Bending Spoons Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Bending Spoons Reviews

Updated Nov 12, 2019

4.9
  1. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Performance Marketing in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a long list: - first and most important thing to me is the culture and environment with values I share like transparency, meritocracy, team support and opening to new ideas - people are very talented and their expertise is always inspiring - everyone is willing to help, you will never feel left behind - you are always encouraged to partecipate and contribute for any ideas - you get responsibility from the... very first day of work - I never get bored because of the fast-paced environment where priorities and tasks change every day - we have the flexibility to work from remote whenever we have to - we speak English every day with our expat colleagues - there is a team which work full time to make the work environment as much comfortable, friendly and productive as possible - benefits like kitchen full of food, catering every day at lunch, retreats in exotic places around the world are the cherry on top

Cons

Challenges are our daily bread with a lot of responsibility, but I guess you can't really consider it as a cons if you want to grow professionally. I think the only problem here is that you will never want to leave this place, because you won't find any better.

Bending Spoons2019-07-09

"Great people and great challenges"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- A team of exceptional people both from the human and technical point of view. - Great challenges - Responsibility and full trust from day 0

Cons

Not any, really. But since I have to put more than five words I'd say that I'd rather build rockets or save the planet from fossil fuel and plastic pollution than developing apps, and this is the only thing that could make me happier here ;)

Bending Spoons2019-02-06

"Best place to work ever"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People inspire you. Everyone is amazing, and the founders are LEADERS, not "bosses". They are the most hard working among everyone, and you can't help but feel inspired by their vision and view of the world.

Cons

It does get a bit overwhelming. Working side by side with such amazing people is great, but it does put a pressure on you. You do feel like you make the difference in the products, but you also have a lot of responsibility which kinda puts you under pressure at times, but that's just fair.

4. "Best Place to work"

Current Employee - IOS Engineer in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work space Bright people to work with Tasks always challenging and interesting Personal Growth is fostered by the company Very good Salary and Benefits

Cons

There aren't really bad things to work here. We are cuddled and nurtured, with actual possibility to grow and develop friends while working.

Bending Spoons2019-02-06
  5. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment where you can grow a lot, compensation above the market average, yearly retreats and monthly team activities.

Cons

No real cons besides it's a demanding place to work.

Bending Spoons2019-02-06
  6. "Best company in Italy, by far"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people, you can learn a lot everyday - Competitive salary and generous stock-options plan - Responsibility from the get go and full transparency - Cool office

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Bending Spoons2019-02-06

"have no words to describe how wonderful the company is"

Current Employee - Too Good to BE Real

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time

Pros

the management is awesome; we are all striving to do our best, so you really feel your job has a sense; we're doing great from Italy, not easy but so rewarding; international team; smart colleagues. Really, smart colleagues! remote working whenever you want.

Cons

not sure it's a cons, but it's a very demanding place, you have to give 100% and it's not a job like another. There are high expectations on you.

Bending Spoons2018-12-29

"Out-of-the-ordinary place"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time

Pros

- Quality of the work that gets done every day and of the people that surround you - Incredible culture, team spirit, kind people that care - Benefits of all types, including a wonderful office, extraordinary facilities, and exotic retreats

Cons

Such a place demands that you give 110% at all times (not in terms of hours, but rather effort and commitment). No slowing down, ever, but it's also part of what makes it great

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and culture, even as we grow to an ever larger number of people

Bending Spoons2018-12-13

"Most amazing company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Marketing in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

-ownership, responsibility and trust from day 1 . -flexibility, not just in work/life balance but also as work exploration. Any idea is considered, discussed and can be taken into your own hands. -Tribe, everyone here works hard but also supports one another, retreats and team-building activities are just superb.

Cons

-Honestly, there are no cons I can think of. This place will ask a lot from you in terms of time, effort, responsibility etc (as any successful place will), but it will also give back A LOT MORE than you can imagine.

Advice to Management

-Keep it up like this, especially as we move towards a more bigger company and future. P.S. don't let those bad reviews (ie "Glassdoor comments are fake") get you down, there will always be #haters - I guess it is just too good to believe it's really true.

Bending Spoons2018-11-06

"Thriving in excellence"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time

Pros

Great place to work on new and challenging problems. Great team of smart and nice people. Great objectives and vision. Great company colture and partnership policy.

Cons

None, in my humble opinion.

Bending Spoons2018-04-14