Benchmark Biolabs Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Research Scientist"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orono, ME
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orono, ME

I worked at Benchmark Biolabs as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The project forced myself to learn to work independently and make my own research decisions. This forced me to take full responsibility for my work and avoid any possible mistakes.

Cons

There was minimal input from the company. Resources were also scare making it difficult to conduct the research to the fullest.

Advice to Management

Provide more strategic guidance to interns when temporarily employing them for independent research. When there is not guidance, it causes scientists to become unfocused on the research goal.

2. "Manager and the VP are easy to communicate with."

Current Employee - Scientist in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Scientist in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Very good interpersonal relationship. They manager and the VP respect me and appreciate my work. I like that I can be independently in charge of multiple projects.

Cons

The payment the company offered is not competitive. The company does not pay the benefits (401k) for the employee in the first year of their employment.

3. "This is a "stepping stone" company and not a good place to advance your career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Pros

The people here are generally easy to get along with and they understand you have a life outside of work so there are generally no problems in requesting time off work.

Cons

They rarely ever look internally for job promotions and the pay is not good. I have more knowledge and experience in some laboratory techniques than people who have been there for years have, but they would rather waste time and money in hiring someone new for open positions than considering promoting someone else to that position so I could take their position.

Advice to Management

Your hiring techniques are really losing you a lot of money in lost productivity by hiring outside of the company for jobs you can promote someone else to. You may think that we are satisfied with our lousy pay but we are not.

4. "Good place learn and grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Pros

The best reason to work at Benchmark Biolabs is to gain exposure to leading biological technologies and have an opportunity to learn from the best in their business.

Cons

This is a small company and as such promotions may come slower but they will have a higher personal interest in your future.