Bemis Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 15, 2017

5.0
William F. Austen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work-life balance; location has low-cost housing; opportunity for advancement; mellow organization overall (in 9 reviews)

• Easy, fast pased job with good pay and good benefits (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management doesn't understand what it's like in the departments, although they think they know everything (in 9 reviews)

• Hours, rotating shifts, work life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Environment"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Bemis as an intern

Pros

I was an intern for just a summer, but was able to learn a lot about the company in that short amount of time. My team was small, but we all got along really well, and they were always willing to help if I had any questions.

Cons

There were no major downsides to working here.

2. "Fun!"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

Awesome company Culture. Overall fun place to work.

Cons

The packaging industry is struggling.

Advice to Management

The new business plan looks much better

3. "Solid comany that's working on improving itself"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

Has a strong base...great leaders, great assets, great people who truly care and are working hard to move the company in the right direction.

Cons

Performance hasn't been as-desired this year, but the flip side is that a lot of action is being take to improve that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good internal communication of the path forward -- we are rallying and know what we need to do to get there.

4. "Huge personal growth while working at Bemis"

Former Intern - R&D Co-Op in Neenah, WI
    Former Intern - R&D Co-Op in Neenah, WI

I worked at Bemis as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The engineers and scientists at Bemis are extremely knowledgeable and skilled, as well as very ready to help interns learn. Managers focus on personal development well, and helped me grow as a professional as well as an engineer. The co-op program also exposes you to leaders in the company, so you get to hear a lot of interesting perspectives about how the company functions, and on how to be successful as a professional.

Engineers engage in a lot of different projects, and have the opportunity to switch positions frequently. You can learn quite a bit over a few years, here.

Cons

There are some growing pains that have begun affecting the efficiency of how R&D works with manufacturing facilities, for scale-up trials and the like. There are many hoops to jump through, and communication can be spotty.

Advice to Management

Focus on pushing communication between manufacturing facilities and R&D. A great deal of time is wasted on engineers waiting on projects to go through manufacturing facilities. That makes quarterly growth difficult.

5. "Intern/Seasonal Help Accounts Payable"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Neenah, WI
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Neenah, WI

I worked at Bemis as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility with intern hours, worked with a lot of great people, loved my managers and peers

Cons

When first hired, I could have used a little more training and was definitely just thrown into things

Advice to Management

Provide more training upon hire and give more explanations of work

6. "Good place to work"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Bemis as an intern

Pros

Co-workers were very friendly, management was great and overall a good environment

Cons

No real cons, I really enjoyed my time here

Advice to Management

No advice

7. "Solid Company; Great career opportunity"

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company that does a good job balancing long-term business health with short term demands. Leadership is placing a focus on improving performance, from both a total-company financial perspective and an individual-employee perspective. Accountability is weaving its way throughout the organization, which is a great thing for hard-working, results-oriented employees. Lots of career advancement opportunities, and the company rewards employees who deliver/perform.

Cons

It takes time to weave the change through the entire organization. Good start, a way to go yet. Probably true at any company undergoing change.

Advice to Management

Continue to have high expectations for our organization.

"Operator Assistant"

Former Employee - Assistant Operator in Trevose, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Operator in Trevose, PA

I worked at Bemis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great company of manufacturing. I enjoyed the job of being an operator assistant.

Cons

Overnight 12 hours 7pm to 7am

9. "Production Machine Operator"

Former Employee - Production, Shipping, Receiving, Inventory in Russellville, AR

I worked at Bemis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Done background check on company and yes they are a great on to work for and retire plus great team work .

Cons

Well for starters , there is nothing wrong or bad I can say , there doing a great job and having fun doing well at what they like to do .

Advice to Management

N/A

10. "Co-op Experience"

Former Intern - Process Engineer Coop
    Former Intern - Process Engineer Coop

I worked at Bemis as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to Co-op with Bemis in their Shelbyville, KY facility. It was a friendly, productive work environment with a lot of great people. I enjoyed my time spent their as an engineering co-op.

Cons

The downside to working in almost any manufacturing environment is working indoors for an extended period of time. The only time spent outside was during lunch on the patio.

Advice to Management

Management was excellent at Bemis. They were helpful whenever any questions arose and were willing to teach me about different aspects of the company (i.e finance, shipping, logistics).