Beltway Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 30, 2017

2.9
Jack Saum

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Finally, a place to grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North East, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North East, MD

I have been working at Beltway Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for Beltway Companies. I've had some really awful experiences working for family-run businesses before, but this one truly cares about employees. I had no experience in this industry and started part time with minor responsibility. In the 18 months I've been here I have learned SO MUCH-because they fostered my desire to learn. I am confident in the work I do and what really helps with that is the team work environment. I can only speak for the only location I have ever worked for in the company, but ALL of our departments here communicate wonderfully. Not just about work, but we talk about our families and interests as well. It has been a long while that I had a job where I enjoy coming to work! The managers I work with directly are extremely helpful, and something interesting that I've not encountered before- they don't talk down to me or pull that power trip stuff. I get treated like a person, who has a mind and feelings and a family- I'm more than just an employee ID number.

Cons

One con is each department using different lingo for things. BUT like I said, I knew nothing when I came here and am learning how to call what to who. That's more of a personal struggle than a con.

Advice to Management

Keep that "Got your six" mentality and personal involvement with the employees. People work better when they feel they matter!

2. "Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Halethorpe, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Halethorpe, MD

I worked at Beltway Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Has a fair amount of good employees and about half of the management is decent.

Cons

Privately owned company, with a very temperamental owner. Your job experience may vary drastically depending on which location you are based out of. You're likely to find it more enjoyable if you aren't located at the flagship location.
    Lack of transparency, top-down decisions will be made by a separate directorate board and the owner.

Advice to Management

na

3. "Mechanic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Not many to speak of

Cons

Dysfunction is the normal day to day, very dishonest to customers which is very hard to take pride in your work

Advice to Management

Get rid of the thiefs and hire manager's with integrity

4. "Be careful"

Pros

Flexibility with schedule.

Sometimes they feed you.

Cons

Horrible management and ownership.

Dog eat dog culture. Don't drop the soap.

Advice to Management

Take some leadership training and personal development courses. Don't treat people like they are disposable objects.

5. "Admin for lease"

Former Employee - Lease Administrator
    Former Employee - Lease Administrator

I worked at Beltway Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people. My job duties where a bit over whelming but I loved it. I loved the trucks and the maintenance of looking after them.

Cons

I was always told this is a private company come see me when you have a problem. When I needed him most I couldn't get him to talk to me. Letting me go was done unfairly. I was harassed an employee who nothing about what my job entailed. HR said there was no evidence. Is there ever evidence. Do you think it was done in front of people? Not hardly.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your employees are saying. They are key to your success. A bad manager will have good employees running for the front door.. Me myself would love to be back with my beltway family. I'm smart and no my stuff.

6. "It was ok, the people there were good to work with."

Former Employee - Service Writer
    Former Employee - Service Writer

Pros

Salary was ok. Good Manager

Cons

I was laid off to make room for another employee to come back.

7. "Still in the learning process."

Pros

A pretty good repore between employees & management. Good work environment. Nice newer faciality. Smaller tight knit group of employees.

Cons

Lack of training. No real advancement oppurtunities. Friction between service department an the parts departments or as we call them the sales prevention department.