Bemis Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
William F. Austen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work / Life Balance & Flexibility" (in 15 reviews)

• "Good pay, worked with some professional people, nice clean facility" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "I wish we could see everyone have a Monday-Friday position just to have a better work/life balance for everyone" (in 10 reviews)

• "upper management doesn't understand what it's like in the departments, although they think they know everything" (in 10 reviews)

1. "I feel fortunate to work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great team atmosphere
    - Constantly looking to future
    - Flexible
    - Awesome benefits
    - Family feel
    - Competitive compensation
    - Limitless opportunities
    - Strong work-life balance

Cons

This was my first job out of college (2 years ago) and I have yet to regret my decision to work here. I plan to stay for a long time.

2. "IT Security SAP Analyst"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

Wonderful work environment and co-workers. Employees are empowered to share ideas and take on new tasks for enhancing their careers.

Cons

High paced, multiple projects, not a lot of time to focus on one task before another task begins.

3. "Not necessarily about what you know, but who you know"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

The culture, the people, lots of change all the time, always something new to learn, every day is different, and the pay is not so bad. Luckily I've been blessed to work different positions and have grown a lot in a short amount of time.

Cons

There's lot of change, you don't really hear of these changes until it's almost going to happen. I heard of others' fears of losing their job due to all the rumors out there.

There's all this talk about "opportunities", but you really have to know the right people to get chances at these opportunities.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to be transparent and give opportunities. Also, I've seen that people won't "move up" unless their manager actually likes/supports you. Another thing I've seen is that some senior management will have meetings and one on one's with certain teams that reports up to them, but not the others (almost as though the other teams aren't "important" enough). People like to feel valued. Bemis needs to find ways to value everyone, especially the individual contributors.

4. "Research Engineer"

Current Employee - Research and Development Engineer in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Research and Development Engineer in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people at Bemis are awesome. I have worked in several companies and industries but have never been in a more collaborative environment. Everyone works together well and is supportive of each other regardless of position or segment.

Cons

The company is bigger than I am used to. Ideally I like to have a broader area of responsibility. I work on helping others and volunteering for team assignments to get more exposure.

Advice to Management

Push more responsibility and decision making down as far as you can in the organization, you have some great people.

5. "Bemis Company"

Current Employee - Director, Continuous Improvement in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Director, Continuous Improvement in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Work / Life Balance & Flexibility
    - Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
    - Competitive Compensation
    - Excellent people and resources
    - Very stable company

Cons

- Too many 'dual-role' positions
    - Could be more international job assignments for development

Advice to Management

- Invest in more select capital improvements for automation and recapitalization
    - More acquisitions

6. "IT Security Manager"

Current Employee - IT Security Manager in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - IT Security Manager in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Bemis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bemis puts a lot of effort and time into their recruitment process. I had to interview with multiple people before even getting the opportunity to come on board. And most scenarios this would have made me feel uncomfortable. However, at the end of the process, I was sure that I was a good fit for the organization and they were a good fit for me. This is truly a high-performing culture. If you want to be challenged, and you want your career trajectory to go in the right direction, then Bemis might be the organization for you. Career opportunities abound for those who are willing to put forth the work.

Cons

The only downside I would say is that if you are not up to the challenge of hitting the ground running and learning very quickly about Bemis culture, you might feel out of place. I don't really see this is a con.

Advice to Management

I have no real advice for management as I feel that I have been provided the support and the guidance that I have needed to be successful since day one.

7. "Great People & Transforming Culture"

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people here are great! They are hardworking, work together and the Company is doing a nice job of sharing the strategy and how we all are important to success. There is a lot of opportunity to get involved and learn new things and the President really understands how to set up on the path to win. Really good to see all the work leading to wins!

Cons

There is a lot of change, so you have to like asking lots of questions and not mind fast pace changes.

Advice to Management

Keep asking for us to talk across teams, sharing what is going well and what isn't going well and asking lots of questions of us

8. "Bemis doesn’t care about hourly associates or families"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

Good insurance, decent pay, free water?

Cons

Management doesn’t care about hourly associates. Hope you don’t have a family cause you won’t see them. Promises are never kept. Gm is an absolute moron. If you aren’t someone’s pet, you don’t matter

Advice to Management

Except for planners and accountant the rest of you need to quit or be fired.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bemis continues to offer me opportunities to learn and grow along with a great schedule to support a work / life balance. It is an environment focusing on continuous improvement where your ideas do matter. I continue to see the impact of my work at the company. I enjoy working here.

Cons

The Company is working to position itself for future success as it adapts to changing customer needs. You should be comfortable with managing change to be successful.

10. "HRIS Analyst- Payroll"

Current Employee - HRIS Analyst in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - HRIS Analyst in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, long tenor of workers, adapts to Change well, Better opportunities with work life balance

Cons

Wage differences bases by peers, Medical Cost for Family Coverage and additional fees for spouses

Advice to Management

Be Present, Meeting with clear agendas, less group meetings,