Belzona Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "President"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belleville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belleville, IL

I have been working at Belzona full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Its a very good company

Cons

Its My company so there are no cons

Advice to Management

Travel More

2. "Worked at Belzona for two years"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Belzona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were no pros--I should have read the reviews before I took the job.

Cons

There is no room for advancement. The management changes fro day to day. The turnover is terrible and the morale obviously not good. Do yourself a favor--don't even apply for a job--it was the worst mistake of my career.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees--every idea is always shot down by Management.

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Manager

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your career at Belzona Inc. We are a little puzzled why you left it so long after leaving to post a comment but would point out that if you had raised your... More

"Great Place To Learn The Business"

Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

Lot's of opportunity to really learn the business from a respected industry leader

Cons

too much internal drama that impedes getting anything done

Advice to Management

hire professional manatets

"Engineer - Industrial"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Belzona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Work - life balance
    2. Location

Cons

You are constantly under the radar. Constant fear that you'll get fired the next day. The company/management is spending way too much money than they are actually making. All the work is done by hourly employed people. So called Managers and VP's are there to travel and play games on their phone and computer. When you go ask some questions they will give a definite solution but be prepared to be thrown under the bus if that solution doesn't work. Its always, I mean always going to be your fault. You'll see people starting as Chemists and Designers and in Marketing, and in one year they will be Vise President of the associated departments. They have less than 100 people working there but they all themselves a Global company. A company that is managed and owned by people who's got no idea of what and where they want to go. Its a shame because the products that were developed 100 years back still hold a good and respectable market.

Advice to Management

- Make some definite plans of where you wanna see yourself in next 5 years.
    - Don't hire people who are just out of school and have absolutely no work experience and give them job duties of some one with 5 years experience. (they do that so that they don't have to pay them as someone with 5 years exp)
    - Before you hire or fire someone, please think about the after effects of that decision. Its a big step back if you get rid of someone because that someone is just trying to do their job which they are not trained to do.
    - don't just think about how to save money. Invest intelligently on people, equipments, and ideas.

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your comments. We would like to address a couple of points. We believe in promoting from within and many of our Vice Presidents and managers have indeed worked their way up through the... More

5. "Great company with a family feel"

Former Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL

I worked at Belzona full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Travel
    Freedom to organize your day
    Opportunities to learn

Cons

Some Management needs to be replaced
    At times disruptive

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, you have some great talent working for you! Focus more on the people rather than looking good in front of the owners.

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your time with us!

6. "Editor of technical documentation, communication with distributors and suppliers of South America,Canada,Russia,Ukraine"

Former Employee - Public Relations and Marketing Assistant/Technical Editor in Doral, FL

I worked at Belzona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Engineering job with new polymeric materials for different surfaces, meeting a new people in international business, great and forward-looking opportunity of development in international market.

Cons

I improved my engineering skills, learned new materials and technology in different areas of practice in international market.

Advice to Management

Great management, excellent benefits, very good opportunities of personal growth

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Manager

"They do good at repairing, mediocre at protecting and none at improving..."

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Belzona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best place if you like to just seat at your desk and do the bear minimum. Good place to earn experience on what not to do on a professional environment.

Cons

No advancement. Non-sense and unnecessary day to day work without concept, art direction or creativity.

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Manager

We are sorry you are unhappy with your career at Belzona Inc. We would recommend you approach HR to raise your concerns with us so that we can address them in the correct manner.

"In Desperate Need of a Complete Overhaul!"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Miami, FL

I worked at Belzona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Manufactures a good end product.

Cons

Within a 6 month period, Belzona's owners have eliminated all senior management/employees who positively influenced the company, and replaced them with individuals who are desperate enough to deal with all the lunacy that takes place on a day-to-day basis. Management is aware of the economic situation affecting our country, and they use this to their advantage by intimidating and exploiting its employees/distributors. Do not be fooled by appearances, Belzona has the worst culture of any company I have ever been employed in.

Advice to Management

N/A

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your comments. We would like to address a couple of points. Several years ago we did replace several senior members of staff with a new Board of Directors. These Directors have all... More

"The managers don't care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England (UK)

I have been working at Belzona full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can sit there and do nothing for years. The team is great but there's a lack of investment. Good for people without any experience or aspirations.

Cons

The managers don't care. The owners don't have a clue and live far away in the US. Too much of a blame culture that leads to a hire/fire mentality.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending everything's okay. The business is going downhill everyday.

Aug 11, 2017 – HR Manager

If you are a current employee you will be aware we are building a new factory which is a massive investment and certainly demonstrates our commitment to our business and our people. If you are... More

"Fairyland"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England (UK)

I have been working at Belzona (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice location and nice annual bonus if you can stick it long enough.

Cons

Full of unprofessional gossip. Expectations high with no training. Manager lazy and out of their depth. The best people leave so fast their feet don't touch the ground. They will fire you for no reason. Worst mistake of my career. Beware they will trash your reputation on a whim. Wish I'd seen Glassdoor before I applied.

Advice to Management

Management need a reality check. Listen to staff on the ground and not managers who behave like they are from another planet.

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Manager

We are sorry to hear you are not happy with your career at Belzona Polymerics Ltd. We would be grateful if you would approach HR in the correct manner, as outlined in our Employee Handbook, to raise... More