BenefitMall Employee Reviews about "benefit"
65% would recommend to a friend
(63 total reviews)
83% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people in the Denver office were great if you could make friends with them." (in 24 reviews)
- "Pay is good." (in 11 reviews)
- "“Benefitmall’s culture is great when it comes to honoring our vision, values, and principles." (in 8 reviews)
- "Coworkers were great and professional." (in 7 reviews)
- "Great at work/life balance." (in 6 reviews)
- "Poor management" (in 38 reviews)
- "Benefits are horrible." (in 16 reviews)
- "Upper Management is abusive with no knowledge of laws." (in 15 reviews)
- "Most of what is said verbally is wrong but it's your word against your manager's and the manager always wins." (in 14 reviews)
- "4. there's no training to update your skills, IT is fast moving so if you don't update your employee and they decide to stay in the company longer" (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BenefitMall and is not affected by filters.
Found 63 of over 330 reviews
Updated Nov 14, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Mar 18, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDallas, TX
Constant comedy. If you want to be amused at organizational mismanagement Plenty of time to work on finding another job.
1. Leadership is non existent. Sr management is more concerned with their future stock payout and making reservation at Oceanair for 'executive dinners' 2. Poor products. All of their products, ex a recently launched benefits tool, is a joke. There are so many bugs in the products. And what is being released is 2 years behind the competition. Pay and benefits - they pay well below market and their benefits, while slightly improved for 2015, are a joke. Cross functional support - basically, each group hates the other group. Go to market. Every launch is another train wreck. There was a focus for a few months last year to change how they went to market and bring in some new external people to help. The company couldn't deal with change and reverted back to their old, poor, yet comfortable ways of launching programs. Turnover. The dept I was in has had enormous turnover in the last year or so. They have no plan in place to manage turnover. Infact, managers pretty much talk with employees on how to leave and will even send you Job leads Sr mgmt changes. The CFO recently became president. Communication stopped. He won't listen to ideas. He will listen to problems but then makes it your problem. He says one thing and then communicates something completely different to other executives causing confusion and basically sets a group (or you) for failure.9
- 4.0Jul 13, 2021Customer Service Representative (CSR)Current Employee
People are cool and management is good.
Benefits are high and costly forBenefitMall Response3y
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we truly appreciate it. If you would like to share specific ideas or feedback relating to your experience with BenefitMall and suggestions to improve, please reach out to People and Culture - we would be happy to discuss ideas with you.
- 2.0May 20, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
The employees are great to work with for the most part. My team leader loves to sleep on the job making me have to work harder for both him and myself in order to keep our clients happy.
The change in benefits for 2014 was extremely disappointing especially for the country's largest GA. This is a deal breaker when referring new people to the company. We should be offered choices for plans instead of the one plan they offer which is very low in coverage. To blame all employees for the few who have chronic medical conditions and say this is the reason for the benefit change due to the claims experience is an all new low.6
- 1.0Dec 9, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsPortland, ME
Sales team try's to the best they can with the resources they have and works together as a team support staff human resources flexible schedule
Senior management really has no idea what is going on in each market and tries to run all the markets same. operations staff health benefits6
- 2.0Mar 12, 2014Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsDallas, TX
The company invests fairly heavily in technology. Developers will be given the latest and greatest tools to get the job done. They are also Microsoft Partners and encourage their IT employees to obtain and maintain Microsoft Certifications. Most folks in the IT and PMO departments are great to work with, and your salary will be competitive within the DFW marketplace.
The employee benefits package offered by the company is far below what the market will bear. The company health insurance plan is terrible. It's a high deductible plan with ridiculously high premiums and deductibles. Employee + Family coverage runs about $6500 in premiums and another $2500/$5000 in deductibles. The maximum HSA contribution the company will make is $2500 for families, but if you use tobacco at all and don't participate in a cessation program the company won't give you any HSA matching. Additionally you'll pay a penalty if you have a working spouse on their plan. Since the merger with CompuPay the company has struggled to forge an identity for itself. Integrating the two separate IT departments has proven to be difficult. The amount of bureaucratic red tape has increased significantly and the work/life balance has been thrown out of whack.3
- 4.0Mar 13, 2021Tax SupervisorCurrent EmployeeMiramar, FL
Great place to work and flexible
Benefits are not so greatBenefitMall Response3y
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Flexibility between work and personal life is important to us all so we can maintain a balance. If you have any feedback on the benefits or items you would like to see included in our plan, please reach out to People and Culture - we would love to hear from you.
- 1.0Mar 23, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDallas, TX
Excellent people outside of the corporate stronghold. Extensive list of carriers and benefit options.
Way too much control, posturing and agenda-driven decision-making at the corporate level. Lack of strategic direction, accountability and collaborative atmosphere contributes to instability and turnover.The field offices are not empowered or effectively supported. Their impressions tell the tale.7
- 3.0Sep 3, 2021Sales RepresentativeCurrent EmployeeMiramar, FL
Great benefits including 401 and health insurance
You have to meet high quotasBenefitMall Response3y
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we truly appreciate it. If you would like to share specific ideas or feedback relating to your experience with BenefitMall and suggestions to improve, please reach out to People and Culture - we would be happy to discuss ideas with you.
- 5.0Mar 16, 2021Senior Sales AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
The benefits are pretty good. Immediate benefits is excellent!
I'm new to the company. So far no cons to add.BenefitMall Response3y
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - it is truly appreciated! If there is anything you find we can improve on, please connect with the People & Culture team.