What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management and degrading remarks on daily basis." (in 86 reviews)
- "Area Managers who are fake and not genuine" (in 42 reviews)
- "There is no “work life balance” even though they constantly tell you that they care." (in 29 reviews)
- "long hours and stressful." (in 24 reviews)
- "low salary not very sustainable" (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Benefit Cosmetics and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,080 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 20, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 14, 2023Arch ExpertCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearIllinois City, IL
Good full time benefits right as you start out
The sales and services goals of how much your should make are high right off the bat
- 3.0Aug 11, 2023Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Diego, CA
Fun swag and work trips
Constantly waiting on accurate sales results, ever changing focuses with leadership changes and no announcements. No time to actually do store visits due to changing priorities from leadership
- 3.0Aug 10, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
I’ve worked with incredible people at Benefit, which is ultimately what kept me from leaving for a while.
Leadership is ruthless. You’re always walking on thin ice and always on edge that when you make a mistake, you’ll be let go. Not many growth opportunities. My experience was that I was overworked and gaslighted into thinking I wasn’t doing enough when in fact, I went above and beyond.2
- 5.0Aug 21, 2023General ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Community, DNA, Development, Career, empowerment
Politics, Advancement, Turnover, Communications, Others.
- 1.0Jun 15, 2023Lead Sales EstheticianFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
vacation and sick time paid holidays gratis
toxic work environment fueled by gossip and management won’t have your back but the interest of their partners like Macys not flexible work schedule micromanagement and does not trust employees spreads rumors and will completely abandon you if they feel you aren’t the right fit they will find a reason to fire you watch out1
- 2.0Jul 13, 2023AestheticianCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsMill Valley, CA
Good tips and great returning customers
Bad scheduling. Hard to have a balanced work life and social life
- 4.0Jul 5, 2023Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
fun workplace environment, lots of product perks
Limited upward mobility, LVMH owned so lot of red tape & bureaucracy, not great pay to industry standards
Benefit Cosmetics Reviews FAQs
Benefit Cosmetics has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,249 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Benefit Cosmetics to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
65% of Benefit Cosmetics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Benefit Cosmetics 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.