Benco Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Charles Cohen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Family owned company, Uncapped commission" (in 6 reviews)

• "It used to be work/life balance and ability to make as much as you chose to work" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "With any sales position, be prepared for long hours, working nights and weekends" (in 3 reviews)

• "Upper management is focused on one thing and one thing only at the moment-becoming a" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A company that cares!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA

I have been working at Benco Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture and great people. When you walk in the door, you feel welcomed by everyone you meet. You can genuinely trust the people that work with you and the people that you work for. The owners of the company truly care about their employees - not only do they tell you this themselves and thank you for your hard work, but they show you too with free lunches, company events, non-profit donation matching, 401k matching, free fitness center and wellness programs, free coffee every day, and lots of other ways to show their appreciation.
    You can really make a difference through hard work and have your voice heard on any ideas - good, bad or indifferent. They are constantly looking for ways to improve and make Benco a better place to work overall.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Couldn't Be Happier!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA

I have been working at Benco Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benco truly values their employees. I have never felt more involved in the decision-making of my department or a company as I do at Benco. My manager is always seeking my and my coworkers' opinions and really involve us in everything. We are really valued as team members!

Cons

We have been extremely busy lately and could use a few more people in our department to help out. Overall, a good problem to have I guess.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!! Keep making sure that you put your employees and customers first!

3. "AMAZING Company !!!"

I have been working at Benco Dental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benco really cares about associates, professionally and personally.

Cons

None rhat come to mind.

4. "Positive, Supportive Environment"

I have been working at Benco Dental full-time

Pros

Awesome culture that is open, supportive and encourages growth. Relatable and accessible upper management.

Cons

I can’t think of any

"Benco is really bad now"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Benco Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None really any more it is that bad!

Cons

Benco used to be a good company to work for. It really went down hill when they lost ADEC. They cut commissions, cut paying you to opt out of health benefits, increased mirco managing and metrix, lost more lines and is now going to get sued by the FTC for unfair trade practices(they have been sued in Texas for this and sued for not paying service tech overtime) They really treat the employees badly now. Turnover is sky high. The positive reviews on here are from HR. Avoid!!!

Advice to Management

Clean house in upper management. Pay better commissions. Stop micromanaging. Win back lost lines. Stop being unethical!

6. "Territory Rep"

I have been working at Benco Dental full-time

Pros

Benco has a great work/life balance. You can make solid money however there is a limit. They are truely a family owned company.

Cons

Smaller company that has some disadvantages against the bigger players in the market. The other issue is the middle management. They tend to shuffle and be recycled

Advice to Management

Help advance young leaders and bring in more vendors. They also need better management when it comes to technology.

"Better than most"

Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Pittston, PA
    Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Pittston, PA

I have been working at Benco Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great healthcare, great 401K, most of the people are good to be around.

Cons

Bureaucracy of management. A lot of "look how great we are doing listening" patting themselves on the backs without ever actually doing anything or implementing logical changes. Lower end positions (anyone working on the phone) have a pay cap. After that no more raises. Even if you worked there for 20 years.

Advice to Management

Say less do more.

8. "Sales"

I have been working at Benco Dental full-time

Pros

Great place to work, good support and room to grow.

Cons

Poor dental insurance considering our field

9. "Work"

I have been working at Benco Dental full-time

Pros

Advancement if you're noticed here.

Cons

The company is changing fast.

Benco Dental Response

Feb 5, 2018 – Talent Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We make it a priority to ensure all associates have a positive experience of employment here and take a lot of pride in giving individuals as many tools and resources to... More

"Company Just Not The Same"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Benco Dental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My regional co-workers and manager. I consider them close friends and mentors. Not many other “pros” I can think of at this time.

Cons

This company is really lost. Upper management is focused on one thing and one thing only at the moment-becoming a $1B company. Yet, they keep implementing rules and changes such as logging call notes and other administrative types of work that take away face to face time with customers and actually SELLING something.
    We’ve recently been told our branch sales meetings will now be a day and a half long starting in 2018. I do not know the reason for this and cannot see how taking the entire sales force out of their territories even more can be productive , or benefit their goal of being a $1B company. Our customers want to see us. I imagine this new itinerary will cause considerable problems for single parents, reps who care for elderly parents, and others with similar family and personal responsibilities. I cannot believe upper management got together and decided this is a good idea. This shows just how out of touch they are. I’ve had a long and fulfilling career, and for the first time I find myself asking if I’m now working for the right company. I know other reps are feeling the same. Morale is low.

Advice to Management

I won’t waste my time offering advice. They simply will not listen. I would rather squander away time and huge amounts of money on failing programs and concepts then to admit they are wrong.