Berendsen Fluid Power Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ian Hill

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Berendsen Fluid Power full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Berendsen for more years than I care to count, and I can't imagine working anywhere else. The work is challenging- building relationships with customers and providing the service level required- but I've always felt that Berendsen "had my back" when I needed special attention or help with a customer problem. The days are as busy and productive as you make them. Give Berendsen 100% and they'll give you 110%. If I work nights or weekends, it's of my choice, not theirs. I've always been paid fairly and have enjoyed good benefits. My coworkers in my office and other offices are like family to me.

Cons

This business can't be learned in a few months or even a few years. That's not a "con"- just a statement that you have to be fully comitted to the job and be open to learn new products and procedures every day.

Advice to Management

None...except maybe be quicker to terminate those employees who don't value or deserve the opportunity you've given them!

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Berendsen Fluid Power (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great long time employees, caring management, results driven, best product lines top to bottom of line card!

Cons

Smaller company, local branches, nothing bad to say!

Advice to Management

Need to concentrate on attracting new (younger) trainees to take over.

"Only Drones Required"

Former Employee - Outside Industrial Sales in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Outside Industrial Sales in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Berendsen Fluid Power full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mediocre employees will survive at Berendsen.

Cons

Company does not want an opinion from their employees unless you are in the inner circle. Do not request any changes to their policies and procedures as that is a sure road to termination. Their policies and benefits are from the stone age. Current mileage reimbursement for use of personal car is $0.15/mile. They do not furnish cars for outside sales but they require a salesman to drive a vehicle that is less than 4 years old. . In 3 months, I put 4000 miles on my car and they reimbursed me $633.00. If you are on the road, they will not pay for your lunch unless you take a customer with you. There is no training provided on the product offerings unless a manufacturer gives a free online webinar. There is no chance for advancement unless one of the old fossils retires or dies. Management seems to be threatened by anyone with a better or different idea.

Advice to Management

Look to other industries for best in class policies. Employees from other backgrounds and industries have a lot to offer if you will just listen with an open mind. Pay fairly.

Berendsen Fluid Power Response

Oct 6, 2016 – H.R. Director

Sorry things did not work out for this former employee to his or our satisfaction. A couple items need to be clarified. In addition to the $0.15 cents per mile for gasoline our outside sales reps ... More

4. "General Ledger Accountant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Berendsen Fluid Power (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is low stress and the people have an overall great attitude. There are lots of good opportunities to cross train, learn, and gain experience within a given department.

Cons

The probability of promotion to a managerial position or higher is small since the number of spots available are nearly nonexistent.

Advice to Management

It's usually within the manager's control on how the employee will enjoy the work environment. Keep up the great work!

"In the 4.5 years @Berendsen Fluid Power most was great until the last 1/2 year when I gave some constructive criticism."

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Houston, TX

I worked at Berendsen Fluid Power full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair starting salary and benefits.

Cons

Constructive criticism may be your downfall & may lead to employment termination if you give constructive criticism more than one time.

Advice to Management

Take constructive criticism from an employee as a hint that the employee cares about Berendsen Fluid Power very much & like a parent to a child, wants nothing but the best for your future, the company, Berendsen Fluid Power. Please, Berendsen, take off your blinders.

"WORSE PLACE I EVER WORKED!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Berendsen Fluid Power full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amusing to say the least. The owners provide humor by revealing business strategies stolen from either "I Love Lucy" or possibly "Dilbert". Tons of promises!

Cons

The promises are only that, promises. Get it in writing with this bunch. not that it will matter they will still deny it even if its written and signed by them. Low pay, no pay increases, weak benefits, privately held, you are at the beck and call of managers at every moment of your existance ( including while on vacation or in the middle of the night). Lead by half wits, dimits and nitwits!

Advice to Management

stop acting like half wits, dimits and nitwits!

"OK"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Work life balance is highly promoted at Berendsen.

Cons

I wouldn't recomend anyone to work there. Berendsen offers very poor pay and no raises. no advancement opportunities. Most employees work at poverty level.

Advice to Management

Executive Management need to value employees and pay them for industry standard rates.

"Berendsen the Fluid Power Leader."

Former Employee - General Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - General Manager in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Top in industry. Lot's of locations in U.S. & Canada. Long tenured employees in branch locations. Decent benefits package. Excellent 401K package.

Cons

Tough industries with low margins. Technical products. Takes years to become familiar with diverse product lines. salesman need to be technicaly inclined towards the MRO and OEM clients in their market base.

Advice to Management

Communicate at a higher level. Dump the ivory tower attitude. Realize the talent that you have inherited through prior aquisitions and grown from entry level positions.

9. "Credit representative."

Former Employee - Credit Representative

I worked at Berendsen Fluid Power full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked for Brendan fir 18 years and was well pleased with the company and the leadership. I was treated well and fairly in good times and tough. Many of my fellow employees had been with the company for 20+ years.

Cons

Credit work can be tough but I always felt appreciated

Advice to Management

Stay accessible and friendly. The company always felt like family.

10. "Credit"

Former Employee - Credit Representative

I worked at Berendsen Fluid Power full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was blessed to be able to work for this company for several years. They offer competitive benefits and work ethics compensation. I was able to gain increased knowledge and experience in my field of work allowing me to contribute back to the success of the company. The work place was easily accessible and pleasant. Along with a sense of worth contribution, I retired with lasting friendships.

Cons

Honestly? No complaints. Your job is what you make it.