Bemis Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
William F. Austen

Pros
  • Good work-life balance; location has low-cost housing; opportunity for advancement; mellow organization overall (in 9 reviews)

• Great flexibility with intern hours, worked with a lot of great people, loved my managers and peers (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management doesn't understand what it's like in the departments, although they think they know everything (in 9 reviews)

• Unless you are from the fox valley, enjoy traveling or hiking there is not too much to around here (in 5 reviews)

1. "Bemis is truely a professional company with professional people"

Current Employee - Supervisor I T Audit in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Supervisor I T Audit in Oshkosh, WI

Pros

Bemis treats employees with dignity, respect, and a professionalism unmatched in the country. Bemis finds, trains, and keeps excellent employees.

Cons

If you enjoy the northern states, like Minnesota or Wisconsin, then Bemis headquarters and location of employment may be a perfect fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good work. Your company is truely a wonderful environment to work and grow a career. Best wishes to your fine organization.

2. "Very good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, TN

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

very good pay for the area benefits are good , also good advancement opportunity just have to work hard and be a productive team member. Management at bemis promotes and fosters Safety programs the company truly put safety first. Good training for employee application also cogitative training, its like everything else in this country you have to work for it.

Cons

They live up to contract we made, they gave me a job benefits and pay and i agreed to work for it, that's all they expect.
    Safety protects people and Quality protects jobs you create your own job security!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good WORK

3. "IT Systems Administrator for BMC Remedy ITSM."

Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Neenah, WI

I worked at Bemis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is great place to work. All of my co-workers were always more than willing to assist when needed. Working hours could be negotiated when needed to help me with any personal matters. Compensation was fair and in-line with market value.

Cons

Working in IT with a global company did require some off-hours support. This was expected and my supervisor was always sensitive to this.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Principal Development Engineer Dairy Business in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Principal Development Engineer Dairy Business in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Bemis (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company and great leadership. Very much a team atmosphere and the benefit are great. I would recommend Bemis to anyone. This is a great company to work for with great leaders.

Cons

I can not think of any real negatives. Just the location. The Fox Valley is a great place to raise a family and most of the locations for Bemis are in the Fox Valley. There is nothing bad to say about this company.

Advice to Management

I think everything it going well. The employees are engaged and the management team is onboard with what needs to happen to make the company great. There is nothing to complain about. From the hourly employees up to senior leadership.

6. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company that continues to invest and grow. Rock solid history of performance. High performance culture really starting to take shape.

Cons

Legacy systems tend to make some back office functions more diffucult then they need to be. Sometimes the conversative nature of the company delays hiring when there are needs for additional positions.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you are on. High performance culture and investing for the future. Developing the best Human capital and the reinvesting in the best equipment will set the path for profitable growth in the future.

"bag helper/bag dept."

Current Employee - Bag Helper in Hazleton, PA
    Current Employee - Bag Helper in Hazleton, PA

I have been working at Bemis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Time goes by quickly.steady work easy to find your routine and complete tasks assigned to you.

Cons

forced progression..they can move you anywhere anytime..make you go to 12 hour shifts.move you to another dept.an a days notice..the favorites get treated great.while regular average workers get the crap end of the work.they can move you up to opetator anytime they see fit.even though you do not desire a job change.arrogant life long employees treat new people like garbage .yelling even screaming at them expecting them to know what they know.

Advice to Management

be honest..dont lull trainees into thinking they will have time to grow into the job.dont just throw employees into full workload alone when they are clearly not ready..also rules should be consistent for everyone.

"Bemis"

Former Employee - Business Process Improvement Manager in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Business Process Improvement Manager in Neenah, WI

I worked at Bemis (More than a year)

Pros

Strong financially. Solid knowledge of flexible packaging. Innovative packaging solutions.

Cons

Long hours required for certain positions.

9. "Great Environment"

Pros

Atmosphere is positive and we work as a team. The pay is competitive.

Cons

There really are no cons to working at Bemis.

Advice to Management

Hold all employees equally accountable.

"Innovative, Team Oriented, Strategically Aligned"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Pros

Team oriented, leadership is strategically aligned on objectives, focused on process improvements, room for personal/professional growth, career opportunities, sustainable product and industry, down to earth managers/leadership

Cons

Due to size (60+ locations, 11 countries) communication and alignment can be a slight issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate to all levels and celebrate successes with the business and its customers.

11. "R&D co-op"

Pros

Excellent environment, very helpful coworkers who want you to succeed. It was a great first co-op experience because of the supportive environment and relatively large co-op program (different people to meet/hang out with outside of work)

Cons

It is hard to say because I had a very good experience and I was only there as a co-op (8 months). I had an excellent manager who had plenty for me to do, but other co-ops didn't have as much work to do, and it is difficult to come up with your own projects while working in R&D and limited experience or market/manufacturing knowledge

Advice to Management

Ensure that co-op are only given to managers who request a co-op and have enough projects for them to work on and time to interact with them. Overall, though, great environment and people.