Bend Memorial Clinic Reviews | Glassdoor

Bend Memorial Clinic Reviews

Found 16 reviews

3.3
Greg Hagfors
  1. "Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at Bend Memorial Clinic full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

BMC has amazing, dedicated caregivers who are patient focused. The leadership team has changed for the better in the last year. Great problem solving structure and management system. The leaders round in the departments daily and are easy to talk to.

Cons

Like every healthcare organization in America, BMC is working g hard to keep up with the rapid changes in healthcare. The Epic implementation was hard, but necessary.

Advice to Management

Better benefits!

2. "Horrible manager"

I worked at Bend Memorial Clinic part-time

Pros

Good pay Good benefits Thorough training sessions off site.

Cons

Horrible manager who degrades and insults new employees.

Advice to Management

Don't insult and degrade employees.

3. "Great clinic to work at"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Bend, OR

I worked at Bend Memorial Clinic full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

The majority of the staff there are great. Good benefits. Good training. Good team environment. Good accrual of sick and vacation time.

Cons

For a while the upper management was poor but in the last year that has changed and is getting better. They are trying to be more transparent which is nice.

Advice to Management

If an employee is not doing their job well you need to let them go after a while and not lose the good people because you won't fire the bad people.

4. "Clinic that Cares"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

I worked at Bend Memorial Clinic full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great employees, management that cares

Cons

Like many companies - can have growing pains.

"Years waisted"

Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Bend, OR

I worked at Bend Memorial Clinic full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

I loved going to work to basically see co workers. I really have nothing else good to say about working at BMC

Cons

When I first started working at BMC almost 10 years ago it was a great company to work for. However every time the CEO changed so did the ideas and priorities. Change isn't bad most of the time it's good but changing in the middle of a task only sets departments back more and the patients notice.

Advice to Management

Buying the new EMR system was a bad idea when you couldn't pay for it. The only people that are really suffering are the people you expect to put on a smile everyday and represent your "brand." Not having a review and/or pay increase for two years put a bad taste in your mouth. Not all but most of the employees at BMC feel under appreciated. Not getting a holiday bonus on top of that was a bad move. Also the insurance...

6. "Dispensing Optician"

Current Employee - Optician in Bend, OR

I have been working at Bend Memorial Clinic full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great place to work, medical insurance, dental insurance, 401K, paid time off and holidays, weekends off, work week Monday through Friday. Competitive salary.

Cons

Large facility, lots of drama.

7. "Medical Administration"

Former Employee - OR - Oregon in Bend, OR

I worked at Bend Memorial Clinic full-time

Pros

Because the benefits are descent and its an opportunity to make life long friends.

Cons

If you do not perform as good as you can, you should not expect to keep working for them. Also, their is micro-management in every department. The last 6 months I was employed, my department was treated like we were unproductive, and if we talked, we were told to focus and not talk at all. If you are fired from there for whatever reason, they will throw you away like a piece of trash, then deny you unemployment.

Advice to Management

If I could have a conversation with management, I would advise to really take a good look at who you hire. Do try to really make sure they fit in. Managers who become employed, ruin lives of dedicated employees, then leave, should not get hired twice.

"Could be so much better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

I have been working at Bend Memorial Clinic full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The clinical staff is amazing and they provide awesome care to the patients.

Cons

Administration is disjointed and does not communicate. The left hand does not only know what the right hand is doing but doesn't even know that there is a right hand.

Advice to Management

Come down from the ivory tower. Get better health insurance.

"Tough place to earn a living."

I worked at Bend Memorial Clinic for more than 2 years

Pros

It's a big company in the local community. They, ever-so-rarely, through you a bone. Benefits are there, but are second-rate. For a health care company, they sure do charge a freakin' lot for family coverage. They abhor overtime.

Cons

BMC is not shy about being a "FOR-profit" business. The ones profiting are the provider/shareholders. Providers (especially MDs) are like gods here. Nothing they say is beyond repute and any disagreement with one will result in your loss. Managers have basically adopted the "just deal with it" attitude. I would hate to be a low-level supervisor here.

Advice to Management

I have none. You have clearly learned how to keep your jobs and maintain the lifestyle you have become accustomed to. Keep it up.

"Technology: good, big picture: bad."

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Bend, OR

I worked at Bend Memorial Clinic part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Most were enjoyable people to work with. -Good technology; up to date computers, programs and software.

Cons

-Upper management was changing, my director was removed, assisted in finding new director, only to find that a re-organization left me with no job. -No health benefits to part time employee. -I offered many years of experience but took an entry level position. When I identified areas of improvement and solid reasons behind this, it was met with a "it is not broke, don't fix it" attitude.

Advice to Management

Medical coverage for all employees.

Found 16 reviews