Bench Craft Company Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Bench Craft Company President & Owner Charley Cobb
Charley Cobb

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The base salary is awesome with lots of cash bonuses and also commission" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great people, fun place to work" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "You get a call from Home Office to let you go, and management won't even look up when you bring up the conversation" (in 8 reviews)

• "Also, they charge clients credit cards without with notifying the client and the art dept" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Rehire done RIGHT."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was originally hired as a sales rep in the NC office, but due to an auto accident I had to part ways with the company. My boss Edward was AMAZING! This man is beyond knowledgeable and always willing to help, just ask. I bugged him every 5 seconds and he was always there ready and willing. If you’re in the Raleigh, NC area looking for a great opportunity and amazing trainer look no further than Edward and Bench Craft.
    Now I’m in the TX office and have taken EVERYTHING he taught me and was able to kick butt and take names, so much so that I was able to hit my 5 training deals in my FIRST 2 days. My trainers here are awesome, but I know that I can still call Edward for a pep talk and motivation. Couldn’t have asked for a better company to work for or a better support system. Edward is the man. He’s passionate about his job and taking the time to train every new hire that walks into his office. He’ll motivate the hell out of you by lighting a fire under your butt and reminding you that you’re capable of making as much or as little money as you want.
    You’re confused, scared, tongue tied or whatever get up from your desk and ask for help. Pick his brain, think you’re about to screw up a deal kick it to Edward ASAP and listen to what he has to say.

Great environment
    Amazing co workers
    Daily cash grabs

Cons

You will work your butt off: you get what you put in
    If you don’t want to sit at your desk tied to a phone and taking to people all day this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep Edward
    Change our two breaks from 10 to 15 bc it’s not long enough

2. "Hard work"

I have been working at Bench Craft Company full-time

Pros

Potential for a lot of money.

Cons

Have to make a lot of calls.

3. "Dont Do It"

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time

Pros

Only pro is the salary .

Cons

Literally sit at a desk from 7:30am to 5:00pm calling every single number in reference usa, yelp, google, etc. They opened a new office in Pittsburgh, literally 6 people quit within the first three weeks. How do they expect to fill an office if they have people walking out left & right? Literally, would call businesses and would listen to how badly the company has treated them in the past. Its not the sales people, its how they go about the sales process. Harassing clients and begging for their credit cards is unreal. The turnover is insane. Selling is not for everyone but maybe you all should invest in better ways to go about business.

4. "Sales Associate"

I have been working at Bench Craft Company full-time

Pros

Good way to make money

Cons

Long, boring hours. Cold calling constantly. You're supposed to make 200 calls a day minimum and make the company $12500 a month or you're fired

Advice to Management

Don't fire so quickly. My first week, almost 6 people were fired including someone who had been working there for 2 years

"Bad Very Bad"

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing was the hour lunch. Besides that nothing

Cons

Stressful and more stressful. If you don't sale for 2 days straight you more than likely will be fired. There is absolutely not job security

Advice to Management

Stop calling every 10 mins from corporate to harass sales people

"Joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Daily Cash Spiffs were rewarding

Cons

Everything else was a con

Advice to Management

Work on keeping your good employees around

"Stay Away"

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time

Pros

Normal work hours most of the time. You have weekends off.

Cons

This was seriously the worst job I have ever had. If you enjoy absolutely no training on the product you are selling, cold calling businesses all day and trying to get them to buy an advertisement on a golf course, and always being worried about if you are going to be fired then this could be the job for you. Not only are you trying to make sales off of cold calls, you have to do it with everyone around you yelling out curse words. I had multiple businesses hear people cussing in the background and ruin any chance of a sale. They also don’t care at all if you are sick. If you get sick and miss work they will fire you and say you didn’t meet sales goals. In the time I was there I watched multiple new hires come in and between those new groups and my group there was only 3 people out of maybe 20 people that excepted the job. There are too many jobs out there to work for this terrible company. There is a reason the reviews are so bad for them. I just wish I took the time to look at them before I wasted my time. Don’t take this job unless you are absolutely desperate and continue looking for new employment.

"It's not for everyone!"

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people in my office were great! They were all very supportive and helpful. They pushed me to be better and gave me some advice on how to make my calls even better. My supervisor Julie is an incrediable woman! She is the heart of that office, and she works so hard. I hope they know how amazing she really is and how much she truly does do. I can't thank her enough for all of the pep talks and the help. As for people complaing about training... I mean, it's pretty self explanatory. You get on the phones, call people, and pitch the sale. Doesn't get any more clearer than that. It's just not for everyone, and I personally struggled here.

Cons

I had a really hard time at this company, it's not for everyone. Not everyone can sell! That doesn't make the company bad. I did feel like the sales pitch it's self was way too long. Although the people in my office were nice, I just didn't feel like they really took things too seriously, which is why it was easy for me to not really give it my all at the beginning. I began to hate it, it was frustrating, and I was always worried about getting a call from corporate telling me to leave. I need a job more stable than that. I don't want to have to stress about paying bills beause I may of had a bad week or so and now i'm worried about getting fired. This was just not the place for me. I tried to tell them that I just wasn't into it, but I was talked into staying. Being the person I am, I am not a quitter so I really did want to be successful here, it was just too frustrating, the pressure got the best of me, so I left. I don't agree with the pitch, I don't agree at the fact that some people pitch deals way to high for their own personal gain and the ad itself isn't worth the amount sold for. I am an honest person, and I feel like there are a lot of dishonest things happening here.

Advice to Management

I know that they give chances because they took one on me. Even when I wasn't selling enough, they still kept me and tried to help me. I guess my advice would be to loosen up the pressure a little, and maybe try to revise the pitch to something a little less. No one wants to hear us ramble on about things that they really don't care about, and things that don't pertain to their businesses discription. Also, quit letting people get away with whatever they want. I mean, doesn't being honest mean something? Just because said person is making the company money doesn't mean they're doing a great job! They're ripping these people off and you know it. Don't turn a blind eye, keep the rates low where they should be and don't try to get them to double the amount. That's where the bad reviews are coming from. They feel scammed, and I can't blame them. There is definitely a lot to be worked on with this company, but regardless, I wish them all the best of luck, and I stil thank you for the opportunity!
    Also, one more thing; I had the hardest time cashing their checks. No one would do it.... and I thought that was a little odd as well. I don't like the fact that they don't offer direct diposit. Also weird. :) Just thought I'd throw that out there!

"Absolute terrible place to work"

Pros

Non, non, non, non, non

Cons

Everything, even the building smelled bad

"What a Joke"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promise you a salary of 2700 per month

Cons

Training? What training? This is the most destructive company I have ever worked with. The "manager/trainer" is completely uneducated. (Minneapolis location) The manager told me to be there at 0740, I show up at said time, the manager shows up at 0800, I was told to be there early because "hungry workers get there early". Companies that push trainees out within a week is not utilizing any intelligence on their part. If you recently got hired there and/or are thinking of applying to this company, I would highly encourage you to think again. This company is a scam and after reading numerous reviews on numerous sites I believe this to be true.

Advice to Management

You need to take the whole person concept approach and rethink your strategy on even being a company. Make sure that you're hiring officials have a human resources degree and also that your managers are trained to be trainers