KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

BenefitMall Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 4, 2021

Found 13 of over 309 reviews

3.9
BenefitMall CEO Scott Kirksey  (no image)
Scott Kirksey

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management(in 39 reviews)
  • "Most of what is said verbally is wrong but it's your word against your manager's and the manager always wins.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Benefits are horrible.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Upper Management is abusive with no knowledge of laws.(in 14 reviews)
  • "4. there's no training to update your skills, IT is fast moving so if you don't update your employee and they decide to stay in the company longer(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BenefitMall and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lack of Technology & lots of pettiness

Nov 14, 2017 - Broker Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Casual work environment, dress code is pretty relaxed. You get Monthly bonus and also Quarterly bonus - from the get go.

Cons

Lack of training Lack of technology Lack of respect for you as an individual Notified manager several times of the lack of training I had, that there were no processes or procedures and that it felt like I was recreating the wheel.... nothing was done. In one ear and out the other. People are rude to co-workers that they feel don’t work enough or fast enough and pretty much bullies! I witnessed this and notified manager - his comment was - that she is leaving and he told everyone to be nice to her for the rest of her time, so she doesn’t make a complaint to HR!!! Seriously?? I knew this place was no good for me. Made my exit shortly after that and I was treated the same way.

12 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Sales Director

Feb 13, 2018 - Sales Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has made huge strides in our service model and we work very hard to provide the best working environment possible. As a long time employees I have seen us come full circle & am very proud of what we have accomplished over the last 10+ years. Scott Kirksy is a great leader who knows this company and what is going on in every aspect. I expect we will grow & flourish under his leadership.

Cons

Sr. Leaders are overwhelmed and sometimes decisions are slow coming. We have been running on a very lean staff to prepare for merger and we are looking forward to GROWTH!

Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your dedication to BenefitMall over the years. Our leadership team, past and present, has put in the time and the effort to become one of the leading full service benefit companies in the country and will continue to do so under Scott’s leadership. We are always looking for ways to improve our work and feedback like this makes that process much smoother.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Feb 21, 2020 - Sales Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is a great professional place of business. All employees are great team players.

Cons

Do not have any cons as I am truly happy here.

Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are truly happy here.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Client Application Support Specialist

May 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and friendly environment to work in. Pretty competitive compensation and benefits compared to similar employers.

Cons

Can be very stressful and there are inconsistencies between branches nationwide.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Information Technology

Jan 16, 2016 -  in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The infrastructure team at Benefitmall has some of the brightest and dedicated people I have worked with. The team will stick together to solve problems and make sure projects are successful. This is an environment where your voice can be heard, your work will make a difference, and you will see the results of it. This can be a very rare thing in IT these days. There is a pretty good work/life balance as well considering it's IT. The Senior Management team cares, they really do, and they will listen to what you have to say.

Cons

As with any company, you are going to deal with some legacy applications-it's not the end of the world and it's manageable. The main office is in North Dallas which can lead to longer commute times to/from parts of the metroplex.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

great place to work!

Jul 23, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

awesome place to work! family environment...management really cares about their people. good comp plan with an ability to make lots of money with no caps on earnings. continuous training to keep me on top of what's going on in an ever-changing industry. I'm always learning and believe the company invests in my professional improvement and career advancement.

Cons

there have been a lot of management changes in the past few years, and it has been challenging at times, but my direct manager always makes things clear and has my 'back'. things are definitely back on track right now and I enjoy working here. Benefits could be better, but I know it's being worked on...this is an ever changing regulatory environment that keeps every day challenging!

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

New Accounts

Aug 18, 2015 -  in Miramar, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro was the friends I made at my level.

Cons

Complete stressful work environment. Unreliable expectations. Horribly insulting, 'designed for you to fail' performance evaluations with laughable increases that make it impossible to thrive. They are all about money money money, but it never gets passed down past sales and upper management. They have lost SO many amazing and talented people. Turn-over is embarrassing. They use material from the APA's CPP to 'Benefitmall Certify' their employees, but will not come out of pocket to actually certify their employees with the actual CPP designation. The name 'Benefitmall' is a complete joke. The benefits are horrible, just horrible. Rx's that cost me $10 now with my new insurance, cost me over $200 with BENEFITMALL insurance. Sales gets double revenue incentives- which means the lower-level employees get double work, and do you know what the lower-level employees get for that double work?....time and a half. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, well, lunch- you get lunch sometimes. Never anything healthy. Everyone is over weight- and then, at the end of the year, in order to qualify for a higher employer contribution, you have to weigh a certain amount and have a certain waist size. It's 'designed to fail' mall. I dont know whats worst- the garbage they try to sell the employees or the managers who ram it down our throats.

10 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company to work for mid career level

Jan 20, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work and good work environment

Cons

Benefits are not great Good co workers

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

District Sales Manager

Feb 17, 2018 - District Sales Manager in Miramar, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work environment. Amazing organization! Tremendous earning potential!

Cons

You need to think outside the box to succeed here. No cons!

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. The BenefitMall Recruitment team prides themselves on hiring the very best candidate for every job they’re looking to fill. We are always looking for entrepreneurs to help grow the business while taking on new and exciting challenges.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good place to start your career

Nov 4, 2021 - Compliance Lead in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place with a great structure. Awesome people in the work environment.

Cons

Salaries not in line with the market and for a market leader in partnering with insurance providers in a major way. The benefits are lacking.

BenefitMall Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we truly appreciate it. If you would like to share specific ideas or feedback relating to your experience with BenefitMall and suggestions to improve, please reach out to People and Culture - we would be happy to discuss ideas with you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews