- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Atlanta, GA
- - Smyrna, GA
- - Duluth, GA
- - Woodstock, GA
Found 82 of over 88 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Tax Consultant II
Any current Andersen employees have an update on how the trial period of the hybrid model went and what they have officially established now? Worked there until July and would love to come back eventually if they were more flexible than required number of days in the office.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great Culture" (in 10 reviews)
- "Great people and firm." (in 7 reviews)
- "good benefits (PTO)" (in 6 reviews)
- "Highly recommended!! Everyone is helpful and easy to talk to." (in 4 reviews)
- "Compassionate leadership, core values, transparency, boundless opportunities, holistic management approach" (in 3 reviews)
- "Public accounting can be tedious and require long hours sometimes; it's the nature of the beast." (in 8 reviews)
- "Mentoring (despite their coaching program) at staff level is hit or miss and learning/training (not CPE) is not always the best since managers are so time starved to make their numbers." (in 4 reviews)
- "departmental communication, and revising the internal mentoring programs." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 4, 2022 - Network Consultant in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing company that takes care of its people!
No cons I have experienced
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 22, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Small enough to get to know teams across different service lines, large enough to offer decent benefits and perks. Nice office space.
Long hours during busy season but that is to be expected at any firm. Wish they had more team building events.
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 1, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Best coworkers and work life balance
There are none- great people
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 28, 2022 - ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Culture, work life balance, benefits
No notable cons. Salaries could be a little more competitive.
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Aug 15, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Caring leadership, awesome opportunities for advancement, family first culture.
I no examples of Cons.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 6, 2022 - Transaction Advisory Services Senior in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good experience, well organized and people first.
The hours as always, and a lack of support for lower level employees
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 6, 2021 - Tax Senior Manager in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The culture is incredible. Extremely focused on individual employees and making sure people are fairly compensated. I have seen several instances of staff receiving market salary adjustments without ever asking for more money. Everyone is incredibly flexible and accommodating so long as you continue to meet deadlines. The firm offers opportunities to switch groups within the firm if you find a different practice area you find more interesting. Summer Fridays are a real thing! Working at big 4 previously, they promised Summer Fridays but if you left before 6pm on a Friday you were criticized for it(regardless of reason). At BT, if you are here at 2pm on a summer Friday, you are one of the only people left. A really nice thing for tax professionals is that BT was founded initially as a Tax practice. Many of the actions taken and accommodations focus on tax preparer's schedule. An example is A and A day, where BT provides tax preparers all of their A and A CPE requirements in 1 day. Lastly, the promotional opportunities are fantastic. 41 of 45 partners were promoted to partner rather than being brought from outside and ~15% of the firm received promotions this year.
My only negative comment would be the technology side. I would like to see the firm invest in better software both for the administrative and preparation software. Doing so would make the workforce more productive.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★May 25, 2022 - Intern in Woodstock, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Everyone was kind and willing to help me learn.
Sometimes during Tax Season communication was lacking.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★May 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Sense of family and comradery within the firm. Many outings and incentives DE&I community Flexibility
It can be stressful, but they try to find ways to help mitigate the stress for their employees
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 19, 2022 - Accountant in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits and culture are great!
No cons that I have seen so far.
Bennett Thrasher Reviews FAQs
Bennett Thrasher has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 88 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Bennett Thrasher to a friend and 98% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
95% of Bennett Thrasher employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bennett Thrasher 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.