Benzer Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Corporate"

Current Employee - Corporate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Benzer Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benzer Pharmacy is undergoing various expansion projects, which offers a lot of exposure and experience for their employees. These adventures provide employees with the opportunity to learn and understand the various dimensions which brings a company together for success. Benzer’s outlook on growth is substantial, which is admirable to anyone who finds interest in the operations of general business. Their ideology of a more innovative and personal approach to their customers enhances the opportunities for both current and future employee’s. Although the current growth creates high intensity within the corporate level as well as the pharmacy level environment, every employee at Benzer maintains integrity, discipline, and passion for what they do, and it is well acknowledged. I have seen Benzer come a long way, and as a career driven employee, I will give continuous appreciation and devotion to those at Benzer who have assisted in creating such an exciting, and dynamic professional experience. I highly look forward to being a witness and an active team member to all that Benzer faces.

Cons

The cons of Benzer are the cons of any company-politics. Benzer has over 500 employees, at which point, you have over 500 personalities. This is what creates politics. At no point can you blame a company as a whole or consider this a “con” to a company brand. Benzer will show value in those who show value in them. This is what I consider a respectful relationship. Growth is substantial, intensity is high. This to some, could be considered a con, however, I consider this, opportunity.

Advice to Management

After reading some of these reviews, I can’t imagine how it must influence management to second guess their approach to their positions . I have direct encounter with management in all departments-great job guys! Just remember Benzer is undergoing multiple expansion projects, Benzer has over 500 employee’s. This is because of you; well done! This could not have been accomplished without your guidance and supervision to your employees and the success of your employees. The tremendous amount of pressure anyone in management foresees is underrated. But it is apparent, Benzer does its due diligence before hiring/promoting those who take on such responsibility. To my direct supervisors-your success, your wisdom, and your guidance has made a major influence on my success! Thank you. To the president, and all C-suites-much appreciation for all the exposure, opportunity, and challenges you have presented me with.

"Benzer Pharmacy - Aurbundale Location - Unfairtreatment to employees"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Winter Haven, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Winter Haven, FL

I worked at Benzer Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None nothing . Can not even think of 1 positive

Cons

Worked few years with Benzer Pharmacy - Aurbundale location. Worst part is managers / PIC / Corporate never keep their promises ... You are not allowed to ask questions . Treatment is like you are machine. Managers / PIC will do whatever they want. Service level is zero for customer. All they care about is revenue and Numbers and profit. Managers / PIC would not hesiste to curse at you, Laugh behind your back. Feels like factory ... Worst ever . Worked overtime with no appreciation ever or no overtime pay.

Advice to Management

Come out and make surprise visit to stores if you care about other employees. Managers / PIC are mafias and worst people to work with. they have no sense how to treat employees.

"This place is a complete joke."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brandon, FL

I worked at Benzer Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It could be a good environment to work in but management is terrible.

Cons

There is absolutely no structure at all. No training and no communication. People are hired and moved around to multiple positions they are not even certified to do. Most technicians have never set foot in a pharmacy. Customer service has zero training and no experience. I have no idea how this company is still open.

Advice to Management

Hire people that have experience and know what they are doing. In my opinion all current management needs to be fired and a fresh start to maybe save this company.

4. "It was alright."

I worked at Benzer Pharmacy part-time

Pros

Got a free breakfast or lunch.
    Some of the customers were amazing.

Cons

Will cut hours out of nowhere.
    If you get hired on as full time and complete your 90 days, they can put you as part time and not give benefits as promised.

Advice to Management

Make sure that you don't give people false information when you first hire them.

"Breckenridge Pkwy Corporate Office Needs Improvement"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Benzer Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a job, and it issued a check....

Cons

Very low salary for the work they expect, and there's no real structure at all.

No one can give you a clear understanding regarding work schedules, breaks/lunches or job duties. Everything is done on a whim, and you have to play the guessing game. Lots of miscommunication.

For instance, day 1 of my employment, the female who originally interviewed me told me the Breckenridge Pkwy Tampa, FL location is not their Corporate Office, but during my interview, she told me this indeed was their Corp. Office, and the sign outside the building even says it. Online, that location is confirmed as, such. The rest are actual Pharmacies. What gives?

Managers and/or Supervisors are seemingly unavailable. They just leave the employees unsupervised.

Also, there is no training program, or job aids provided for this position. They just throw you to the wolves, and expect you to lean on your fellow coworkers for help. From there, you fake it until you make it.

On my first day, I had to sit with an existing CSR that whispered everything like a mouse. Most of the time, I could barely hear or comprehend what she was saying. It was so annoying!

When I asked her to repeat herself or speak up, she continued speaking in the same register. At one point, I did manage to hear her say to me, "I could speak louder but this is the way I always talk." I found this to be very strange, unprofessional and downright inconsiderate!

Plus, she was all over the place. She would take a couple of calls, whisper what the call was about, walk me over to baskets and slots filled with different RX's while explaining what was what. She walked me back and forth, from the onsite pharmacy, to her desk, while having multiple conversations in between, with other coworkers that were constantly coming to her desk to either ask job related questions or just regular sidebars conversations (she spoke normal at those times), all while "training" me.

I tried to take notes and ask as many questions as possible, but I was still clueless afterwards. Again, no structure.

All of the above is a perfect example of why Benzer will never advance or hold a candle to competitors such as, Walgreens or CVS.

Advice to Management

Chances are, you are well aware of what's wrong with your company. You will never admit it or take the necessary steps to improve it. At this rate, Benzer will never succeed.

6. "Pharmacy Technician"

I worked at Benzer Pharmacy full-time

Pros

There is nothing positive about this company.

Cons

Management has no degree or education resulting in conflict because they do not know how to be a leader. Pharmacy creates its own illegal prescriptions by paying Doctors to write them.

Advice to Management

shut down.

7. "pharmacist"

I have been working at Benzer Pharmacy part-time

Pros

Good company with good management

Cons

good if u get a full-time position

"Unprofessional treatment of employees"

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Moneta, VA
    Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Moneta, VA

I worked at Benzer Pharmacy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pros in my opinion is hours open (closed evenings, half day Saturday, and all day Sunday). This is only positive and it's not guaranteed as over the last 6 months twice were required to work a day from 845 am to past 10pm. With no notice.

Cons

Unprofessional treatment-i was strictly told if u wanted time off or wanted to quit I was required to give at least 3 weeks notice. I worked on a Wednesday and began my to me off and the day before I was to be back at work I received an email telling me my services were no longer needed. So essentially I was given 1 day notice. There was nothing leading up to this. Many of the pharmacies are managed by non-professional people who get their position by knowing a corporate person but have no previous experience at all working in a pharmacy or retail. There is arguably cultural bias. The benefits are the lowest of the industry especially for pharmacists particularly pay, vacation, bonus potential, and even health benefits are expensive compared to market. Communication is practically nonexistence. They are the worst and even though the CEO has limited experience in retail pharmacy he tries to micromanage each store. Local patients are not a priority. This company prefers to have mail order dermatologic patients where they can bill for high cost medicines and do not encourage local ties.

Advice to Management

I worked in a Benzer pharmacy where between my partner and myself had over 70 years retail pharmacy experience and not just as staff but as pharmacy managers. My Benzer pharmacy was managed by a complete incapable person who had NO experience in retail pharmacy or in management of business or personnel. She was the only person (when present) who ever communicated directly with corporate. My Benzer pharmacy business had decreases over the last 18 months. Not once were my partner or myself ever asked or included in any discussion of these concerns. The unprofessional manager relayed contorted information to corporate directly of her suspicions and the next thing I know is i am fired. I believe u was made a sacrifice and an excuse so she could temporarily keep her job. Upper management needs to visit every store at least once a year to witness for themselves who the workers are and who are not. Who makes them the money, can build the business, does the work, and is just present. This manager u speak of took off over 8 weeks in 2017 and already in 2018 took off over 10 weeks. Now who do u think is doing the day to day work and how can this person who is rarely present 30 hours awake give judicious input that can cost someone their job.

"Corporate Employee"

I have been working at Benzer Pharmacy full-time

Pros

Upper management fosters an environment for new ideas and creativity. There is an open door policy and everyone is pretty nice.

Cons

Vacation time is not great. Benefits are not the best but at least we have them!

"Store pharmacists treated like they are disposable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moneta, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moneta, VA

I worked at Benzer Pharmacy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits, treated unprofessionally by unprofessional management

Advice to Management

Treat all employees the same and don't discriminate