Bentley Bratcher & Associates Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

1 review

Associate

Bentley Bratcher & Associates Managing Partners Gregory O. Bratcher
Gregory O. Bratcher

"Ups and Downs like every job, average in the public accounting field."

Current Employee - Staff Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bentley Bratcher & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn all aspects of the firm if you desire. They start you out with a laptop w/remote access and a key to come in on your own time when projects require. Staff seems laid back and so does management. They are straight to the point minimizing wasted time from adding "fluff".

Cons

Absolutely no training manual or schedule. Pretty much expected to be working on projects alone the 2nd day. Not quite sure who answers my questions and pretty much had to teach myself everything. I am no slacker and have a pretty solid knowledge of accounting concepts either. Just to be clear, I had no problem with the CPA exams and breezed through them without studying as much as I did for my drivers license(skimmed the book in line). However to sum it up, "90% of the time, I have no idea what the **** is going on". I like teaching myself. However, I don't even know what general concepts I should be teaching myself. Also, who is in charge here!?!?!?

Advice to Management

Focus on developing a core structure or policy manual. I understand significant strides have been made since 2010 but there is still a long road ahead. Keep on focusing on growth but also be more open to teaching others around you.