KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BenefitMall

Engaged Employer

BenefitMall

Add a Review

BenefitMall Employee Reviews about "benefitmall"

Updated Apr 23, 2021

Found 7 of over 309 reviews

3.9
BenefitMall CEO Scott Kirksey  (no image)
Scott Kirksey

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BenefitMall and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "benefitmall"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Regional Account Coordinator

Jun 9, 2017 - Regional Account Coordinator in West Palm Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zero. It was a job.

Cons

Worst job I have ever had. No work/life balance. Crap pay, even crappier benefits for being a 'benefitmall' and management sucked. At least in the WPB office.

12 people found this review helpful

BenefitMall Response

Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback. BenefitMall is always striving to increase employee engagement across the company. While we know the busy season can get stressful, we try to allow for as much flexibility as possible with time off requests.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

With a strong intelligent executive staff leading the way BenefitMall is poised for continued success.

Jan 4, 2011 - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

BenefitMall provides the perfect enviroment for professionals to develope and hone the skills needed to succeed in business. Senior management takes the time to teach and guide employees looking to advance their careers. Over the past several years, BenefitMall has positioned itself to be a thought-leader in the complex insurance industry. Throughtout the President's campaign for health insurance reform, BenefitMall found a way to keep customer's and employees up-to-date with the latest regarding the reform efforts.

Cons

Communication between deparments should be more consistent.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with great opportunities!

Sep 11, 2014 - Account Solutions Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have had a great experience working for three years at BeneftMall. Many things from opportunities to expand my knowledge base, skill sets, and leaders that could spot potential and were willing to invest in me. I have grown in confidence and have been challenged to be the best me possible. This is the type of company that although I live in NY I have had the opportunity to travel to the corporate office, and when I do, our CEO and CFO greet me by name. I don't carry a high level position, yet they take the time to know their employees. I have had great management and executive leadership that seek and listen to feedback from their employees. My role has expanded and I have been given more responsibilities based on my eagerness to learn and grow. I was never stifled or silenced, but rather encouraged and listened to. I have made many close friends at BenefitMall. When I first came in one of the first things that impressed me was the tenure of the employees. Every company has employees that come and go, but the amount of people that have spent their careers at BenefitMall shows that this company cares for its employees. I'm glad to be one of them. Very seldom to you find a place that encourages growth, has a great atmosphere, and lets you truly flourish. I found this at BenefitMall.

Cons

The benefit package is okay. It isn't terrible, but it isn't the best. I was a bit used to my previous employer that included naturalistic and chiropractic and such as regular preventative. But I haven't had an issues with my current benefits.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great team to join for benefit & payroll sales

Jan 14, 2018 - Sales Representative in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefitmall has the benefits of a large company, with organized benefits and long term investments. However, the sales organization is structured on a local level, meaning an opportunity to participate in local decision making. Management at a local level is strong. Colleagues are a dedicated, smart team, and everyone contributes to each other's efforts.

Cons

Some disjoint between corporate and local initiatives. Benefitmall has so many "value adds" and tools, but often the delivery gets muddled.

1 person found this review helpful

BenefitMall Response

Director of Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. BenefitMall is continuously looking to invest into all areas of its business. As we continue to grow we are going to continue investing in our people while hiring the best candidates possible on a local and national level.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Information Technology

Jan 16, 2016 -  in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The infrastructure team at Benefitmall has some of the brightest and dedicated people I have worked with. The team will stick together to solve problems and make sure projects are successful. This is an environment where your voice can be heard, your work will make a difference, and you will see the results of it. This can be a very rare thing in IT these days. There is a pretty good work/life balance as well considering it's IT. The Senior Management team cares, they really do, and they will listen to what you have to say.

Cons

As with any company, you are going to deal with some legacy applications-it's not the end of the world and it's manageable. The main office is in North Dallas which can lead to longer commute times to/from parts of the metroplex.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

BenefitMall General Insurance Agency

Feb 6, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

BenefitMall is a very flexible company to work for. They understand life happens. BenefitMall is truely invested in the development of each employee and give guidance in every situation.

Cons

There is nothing negative about this company.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great People and Great Place to Work

Jun 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel like the company wants to do the right thing for their employees and clients and that's important to me. It's a good environment in a good industry. Employees can learn and grown in different areas and hard working entry level employees can turn this job into a long term carrier (I've seen it happen a number of times). The people you work with make all the difference and are what take this from a good place to work to a great place to work.

Cons

There are a number of changes that take place in the insurance industry (especially around ACA), which forces the company and employees to adapt and change with it. It's definitely not boring, but can be a challenge to keep up with all of the changes in the industry and with all of the insurance carriers we work with. If you don't like keeping up with change, this may not be the place for you. The benefits are good, but not great (some are paid 100% by BenefitMall). Employees may not get all the benefits they want, but I also understand that a balance is needed when running a business.

4 people found this review helpful