BenefitMall Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Scott Kirksey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Decent salary but only to make up for terrible working environment" (in 8 reviews)

• "There is a pretty good work/life balance as well considering it's IT" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Knowing that upper management cares about the rolls that each department plays with the day to day operations of the company" (in 12 reviews)

• "No work life balance or workload balance" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Pros

The culture decent pay always something new in a good way

Cons

The commute was a little long

Aug 6, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. Our culture is something that we are working to better everyday and it's exciting to see it's paying off. We thank you for your tenure with... More

"Very hectic. Poor customer service."

Current Employee - District Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - District Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff and decent prices for service.

Cons

You get what you pay for.

Advice to Management

Give the sales reps more tools for success. Throwing them into a cold market is tough and not always the right thing to do.

Jul 17, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Welcome to the BenefitMall family. We are in the process of rolling out a newly created sales training program. Our goal is to continue to evaluate and tweak the onboarding experience to ensure new... More

3. "Established sales organization working through growing pains."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Towson, MD

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My Manager is amazing. Would never be able to find this type of relationship with a manager anywhere else.

Cons

Lack of communication between different departments primarily related to projects. Lack of initiative and taking responsibility across the board.

Advice to Management

Take some time to listen to the people directly in the field selling the products and services prior to rolling out new sales tools. Also, do better at assigning project leaders to ensure that things get completed and completed well.

Jul 17, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback. We value your suggestions and will work towards leveraging our field employees to maximize our sales tools.

4. "System Administrator"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great manager work well with team

Cons

Very bad upper management! Under staff!

Jul 17, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Pleased that you had a favorable experience with your direct manager. We will review your suggestion regarding staffing size within the upper... More

"A really bad company to work for. Do not work at BenefitMall"

Former Employee - Curriculum Designer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Curriculum Designer in Dallas, TX

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They hired me after 2 months of interviews then after 4 months of making friends and quality work was laid off...for not meeting deadlines???

Cons

They are very Top Heavy and alot of turnovers..10 in my department in 4 months. Management is a joke...a complete overhaul is needed. HR is a mess.

Advice to Management

Quit firing people that make a difference and step off your ego's. You say you take pride in saying you are a "People" Company...ehhh wrong!

Jul 23, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. BenefitMall strives to be a high performing team. We take our projects and deadlines very serious. At BenefitMall the individuals who are most... More

6. "Payroll Specialist"

Pros

This is a great place to work

Cons

They should pay more for the amount of you have to do.

Jul 17, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We will consider your suggestion about pay as we continue to grow the business.

"Worked at Benefitmall for over 10 years"

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, flexible hours, people are awesome.

Cons

Benefits, Insurance is horrible, paid time off is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Stop giving cups and shirts and invest in your people and systems.

Jul 17, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and value your tenure with BenefitMall. We recognize our employees’ contributions in a variety of ways. Some appreciate the cups and shirts as others may have... More

"You'll need a therapist after working here"

Former Employee - Regional Account Coordinator/Support in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Regional Account Coordinator/Support in Franklin, TN

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were like 3 nice people there...

Cons

During my few years with this company, I met some of the rudest, most cold-hearted people that I have ever come across in my life. I was a very hard working employee who held three different positions within this company. I learned that the harder you work, the more management will abuse you as an employee.

Management will give the hardest workers a higher work load, while letting the weaker links on the team float along with little to no work at all. How is it okay to stress out someone who tries to do a good job, and "reward" the ones who don't even try.

Employees would sleep at their desks, take prescription pain pills in the office that would make them incoherent, and then they would go on to handle thousands and thousands of dollars worth of payroll for large companies across the US. Why would HR not step in and do something about this? No wonder clients call in so often about issues with their payroll.

Management also thought it was okay to threathen your job if you were not able to work overtime, even though there was NO mandatory overtime mentioned. The managers even went so far as to yell at employees in front of the entire office, even when those particular employees were not being rude or disrespectful in any way to their manager and did not deserve that treatment.

Also, managers would be put into a leadership role without knowing all of the payroll platforms that they were managing. How can they be in charge of a team full of people and have NO IDEA what their team is supposed to be doing? I myself, and other team members as well, had to train our own manager on how to work the systems.

This place drove me, and many others, to take anxiety meds and anti-depressants. The amount of breakdowns these employees had at work is unbelievable, but not as unbelievable as HR not doing anything to better the environment.

Advice to Management

Get managers that actually know how to manage a team. Try to intimidate your workers a little less and care a little more about their mental state. Have Human Resources respond to emails in a timely manner when serious issues are sent to them, rather than taking a week or more to even respond.

Jul 17, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. Employees are encouraged to take care of their health and wellbeing which includes taking prescribed medication as indicated by their... More

9. "Benefits customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive vibe, very professional and willing to help in any way by answering questions to make my day better every day.

Cons

Nothing so far with the company-only their location and length of time to get there.

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time

May 2, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to confirm we have a culture of collaboration and support. Please continue to provide feedback during your career journey at BenefitMall.

10. "Exciting Future"

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big Company moves with change like a Small company is refreshing coming. Approvals for items are almost the small hour they are requested. Constant investment in to process, people, and product. Great Compensation Plan that rewards performance, simple to understand, and a stable distribution channel. Best I've seen in the Payroll industry. Big Sales Territories with training tools available internally and via manager.

Cons

Not as big as ADP or Paychex, so name recognition is not as strong.

Advice to Management

Continue to be aggressive towards growth of the Payroll Division.

Mar 27, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to confirm we are heading in the right direction. Please continue to provide feedback during your career journey at BenefitMall.