

• "Minimum Wage, Not much schedule flexibility(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "christian"

Return to all Reviews

"Wonderful place to work!"

I have been working at Belmont University full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, people people! Some of the best folks I've ever worked with. Great benefits, time off, flexibility. Meaningful work.

Cons

Belmont is a lean organization, so you'll be doing the work of at least two or three people. But they make up for it by hiring solid, dedicated workers. I came here partially because of the Christian environment. The school has drifted pretty far from its conservative Baptist roots. Still a great environment with lots of diversity, but not what it used to be.

Belmont University2019-03-18

"To much politics, not enough Jesus"

Former Employee - Computer & Simulation Technician in Nashville, TN

I worked at Belmont University for less than a year

Pros

It was Better than being unemployed.

Cons

I assumed because it was a "Christian" university it would be a good place to work. I was wrong. You have to constantly watch your back. Everything is political. You either have to correctly identify the cliques and work your way into one or you have to stay below the radar and fend for your self. There is a web of connections and behind the back chatter that is effectively...

Belmont University2016-04-05

"Great atmosphere overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Belmont University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really nice co-workers Fairly relaxed environment compared to corporate Beautiful campus

Cons

They can be very tight-fisted and only care about the bottom line It's mostly Christian in name only (could be a pro, depending on your stance) Few opportunities for advancement

Belmont University2015-06-04
  4. "Belmont, a great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Professor

I have been working at Belmont University

Pros

Small Christian family environment, smart students, great facilities. Time off to be with family and travel.

Cons

Micromanagment of professors in the CEMB by mid management. Management is not promoted on merit, but rather favoritism.

Advice to Management

Be consistent with payscale between ranks. Codify promotion requirements for CEMB. Reward those for getting PhDs.

Belmont University2008-08-03

"Nice environment, sans leadership"

Former Employee -  in

I worked at Belmont University full-time

Pros

Mostly Christian institution. Small school where you can get to know people. Tuition benefit. Very talented students who go on to greatness.

Cons

A bit of a shock coming from a large university. Students are prone to entitlement here, and some of the senior leadership egos are unreal. There was a failure by leadership to plan and set operation expectations for my area. When they finally did, jobs were on the chopping block.

Advice to Management

When you bring an employee on board, please make your expectations clearly known and do not take lightly someone's livelihood. You have a quality school with much to offer the world, and it is a rewarding place to work.

Belmont University2013-01-09