Bemis Reviews | Glassdoor

Bemis Reviews

5.0
William F. Austen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work-life balance; location has low-cost housing; opportunity for advancement; mellow organization overall (in 9 reviews)

• Good pay, good employees, large company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management doesn't understand what it's like in the departments, although they think they know everything (in 9 reviews)

• Opportunities for advancement are limited outside of the Fox Valley, Wisconsin (in 6 reviews)

1. "Huge personal growth while working at Bemis"

Former Intern - R&D Co-Op in Neenah, WI
    Former Intern - R&D Co-Op in Neenah, WI

I worked at Bemis as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The engineers and scientists at Bemis are extremely knowledgeable and skilled, as well as very ready to help interns learn. Managers focus on personal development well, and helped me grow as a professional as well as an engineer. The co-op program also exposes you to leaders in the company, so you get to hear a lot of interesting perspectives about how the company functions, and on how to be successful as a professional.

Engineers engage in a lot of different projects, and have the opportunity to switch positions frequently. You can learn quite a bit over a few years, here.

Cons

There are some growing pains that have begun affecting the efficiency of how R&D works with manufacturing facilities, for scale-up trials and the like. There are many hoops to jump through, and communication can be spotty.

Advice to Management

Focus on pushing communication between manufacturing facilities and R&D. A great deal of time is wasted on engineers waiting on projects to go through manufacturing facilities. That makes quarterly growth difficult.

2. "CFO Latin America"

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer Latin America in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very stable company that serves mainly food and personal care market segments.

Cons

The company is not reaching shareholders expectations in the last two years.

3. "Intern/Seasonal Help Accounts Payable"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Neenah, WI
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Neenah, WI

I worked at Bemis as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility with intern hours, worked with a lot of great people, loved my managers and peers

Cons

When first hired, I could have used a little more training and was definitely just thrown into things

Advice to Management

Provide more training upon hire and give more explanations of work

4. "sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tultitlán, México (Mexico)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tultitlán, México (Mexico)

I have been working at Bemis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is great company, with a lot opportunities to grow up

Cons

The process sometimes are very slow

5. "Good place to work"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Bemis as an intern

Pros

Co-workers were very friendly, management was great and overall a good environment

Cons

No real cons, I really enjoyed my time here

Advice to Management

No advice

6. "Solid Company; Great career opportunity"

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company that does a good job balancing long-term business health with short term demands. Leadership is placing a focus on improving performance, from both a total-company financial perspective and an individual-employee perspective. Accountability is weaving its way throughout the organization, which is a great thing for hard-working, results-oriented employees. Lots of career advancement opportunities, and the company rewards employees who deliver/perform.

Cons

It takes time to weave the change through the entire organization. Good start, a way to go yet. Probably true at any company undergoing change.

Advice to Management

Continue to have high expectations for our organization.

"Operator Assistant"

Former Employee - Assistant Operator in Trevose, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Operator in Trevose, PA

I worked at Bemis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great company of manufacturing. I enjoyed the job of being an operator assistant.

Cons

Overnight 12 hours 7pm to 7am

8. "I love work at Bemis!"

Current Employee - Imaging Treatment Analyst in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Imaging Treatment Analyst in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros

A solid company that seeks innovation and respects its employees.

Cons

The company should promote greater exchange of employees in order to further improve its processes.

Advice to Management

As mentioned earlier, it is a solid company and believe that success is due to great management capacity of the Chairman, Directors and Managers from all areas.

9. "Production Machine Operator"

Former Employee - Production, Shipping, Receiving, Inventory in Russellville, AR

I worked at Bemis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Done background check on company and yes they are a great on to work for and retire plus great team work .

Cons

Well for starters , there is nothing wrong or bad I can say , there doing a great job and having fun doing well at what they like to do .

Advice to Management

N/A

10. "Co-op Experience"

Former Intern - Process Engineer Coop
    Former Intern - Process Engineer Coop

I worked at Bemis as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to Co-op with Bemis in their Shelbyville, KY facility. It was a friendly, productive work environment with a lot of great people. I enjoyed my time spent their as an engineering co-op.

Cons

The downside to working in almost any manufacturing environment is working indoors for an extended period of time. The only time spent outside was during lunch on the patio.

Advice to Management

Management was excellent at Bemis. They were helpful whenever any questions arose and were willing to teach me about different aspects of the company (i.e finance, shipping, logistics).