Bensenville School District Reviews | Glassdoor

Bensenville School District Reviews

4.3
James Stelter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

I have been working at Bensenville School District full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for BSD2 for 11 years. Throughout my time here I have felt supported both professionally and personally. Administration has always supported furthering my education, and has given me the flexibility to pursue my professional goals. I am excited about their movement towards the Community School Model. Administrators understand that in order to change a school, you must change the community as well. This means making the school the hub of the community and creating supports such as health care, GED classes, and parent education within the school walls. New initiatives and creative solutions to educational challenges is what makes BSD2 a great place to work.

Cons

Additional financial support from the ISBE to better align best practice with implementation.

2. "Welcoming, exciting workplace"

I have been working at Bensenville School District full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bensenville School District 2 is a wonderful place to work. Despite being a smaller district, BSD2 provides a wealth of services and supports to its students, teachers and the wider community and is constantly moving forward and striving to serve students even better. The culture of this district is friendly and extremely welcoming, but also provides challenges and opportunities for growth in your job.

Cons

Working at BSD2 requires creativity, ingenuity and growth. Must be willing to adapt, change and improve with your job.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand the district's role in the community as part of the Community Schools model!

3. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Bensenville, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Bensenville, IL

Pros

BSD2.org is a great place to work. All of their work is child-centered and authentic. They also have a great early childhood program that supports many families. Excellent supports for training and professional development are in place.

Cons

If you don't like a fast-paced environment, BSD2.org is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding early childhood, STEM, and gifted programming.

4. "A Great Place To Work"

Pros

District 2 operates like a visionary. We adopted the Community Schools Model and are caring for our students and families as whole individuals.We are providing for our families the tools for success. For some it's the basics of food, clothing and shelter while for others it's after school programming and a challenging curriculum.

Cons

This district is not for someone that likes their job to always be status quo. You can expect growth and change.

Advice to Management

Let's keep moving in this positive direction. Exciting times for our district.

5. "Bamboozle Parents"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher

Pros

Small district. Close to the airport.

Cons

This district shuffled kids with special needs off to a special facility even those who have mild needs need to be in a least restrictive environment and did not follow what was in the best interests of those kids. The district is over 75% minority but their teachers are over 90% WHITE. They hire people of color to be assistants or custodians but that's as far as they go. No excuse that they can't find minority teachers when they are next to the third largest city in the U.S.---Chicago.The parents would cringe if they knew how they run that district especially with ELL students and special needs. No employee here ever looked happy and that's not good for the kids. I'm happy that I left and happy working in another suburb.

6. "IT employee"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Bensenville, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Bensenville, IL

I worked at Bensenville School District full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the teachers, administrators and school principals. We deployed new technology which was fun and educational. Had the freedom to work on your own to resolve technical problems. There was plenty of support contracts to help IT resolve problems.

Cons

They outsourced some IT positions after I left.

Advice to Management

None