Belshaw Bros. Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Roger Faw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Engineering Intern"

Pros

Great people
    Great manager
    Pretty chill

Cons

Will be great if I had a mentor to work with.

"A Good Place to Work Gone BAD"

Pros

A great shop workforce who work hard everyday to produce quality equipment.

Cons

I worked at Belshaw for several years and left the company in 2011. Since then I have kept in touch with my former brothers and sisters who tell me things that are going on. They tell me that the current President is nothing more than a phony and cannot be trusted. He tells the crew what they want to hear, but his actions never matches what he says.

Advice to Management

Never forget the core business of Belshaw because this is what made the company what is once was. Stepping away from the core business will only bring the company down.

"Not a career"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Intern in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Intern in Auburn, WA

Pros

The people who work here are great. Except for the higher management.

Cons

A few are down to Earth, but most hang out in a 'click' and think theyre better than others. They dont realize it, but the have micro-management at its worst. Most of the employees hate working there.

Advice to Management

Be a better person, and stop thinking about money and status.

"Stay Away from this place"

Current Employee - Former Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Former Human Resources Manager

Pros

The benefits include health insurance, 401k, dental, vision, life insurance, & disability all okay. The free food that people bring nice. The $25 Safeway gift card we get at Christmas nice. New building nice. okay balance of work to rest life.

Cons

No respect for employees, constant mistreatment from top down - treat us like kids, fine for missing Christmas party, constant turnover & paperwork for new employees, no allowed to have coffee makers any more in building, low employee morale, indecision or reversal of decision by top, no way to grow in role or advance, communication poor throughout all company

Advice to Management

Get a clue

"Belshaw won't survive with Roger Faw at the helm."

Former Employee - Designer in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Designer in Kent, WA

Pros

The employees are great. You really get to feel like family. They were almost enough to keep me there. For a rather small company the benefits are acceptable.

Cons

Roger Faw knows little to nothing about running a company and he is very abusive toward his employees and managers. He can often be heard yelling. The managers are cowed by Roger and that makes Belshaw miserable for everyone. Roger makes knee jerk decisions that almost always come back to bite the company and create more rework for the employees.

Advice to Management

Most of the employees realize that the managers aren't allowed to do their jobs because of Roger.