BenefitMall Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Scott Kirksey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Decent salary but only to make up for terrible working environment (in 8 reviews)

• There is a pretty good work/life balance as well considering it's IT (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Knowing that upper management cares about the rolls that each department plays with the day to day operations of the company (in 12 reviews)

• No work life balance or workload balance (in 6 reviews)

1. "Benefits customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive vibe, very professional and willing to help in any way by answering questions to make my day better every day.

Cons

Nothing so far with the company-only their location and length of time to get there.

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time

May 2, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to confirm we have a culture of collaboration and support. Please continue to provide feedback during your career journey at BenefitMall.

"Worked at Benefitmall for over 10 years"

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, flexible hours, people are awesome.

Cons

Benefits, Insurance is horrible, paid time off is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Stop giving cups and shirts and invest in your people and systems.

"You'll need a therapist after working here"

Former Employee - Regional Account Coordinator/Support in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Regional Account Coordinator/Support in Franklin, TN

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were like 3 nice people there...

Cons

During my few years with this company, I met some of the rudest, most cold-hearted people that I have ever come across in my life. I was a very hard working employee who held three different positions within this company. I learned that the harder you work, the more management will abuse you as an employee.

Management will give the hardest workers a higher work load, while letting the weaker links on the team float along with little to no work at all. How is it okay to stress out someone who tries to do a good job, and "reward" the ones who don't even try.

Employees would sleep at their desks, take prescription pain pills in the office that would make them incoherent, and then they would go on to handle thousands and thousands of dollars worth of payroll for large companies across the US. Why would HR not step in and do something about this? No wonder clients call in so often about issues with their payroll.

Management also thought it was okay to threathen your job if you were not able to work overtime, even though there was NO mandatory overtime mentioned. The managers even went so far as to yell at employees in front of the entire office, even when those particular employees were not being rude or disrespectful in any way to their manager and did not deserve that treatment.

Also, managers would be put into a leadership role without knowing all of the payroll platforms that they were managing. How can they be in charge of a team full of people and have NO IDEA what their team is supposed to be doing? I myself, and other team members as well, had to train our own manager on how to work the systems.

This place drove me, and many others, to take anxiety meds and anti-depressants. The amount of breakdowns these employees had at work is unbelievable, but not as unbelievable as HR not doing anything to better the environment.

Advice to Management

Get managers that actually know how to manage a team. Try to intimidate your workers a little less and care a little more about their mental state. Have Human Resources respond to emails in a timely manner when serious issues are sent to them, rather than taking a week or more to even respond.

4. "Exciting Future"

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big Company moves with change like a Small company is refreshing coming. Approvals for items are almost the small hour they are requested. Constant investment in to process, people, and product. Great Compensation Plan that rewards performance, simple to understand, and a stable distribution channel. Best I've seen in the Payroll industry. Big Sales Territories with training tools available internally and via manager.

Cons

Not as big as ADP or Paychex, so name recognition is not as strong.

Advice to Management

Continue to be aggressive towards growth of the Payroll Division.

Mar 27, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to confirm we are heading in the right direction. Please continue to provide feedback during your career journey at BenefitMall.

"Growing weary of this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, occassional company wide conference calls

Cons

I have been with this company for awhile now and I am growing weary because the boss allows certain individuals to get away with not pulling their weight, and being disrespectful not only to her but to the team. My manager also tends to speak negatively about other members of managment, which lowers the morale of the department. I'm tired of the unfairness in my department and considering leaving the company. Enter at your own risk.

Advice to Management

Train your management team on how to effectively manage people and stand up to disrespectful employees instead of appeasing them and forcing others to pick up their slack.

Apr 16, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and value your tenure with BenefitMall. We encourage our management team to always curate an environment of inclusivity. Our core values include Respect as... More

6. "District Sales Manager"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Miramar, FL

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment. Amazing organization! Tremendous earning potential!

Cons

You need to think outside the box to succeed here. No cons!

Advice to Management

Continue to hire Entrepreneurs that are willing to help position BenefitMall, Inc. as a leading payroll provider in the SMB market-space

Apr 16, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. The BenefitMall Recruitment team prides themselves on hiring the very best candidate for every job they’re looking to fill. We are always looking for entrepreneurs to help... More

"Sales Director"

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has made huge strides in our service model and we work very hard to provide the best working environment possible. As a long time employees I have seen us come full circle & am very proud of what we have accomplished over the last 10+ years. Scott Kirksy is a great leader who knows this company and what is going on in every aspect. I expect we will grow & flourish under his leadership.

Cons

Sr. Leaders are overwhelmed and sometimes decisions are slow coming. We have been running on a very lean staff to prepare for merger and we are looking forward to GROWTH!

Apr 16, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your dedication to BenefitMall over the years. Our leadership team, past and present, has put in the time and the effort to become one of the leading full service benefit companies in... More

"Broker Sales Rep"

I worked at BenefitMall full-time

Pros

It was a great company but when the bankrupt payroll company was bought, it all changed.

Cons

Favoritism. Just because you share a common lifestyle does not make a good employee.

Advice to Management

Drain the swamp. Take care of veteran employees that help build this company. Fire the lazy people even if they are lgbt/white/black or Hispanic. Beef up sales- downsize marketing. Don’t spend money on stupid hats.

Apr 16, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for voicing your concerns. BenefitMall takes great care to hire and retain the best quality candidates. Along with that, BenefitMall is continuing to invest in all areas of our business... More

"Great team to join for benefit & payroll sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefitmall has the benefits of a large company, with organized benefits and long term investments. However, the sales organization is structured on a local level, meaning an opportunity to participate in local decision making. Management at a local level is strong. Colleagues are a dedicated, smart team, and everyone contributes to each other's efforts.

Cons

Some disjoint between corporate and local initiatives. Benefitmall has so many "value adds" and tools, but often the delivery gets muddled.

Apr 16, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. BenefitMall is continuously looking to invest into all areas of its business. As we continue to grow we are going to continue investing in our people while... More

10. "Best company I have ever worked for...."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Franklin, TN

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hard work is rewarded and appreciated

Cons

Can we stressful at times like any other job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Apr 16, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the time you took to respond as well as your time with the company. Our long term employees are a testament to the culture of BenefitMall and we will continue to invest in our... More