Benefits Allocation Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 5, 2017

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great energy, better colleagues!"

I have been working at Benefits Allocation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of new energy since the last year or so. The colleagues and managers are very helpful. Many who have been in the company for long are happy to share their knowledge and experience. Potential for growth is great. Most managers have been promoted from within.
    The office space was completely renovated in the past year. Everyone has standing desks, and the foosball table is a great stress-buster.
    The office itself is in a large business center with lots of covered parking.

Cons

Yearly raises, but no bonus

Advice to Management

A yearly bonus could be a great motivator! Do consider it for the deserving.

2. "Not the same as previously described"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Benefits Allocation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hesitant to apply to Benefit Allocation Systems based off the previous employee feedback here, but I’m happy I did. I’ve worked here going on 9 months and haven’t experienced the major concerns others noted. Sure there are always good and bad days, but this is the same at all the companies I’ve worked for. I was also told they made many changes over the years in management and it shows based on the other comments. So far I have had nothing but a positive experience with my manager, we do have some busy periods, which I expected and have had to work later hours then scheduled, but that seems to come with every job I’ve worked.

Cons

Some later hours as expected as I mentioned above, however they compensate you accordingly for any OT. Benefits are ok, but from a small company, what else can you expect.

Advice to Management

Seems like you listened to the feedback from others and you are trying to improve.

3. "Great coworkers, out-of-touch senior management"

I worked at Benefits Allocation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are some of the best people I've ever had the opportunity to work with. There were tears shed on my part when I left. We kept each other going, day in and day out, under extremely difficult circumstances. The work itself was fine. The real shining jewel of the company is the people who work there. The company is at the cutting edge of ACA reporting, it will probably continue to grow. Time off policy is pretty standard, they offer 8 sick days, 2 personal and vacation is based on your tenure (10 days the first year, 15 the second, etc). Hours are good, 8:30-5 and you get an hour for lunch still. Location is also ood, there's a lot in the KOP area so it's easy to get out of the office for an hour.

Cons

The mid-level managers are decent people, but are given no ability to actually "manage" their team - they have no access to salaries, bonuses, etc. I've never seen a company managed the way this one is. Everything is controlled with a tight fist by senior management. They treat the employees there terribly - low pay, degradation, cost-prohibitive benefits (the worst I've ever seen), no flex time, and you get accused of stealing office supplies. Most of programs are old and constantly breaking, and there is no plan in place to replace them, and the only one who can fix a lot of them retired in December! All of the focus is on new business and revenue streams - focus on fixing what got you where you are in the first place! Senior management will give you all kinds of lip service about ways they're going to improve - but wait two weeks and it'll change. They are very inconsistent and unpredictable, the only thing you can count on is that the employees will get screwed in the end.

Advice to Management

Wake up! You have an amazing group of people that work for you. You need to take a look at how they're managed, give the mid-level managers the ability to actually MANAGE. Pay your employees their actual market value, increase benefits, and for goodness sakes put flex time in place! It costs you absolutely nothing and everyone will love it!

4. "Sinking ship"

Pros

There really aren't any pros to working here. The only thing that held certain people together was the friendships that were made.

Cons

Zero consistency. Place is a revolving door because as soon as you get in you realize how terrible it is. Owner is a salesman: he will tell you what you want to hear & do the exact opposite. Meetings are just word vomit about promises on how things are going to turn around and never do.

Advice to Management

Sell the company

"Great co-workers / Terrible senior managment"

I have been working at Benefits Allocation Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team work among co-workers, individual department managers are very supportive and work very hard. They promote from within.

Cons

Senior management doesn't care about the people who for the company and it shows in how he you are treated. Benefits are weak and expensive. HR does not seem interested in supporting employees, more concerned with pleasing senior management.. Employees are overloaded with work making it very hard to have a balanced life.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, their efforts and their input - you don't know everything. Get more competitive with your benefits offerings. Invest in your employees and their growth - offer tuition reimbursement or something.

6. "Ok place to work"

Pros

People, location, work experience, small company

Cons

Benefits aren't that great. Have to accrue vacation time, hours are ok. No flex time.

"Run away from this company!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Benefits Allocation Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can not think of anything positive about this company

Cons

Company treats you like you are babies. 100% micro management. No one is friendly or talks to one another. Management thinks they are better than the rest of the company. Very unorganized, and paper everywhere. The dishwasher is in the bathroom! Very gross! There is no place to eat your lunch - you must eat in your car! In the winter it is pretty cold eating outside. Management has no regard for the employees. They expect you to cater to their needs, but they will not return.
     the favor. The parking lot is terrible. They have one lot that is for the "special people" You must have a high level position to use this lot that has parking for 6 people. The other lot has parking for 12 cars and there are over 50 people in the building. It is crazy, and there have been accidents in this crazy parking lot. They pay is terrible for what you have to put up with.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse, and start respecting your employees. Just because you are in management, does not make you better than anyone else. An occasional hello to an employee may be nice. It will go along way.

"Felt like a peon"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

People are warm and generous.

Cons

Management has a condescending attitude toward employees.

Advice to Management

Change in management's attitude toward employees would be beneficial.