I have been working at Bentley Mills (More than 5 years)
A company with great employees that truly have a passion and believe in what they do.
I don't have any cons to report.
I have been working at Bentley Mills full-time
Great Team at the Mill
Field Employees - on an Island
I have been working at Bentley Mills full-time (More than a year)
Beautiful showroom, great location in River North walk-up building. Compensation incentive to sell as much as possible and good healthcare coverage.
Open showroom space, no privacy. Face time and micromanagement important in an outside sales position.
Some great people are there and President does his best to motivate people with little perks despite the interference from corporate environmental which causes much stress to many and lowers moral.
If you are interested in the carpet industry, you will learn a lot there but at a cost. I recommend you keep searching and learn it somewhere else where there is less turmoil.
I agree with all previously comments (company not visionary, inconsistent message from management) and I add more...
- Company claims to be sustainable but runs some of their people (#1 resource) into the ground.
- Not an even playing field. Some "favorites" (who make rather serious mistakes costing company >$50,000 in losses) are not 'dealt with' at all. Others are seen as "disposable" and let go for various bogus reasons. Beware...company has history with many who were good talented employees simply cast aside. Others see this happen it lowers morale.
- HR has long history of turning their back on employees unless they are obligated by law to do something - maybe this is legal but totally unethical. Beware of crossing senior management/corporate because HR will not come to your defense regardless of how good your performance, sacrifices or accomplishments Company claims to be one of the best places to work in L.A. but still has many personnel problems especially communication despite all "Strengths" being beat into everyone.
- Production does not hold weekly staff meetings with key staff (operations, maint./eng., EHS, ISO) which is so inefficient. Weekly meetings are pretty standard in medium-large manufacturing.
- There are many times when staff spends extra time chasing down info, holding emergency meetings and playing "catch up" especially if direction on projects has to be adjusted mid-stream. This happens much to frequently. This wastes time and resources. So much for sustainability.
- Comany management has adversial relationship with corporate environmental adding to difficulities of running plant efficiently. She runs the show and no one (including President) has any veto power. Environmenal programs at times conflict with other company goals and objectives so that precious manpower, time & money are wasted on foolish projects that could have been spent on more critical projects or improving bottom line. This causes frustration at manager/supervisor level and lowers morale.
Advice to Management
Don't make promises you can't keep. Employees see it (or hear about it through rumor mill) and it lowers moral. Give power back to President Minite where it belongs for running the plant and making decisions.
I worked at Bentley Mills full-time (More than 3 years)
Good leadership, Great compensation, Fliexible
Nothing bad to say here.
Good benefits, product and brand
Long hours, underpaid, not a collaborative atmosphere; No consideration for work/life balance
Advice to Management
Move into the 21st century with work schedules
a lot of great people. president tries really hard to give perks to people so there is a gym across the street, watched world cup, etc., if you are interested in the carpet industry you will learn a lot here.
not visionary, inconsistent message from management, hr is way old school and not geared to working with non-hourly, way too much bending over backward to accommodate sales reps which jerks manufacturing around, way too many mistakes coming out of manufacturing
Advice to Management
Stronger manufacturing management and processes needed.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?