Bench Craft Company Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Bench Craft Company President & Owner Charley Cobb
Charley Cobb

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The base salary is awesome with lots of cash bonuses and also commission (in 6 reviews)

• Great people, fun place to work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They will feed you so many lies and the next day let you go (in 7 reviews)

• Lying, manipulative, high pressure sales tactics (in 4 reviews)

1. "I read 50+ Posts Winners take away all excuses/Losers find any excuse"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-This company helps small businesses grow by placing them in front of their target audience for next to nothing (I am a small business owner) anyone that receives a call for this offer should be grateful.
    -Training and standards: CSM of our NCO class said "Garbage in garbage out what you put in is what you get out of it!!" If you are a passive learner you fail while active succeed I approve of the "trail by fire" of training, sitting in the ivory tower of theory accomplishes nothing while action accomplishes all.
    -Team oriented: If you are a team player you would understand success and failure is dependent on all team members striving for excellence naturally the cream rises to the top, I am grateful those who don't strive for excellence leave it keeps the environment vibrate..ahhh the smell of excellence!
    -Actively engaged: When you are actively engaged in each conversation you will do all you can to add value to potential clients and learn from previous phone calls fail, fail, fail <<<stepping stone of success. Fail>reflect>learn> succeed.
    -Luck: When preparedness and opportunity meet.
    -Drive: The will to win, strive, learn and succeed this company is exceptional if you have the drive.
    -Positive attitude: Simply put, if your attitude stinks so do you thoughts, words and actions, positive attitude accomplish the mission, negative attitudes quit.
    -Pay: E>P>I>C wish I found this place 13 years ago.

Cons

No cat in the office to pet while making phone calls, my chair doesn't massage me, my coffee gets cold when its on my desk (I know weird) and we don't get to pet a pony during lunch. There are no cons.

Advice to Management

Exceptional training Pat and Matty are always there to help and answer all questions, environment provided is appreciated, you all are always on top of it frankly keep it up!

2. "Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office is easy to get to, free parking, regular schedule, nice co workers

Cons

High pressure sales, cold calling

3. "Don’t waste your time"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The other employees in the office were nice. The office was also not aesthetically the worst office I’ve been in.

Cons

No training. Managers are very/overly critical if you don’t close sales. Seriously do NOT waste your time here. Unless you are closing 10 sales a week they will constantly threaten to fire you. Job security is a complete joke to this company.

Advice to Management

Train your employees and give them a chance!

4. "What a Joke!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beers on Friday afternoon.

Cons

What a joke this company is. Your training is 20 min in a conference room and then your put on a phone to start calling. You have mgmt yelling curse words while everyone is on the phone. Your job starting out is to get the customer interested and then pass it off to a veteran salesman but you take the heat if they can’t close it. Over sold golf courses, no one gets exclusive rights at any course as you’re told. They will make up crap to get on the card and of a customer wants to verify with the course, they’ll have one of the other reps and or Mgr call on behalf of the course. I called a local course and 5 customers told me they already purchased this months ago and are still not on the scorecards but their Credit Card was charged. Handed the info off to the Mgr, he just tossed it in the trash.
    I read all the reviews after I started here and they’re all true! Beware working here and Advertising with them. Scam artist!!

Advice to Management

Train someone! The turn over is insane!

"Inside Sales"

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time

Pros

Money can be good for a very small few

Cons

They pick favorites and fire you before you have a chance to make sales and no training. It is a boiler room.

Advice to Management

give better training and look at overall performance; not one week

"No guarantees"

Former Employee - Sales/Marketing in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Sales/Marketing in Arlington, TX

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My trainer was nice and made me feel comfortable with asking multiple questions.

I do not have any other pros.

Cons

Doesn’t offer real training.

If you don’t meet standard in your first week, with their lack of a real training structure or guidance, they will blind side and get rid of you.

Advice to Management

Offer an actual training class and be 100% honest about what will and won’t happen in the first week of “training” if the goal isn’t hit. Be supportive of newbies instead of throwing them away left and right.

"Typical sink or swim sales job with minor perks"

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment, music playing, plenty of personal space, not constantly watching the clock or being watched, open office with huge windows

Cons

You’re essentially taking money from little businesses if you’re good at your job, the benefits don’t kick in until they know you can sell, basically if you can’t sell you get base pay and will last a week on average

Advice to Management

Give more thorough training, tell your current salesmen to help the new ones, it actually helps business! (No way)

"Turn and Burn"

Former Employee - Sales in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales in Portland, OR

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is great if you are liked and can sell off recycled leads.

Cons

Not much training at all. If the owner or managers don’t like the way you look or sell you’re done. Company would be a great place for a reality show called “Boiler Room” Job posting says 8-5. That’s a lie! You’re not leaving until the whole company has hit a sales Number the owner decides daily. If you don’t hit that number plan on getting yelled at.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better, especially new ones. Hard to fit in with the favorites or lazy lifers.

"Sales"

Pros

Hour lunch but if you haven’t sold eat quick and get back on the phones. Couple of nice people work there that are great people.

Cons

Person two cubical fell out of his chair drunk and about half passed out. While you in the phone you have one jack wagon yelling profanities while your trying to talk to prospective clients. Guy shows up Friday drunk again. Great atmosphere. Sold 3 deals first week. Next course they gave me is being torn down a turned into real estate but that’s no excuse not to sell an ad. I saw 6 people come and go in a week. When they want to let you go they will call you on the phone and say see ya . If the circus isn’t In town come work here it was amusing.

Advice to Management

Lol good luck you have a side show going on in your office. Everyone is aware you have a person with a drinking problem there.. They help walk him out. But I guess it all about selling an ad isn’t it.

"Better to be lucky than good or hard-working here"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The fact there is a salary is good for peace of mind. There are raises to be had if you are fortunate enough to luck into enough deals. What you're selling generally are good deals. You get your own desk and computer to work from.

Cons

Extremely high pressure to make a sale with very little training. Constant yelling and cussing from the manager. Employees who have been there talk behind your back when they think you aren't there or able to hear. Manager will give you a hard time for taking breaks you are entitled to.

Advice to Management

Stop periodically yelling and cursing at everyone. It doesn't help anything, and sometimes the potential customers on the phone can hear you shouting curse words and it makes them laugh and hang up. Don't give employees a 'whip crack' when they are on their personal breaks, they are entitled to those breaks. Spend some time actually training people during work hours instead of asking new hires to come in before their shift just to train.