KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BenefitMall Reviews

Updated Jan 4, 2022

Found 289 of over 295 reviews

3.7
BenefitMall CEO Scott Kirksey  (no image)
Scott Kirksey
Pros
  • "Benefitmall cares about their employees(in 18 reviews)

• "Awesome Pay, Great Work Environment(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management does not hold anyone accountable(in 16 reviews)

• "No downsides to being a part of BenefitMall(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BenefitMall and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Great teammates

Dec 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture provides for a very collaborative atmosphere between teams and lots of creative energy.

Cons

Not much to pick at from a negative perspective.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 7, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefit and opportunity for advancement Remote work opportunities.

Cons

Quoting engine has much to be desired.

BenefitMall Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we truly appreciate it. The only way we can improve is to know what we need to work on. Thank you again!

3. 4.0

Good job

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Manager wasn't a micro-manager and let us work out of the field and not just the office

Cons

Compensation could've been improved but overall wasn't horrible

BenefitMall Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we truly appreciate it!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great People. Bad Financial Spot

Oct 21, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

I spent 18 years of my career here. Some of the best years of my life. People were everything. Like a family.

Cons

Never in a good financial situation. If you think selling the payroll division solved any problems you are wrong. Benefits division will sell or go under. Employee Benefits are expensive compared to other companies. No more willing investors want to touch.

2 people found this review helpful

BenefitMall Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we truly appreciate it. If you would like to share specific ideas or feedback relating to your experience with BenefitMall and suggestions to improve, please reach out to People and Culture - we would be happy to discuss ideas with you.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good place to start your career

Nov 4, 2021 - Compliance Lead in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place with a great structure. Awesome people in the work environment.

Cons

Salaries not in line with the market and for a market leader in partnering with insurance providers in a major way. The benefits are lacking.

6. 5.0

Good Company

Oct 7, 2021 - Data Entry in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good company and nice people.

Cons

No cons for the company and people at all.

BenefitMall Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we truly appreciate it!

7. 3.0

Review

Nov 7, 2021 - Implementation Specialist in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing to review at this time

Cons

Can’t really say that I can review any cons

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Once good place to work, now deteriorating

Oct 29, 2021 - Contractor in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good immediate manager made job bearable

Cons

Senior leadership hid business objectives, made job difficult Compensation well below industry average Turnover high, sinking ship effect

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Slow slog towards the company being sold

Aug 4, 2021 - Area Market Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's been a difficult few years but I appreciate the support of the local employee's

Cons

They are owned by a private equity group. They are beholden to do what the bankers tell them to do. Long term success of the company is in jeopardy as they make changes so the PE firm can flip them. Becoming a bit of a house of cards. New brokers in the large employer space are weary of working with us...

Continue reading

Vice President, People & Culture

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Clear communication throughout the organization is something we strive for, but can always improve upon. If you have any specific feedback or suggestions of how we can improve our communication, please reach out to People & Culture and we would be happy to talk with you.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Working at BenefitMall

Jun 20, 2021 - Manager in Jersey City, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for. Good benefits; good pay; great leadership, wonderful people and working environment.

Cons

Unfortunate that the company exited the payroll business, but I think they handled the employee separation procedure very fairly.

Continue reading

Vice President, People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments - we truly appreciate it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 289 Reviews

BenefitMall Reviews FAQs

67% of BenefitMall employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BenefitMall 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at BenefitMall to be culture, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, benefits.

Popular Careers with BenefitMall Job Seekers