Berglund Automotive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Berglund Automotive Group President William Farrell
William Farrell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people"

I worked at Berglund Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They were fantastic to work for! I had was able to move up from sales and went through Into finance prior to becoming a sales manager prior to leaving for family reasons. They treated me very well and I would go back if I went back to the area.

Cons

I don't have any issues as they treated me very well and gave me great room for advancement.

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Berglund Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The cars were pretty cool. The sales team, and the service team, and people in general were pretty great.

Cons

Hours, 50 - 60 a week, every week. The pay return for the hours was commission so you could make some serious money... if there were customer but most days there were too few customer to go around, and most of those who did had "their guy" who they bought from for the past decade. At hire I was told to expect a certain amount as average commission, the average (even for the guys who had been doing sales for 10+ years) was less than half that number.

On the whole the auto sales industry is changing dramatically, but Berglund didn't seem to get all the memos

Advice to Management

Good luck

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Berglund Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Berglund for over 2 years. I have been treated very good by management during my time with the company. There is plenty of help in making sure I am successful. It is nice working for a company that has such a god reputation in the community.

Cons

I would like more training and time to do it.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and work together on making our company better.

4. "not great"

I have been working at Berglund Automotive Group full-time

Pros

none. Avoid it if you can.

Cons

company doesn't contribute any to healthcare plan. Therefore it's extremley expsensive

Berglund Automotive Group Response

Nov 9, 2016 – Finance Director

This isn't correct - the company makes substantial contributions to the the health care plan

"Berglund"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Pros

Some co-workers were very helpful

Cons

Low pay. Terrible "benefits". Upper management shows favoritism.

Advice to Management

Employees deserve raises and recognition.

6. "sales"

I have been working at Berglund Automotive Group full-time

Pros

nice work atmosphere, friendly people

Cons

hours can be daunting and tedious

7. "estimator"

I have been working at Berglund Automotive Group full-time

Pros

the ability to be hands on

Cons

the cost of the healthcare benefits

"Good job, bad company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, VA

Pros

Loved my job and customers. Workday went by fast. Weekends off. Job security.

Cons

If you are hourly, raise is not a word in their vocabulary. Low pay. Found out other dealerships paid $1.50 to $2.50 an hour more for similar work and less of a workload. Occaisionally worked 20-30 minutes while off the clock during my lunch hour to get caught up. Manager deletes overtime off of computer unless approved, even when short of help. Crappy useless health plan at an expensive price. Apathetic, old school, not politcally correct manager who began to pick on me. Company gives Christmas Eve off but doesnt pay you for it.

Advice to Management

Pay your empoyees enough that they can buy themself a car, since you are in the business of selling them. If everyone was like me (unable to afford a car), you would cease to exist. Get a decent health plan that wont bankrupt an employee who has to use it. Ease up on the dress code. Put your employees before the Berglund Center.

that is what you are in the business of selling.

"Titles don't mean anything here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Pros

You get paid but not what your worth.

Cons

This place is a joke of a dealer group. If you have experience in the car business and care about you work don't work here.

Advice to Management

Start over. Owner needs to know what is really going on instead of relying on those who only tell him what they want him to know.

"Over worked unappreciated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Berglund Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are very few... It's a job and a paycheck check that is all that I have.... Easy job... Some managers are good to work with
    Ye

Cons

Basically thrives off of tattle tailing.. If you want to act like you are in grade school and tattle on someone this is the place for you.... Very known for making good workers mad and pushing them out the door.. Micromanaged to the max... Some managers believe their position is president and will not help if employee's have an issue they just ignore the issue and create more work.. They do not listen to what everyone has to say.. If there is an inner office employees only the ones that are tattling are questioned... No schedule breaks just lunch hour... Pay for job skills are very poor insurance cost out the roof and pays for NOTHING! Vacation policy is ridiculous.... Dress code stuck in the 60's and needs updated.. Fashion police will call out some people's clothes and not others...

Advice to Management

Review your vacation and dress code; stop micro managing we are all adults not preschoolers. Treat a person like a person not an employee number