Bending Spoons Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2019

4.8

"I love this place"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every day I come to work, I think WOW, do I really work for such an amazing company? Does such an incredible place really exist?! If they fire me, I'm going to kill myself. I'll never find a better job.

Cons

Too much free food. Too many smart colleagues. Seriously, no cons.

Bending Spoons2019-08-27

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time

Pros

- Fast paced - Every year retreat around the world - People really prepared

Cons

- Difficult to propose new ideas, they are open, but there is no culture about creating new project or doing hackatons - Too much feature driven, maintenance always less important

Bending Spoons2019-09-03

"A workplace that truly invested in its employees"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Some of the greatest minds I could ever dream of working with - Chance to work on top-tier software products and challenges in a B2C environment - True and uncompromising attention to the wellness and satisfaction of the employees - Great salary and benefits, with a real and meritocratic growth possibility - Amazing work culture - Stunning office in Milan, Italy

Cons

- The only con I can thing of is that, in the (very unlikely) event that I was to move to another job, I'm afraid that the standard that Bending Spoons has set for what a company should be would be too high to make anything else satisfactory.

Bending Spoons2019-07-22
  4. "Impossible to understand unless you're part of it"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the greatest place to work. You have the possibility to: - Work with highly talented people that at the same time are very kind and try to support you whenever you need some help (both on the workplace and in private life) - Have full transparency and top of the market salaries, benefits - Participate to yearly retreats all around the world (TWO retreats in 2019) and monthly team bonding activities - Work on widespread products, you feel you can make a difference since your day one on something impacting millions of people around the world - The founders are the hardest workers in the company, they are not "bosses" but "leaders" - Values and culture of the company are incredible - Be part of a tribe, most of your colleagues soon become friends

Cons

There are no cons, actually. The only one is that you have lots and lots of work to do, but this is not properly a con, is something you WANT to do in this amazing workplace.

Bending Spoons2019-07-09

"Best place to work ever"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People inspire you. Everyone is amazing, and the founders are LEADERS, not "bosses". They are the most hard working among everyone, and you can't help but feel inspired by their vision and view of the world.

Cons

It does get a bit overwhelming. Working side by side with such amazing people is great, but it does put a pressure on you. You do feel like you make the difference in the products, but you also have a lot of responsibility which kinda puts you under pressure at times, but that's just fair.

Bending Spoons2019-02-06
  6. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead in Milan

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment where you can grow a lot, compensation above the market average, yearly retreats and monthly team activities.

Cons

No real cons besides it's a demanding place to work.

Bending Spoons2019-02-06
  7. "Best company in Italy, by far"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people, you can learn a lot everyday - Competitive salary and generous stock-options plan - Responsibility from the get go and full transparency - Cool office

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment

Bending Spoons2019-02-06

"I am a Spooner, and I love it!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

- flat organization: no bosses or bureaucracy of any kind, everybody is focused in building great products; - full transparency: you are involved in any company decision and/or issues; - full ownership: anyone can propose new products and/or features; - training: spooners would love to share their knowledge with you; - nice people: we really enjoy spending time together inside and outside of the office;

Cons

I often find myself working more than 8 hours per day, even if I am not asked to do so... when you are happy with your job, you don't actually check the time!

Bending Spoons2018-01-20

"Fast growing Startup"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined Bending Spoons quiet some time ago and the most positive things are: - exciting and challenging - really transparent environment - everyone can make a difference, from the day 1 In general if you search for a journey outside your confort zone, with amazing people, this is the place. Despite the hard work, everyone is always willing to help you and sustain you.

Cons

I guess workload is probably higher that the average of Italian companies. That being said, it probably normal if you look at the objectives that Bending Spoons has. Work hours are probably in line with most of the other fast growing and ambitious startups

Bending Spoons2016-10-31

"Great, growing tech company"

I have been working at Bending Spoons full-time for less than a year

Pros

People at Bending Spoons are amazing: they're nice, welcoming, smart, talented and hard working. Bending Spoons has a particularly ambitious vision: becoming one of the greatest tech companies in the World. I truly believe we have a shot at making it. There are always new big challenges we need to face and overcome, it's not boring for sure :) One thing I appreciate a lot is the transparency in almost every aspect of life at Bending Spoons: from day one you are given access to all the info, decisions, policies of the company, and you're encouraged to challenge them, make proposals on how to improve them, or simply ask for more details about them. When it comes to taking decisions, many times everyone is asked their opinion on the matter. Another nice thing is the ability to work remotely, when need be.

Cons

Most people here work more than the default 40 hours per week, although we're not required to. Maybe it's just that we care about what we're trying to achieve together, and we want it as fast as we can.

Bending Spoons2016-10-31