Bending Spoons Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2019

4.9

"Best job ever!"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very nice and smart colleagues - You can freely express any opinion on any matter - No finger pointing when something goes wrong, just a lot of hard work to get things fixed - Yearly retreat to incredible places - Free Food! - Super cool office in a super cool area of the city - Very cute office dog - Board Games, Karaoke Nights and Yoga classes happening at the office - No dress code or any rule about... clothing - Latest devices and headphones are given to all employees - Meritocracy for real

Cons

Your friends will hate you when you talk about how cool is your job

Bending Spoons2018-01-18

"I was looking for a job and then I found a family"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Everyone's opinion matters. You give and receive constant feedbacks and you're always encouraged to share your ideas and concerns. - Lots of benefits: jaw-dropping office, fridge always full of healthy food, and paid retreats around the globe! - Data-driven environment. - Young, ambitious and extremely talented colleagues you'd immediately want to grab a beer with. - Flexibility and transparency... are not just empty words you can find in a brochure.

Cons

I found myself usually working more than the average 40 hours/week even if I was never asked to. Well, it never bothered me - guess that's what happens when you love your job! But I suppose someone could count this as a con.

Bending Spoons2018-01-17

"I am a Spooner, and I love it!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

- flat organization: no bosses or bureaucracy of any kind, everybody is focused in building great products; - full transparency: you are involved in any company decision and/or issues; - full ownership: anyone can propose new products and/or features; - training: spooners would love to share their knowledge with you; - nice people: we really enjoy spending time together inside and outside of the office;

Cons

I often find myself working more than 8 hours per day, even if I am not asked to do so... when you are happy with your job, you don't actually check the time!

Bending Spoons2018-01-20

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Mobile Marketing Specialist in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great working environment/culture - Space for professional growth - Freedom to take independent decisions - Opportunity to work on areas of interest - Constant actionable feedback on performance - Feels like a family - Meritocracy - Office environment and location

Cons

- Work/Life balance hard to obtain, but not impossible

Bending Spoons2018-01-16

"It doesn't feel like a job"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours, No managers, Office dog, and Free WiFi at the office!

Cons

I will never find a better job, so I am stuck here forever.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work you're doing!

Bending Spoons2018-01-12

"Dream Company to work for"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Meritocracy 100% - Amazing environment (like working with family-friends) - Great opportunities to succeed and grow professionally - Innovative leading company that you feel super proud to work for - Doesn't treat people well but pampers them and at the same time pushes you to be better and learn. Play hard and party hard. - Mind blowing benefits like working from a beautiful place around the world for a... month once a year - Healthy food offered to all people working there - Open and honest enterprise in anyway to all Spooners so everyone knows and feels always part of it - Continuously growing business that gives you the sense everything is possible and sky is the limit - Lovely people that truly care about each other

Cons

It's tiring since everyone gives 110% and works really hard but it's very satisfying and totally worth it

Advice to Management

Extend your model to ALL enterprises in the world <3

Bending Spoons2018-01-14

"Feeling part of something important"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with a group of very engaged people, total ownership of your projects, free lunch, company retreat,...

Cons

Sometimes the constant flow of new ideas and projects can be confusing

Advice to Management

Keep on this way!

Bending Spoons2018-01-12

"Fast growing Startup"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined Bending Spoons quiet some time ago and the most positive things are: - exciting and challenging - really transparent environment - everyone can make a difference, from the day 1 In general if you search for a journey outside your confort zone, with amazing people, this is the place. Despite the hard work, everyone is always willing to help you and sustain you.

Cons

I guess workload is probably higher that the average of Italian companies. That being said, it probably normal if you look at the objectives that Bending Spoons has. Work hours are probably in line with most of the other fast growing and ambitious startups

Bending Spoons2016-10-31

"Great job, better tribe"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

The biggest pro is the people you get to work with. They're young and talented, and nice to a fault. The job itself is varied and challenging, with the possibility of acquiring increasing responsibilities if you wish so and work for it. Great paycheck, excellent perks, wonderful environment.

Cons

I'm too enamored with the place to find downsides, but there are a couple things that could be done better: Crunch times are hell and happen a bit too often, giving a feeling of always-rushing that's not pleasant. I'm confident that, as we grow, we will learn how to better manage emergencies and regular work alike.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent job, and continue setting the good example and best practices.

Bending Spoons2016-10-31

"Great, growing tech company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

People at Bending Spoons are amazing: they're nice, welcoming, smart, talented and hard working. Bending Spoons has a particularly ambitious vision: becoming one of the greatest tech companies in the World. I truly believe we have a shot at making it. There are always new big challenges we need to face and overcome, it's not boring for sure :) One thing I appreciate a lot is the transparency in almost every... aspect of life at Bending Spoons: from day one you are given access to all the info, decisions, policies of the company, and you're encouraged to challenge them, make proposals on how to improve them, or simply ask for more details about them. When it comes to taking decisions, many times everyone is asked their opinion on the matter. Another nice thing is the ability to work remotely, when need be.

Cons

Most people here work more than the default 40 hours per week, although we're not required to. Maybe it's just that we care about what we're trying to achieve together, and we want it as fast as we can.

Found 33 reviews