Bergmann & Moore Reviews | Glassdoor

Bergmann & Moore Reviews

Updated Jan 23, 2020

3.9
  1. "Challenged and fulfilled"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Bergmann & Moore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always something new to learn, able to keep busy with work.

Cons

Sometimes deadlines all hit at once and it can be overwhelming.

Bergmann & Moore2019-06-08
  2. "The turn over rate is crazy!"

Current Employee - Consulting Solutions Manager

I have been working at Bergmann & Moore full-time for more than a year

Pros

The yearly bonuses and raises

Cons

No direction, no cohesion, absolutely No training

Bergmann & Moore2020-01-24
  3. "Review"

Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Bergmann & Moore full-time

Pros

Get your own office in a couple of months, a lot of responsibility, and plenty to keep busy.

Cons

Workload can add up sometimes.

Bergmann & Moore2019-02-19
  4. "Case Manager"

I have been working at Bergmann & Moore full-time

Pros

Working with clients can be extremely rewarding. After reviewing the cases (and seeing how terribly many of them have been handled by VA), you become very invested in winning for your clients and making sure they get the recognition for what they went through in the military. You become the person they rely on to help them, and it is an indescribable feeling when you finally get to call them to tell them the claim they've been fighting for for years has been granted. I had several clients write me thank-you notes which I still have because they meant so much to me. The company also hires very good people, so you have wonderful coworkers!

Cons

The downside of working closely with clients is that you also have to call them even when VA is doing a bad job with their case which is often. It can be emotionally draining to have to give non-update updates about cases where you're just waiting for VA to review the case and make a decision. It's also a lot of work and sometimes requires overtime.

Bergmann & Moore2018-02-23
  5. "Good opportunity to build skills in the legal field and make a difference in the lives of Veterans"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Bergmann & Moore full-time for more than a year

Pros

- There is strong camaraderie among case managers makes this an enjoyable work environment with support from your co-workers including time for lunches and happy hours - You get to work directly with Veterans on their cases, which makes the work feel more personal and rewarding, especially when we win benefits for a Veteran who has been struggling for many years to get proper treatment and compensation/income. - You are given a lot of responsibility which results in developing skills and experience that many individuals do not have until after law school. - There is a flexible work schedule and you can structure your workload in a way that works best for you.

Cons

- Working daily with Veterans with severe PTSD can cause burnout after a couple years - The workload/amount of responsibility can be daunting (including a high learning curve); without a good organizational system, the work environment can get very stressful.

Bergmann & Moore2018-02-20

"Excellent Employers and Superb Advocates for Veterans"

Current Employee - Director of Outreach in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Bergmann & Moore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bergmann & Moore is a truly rewarding place to work for people who want to assist our Veterans and their families with obtaining the VA benefits and medical care they earned based on military service. Every day, we work closely with Veterans who need to appeal an adverse benefits decision from VA. Every day, I go to work with a sense of purpose knowing my co-workers and I substantially improved the lives of our Veterans. Every day, I go home with a sense of teamwork and accomplishment. This is especially true for our Veterans who can't work due to significant military-related disabilities.

Cons

Dealing with VA can be frustrating because VA is huge a huge bureaucracy with lots of forms and rules. It takes patience working with Veterans as we navigate VA's complex disability claim appeal process with them. However, every day it is worth it for me because we are standing with our Veterans as we cut through VA's red tape.

Bergmann & Moore2017-11-16
  7. "Tough Work But Great Experience"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Bergmann & Moore full-time for more than a year

Pros

* You're given tons of responsibility right off the bat - great test to see if you really want to be a lawyer. * You work with clients who can be extremely rewarding - some I'll never forget. * You get your own cube to start and everyone I knew had an office within a year and most of them were window offices. * You don't talk to the big bosses much except during your interview but everyone is friendly and there's lots of socializing among employees. * You have a job that means something and you get to help veterans who really need you. * Great experience for law school

Cons

* responsibility can be stressful * some clients are great but others are terrible and you need to deal with them all * there's a lot of work

Bergmann & Moore2017-03-02
  8. "Demanding but worthwhile"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Bergmann & Moore full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Real-life impact on the Veterans who are your clients. I was able to call people and tell them they'd no longer be homeless, or have to worry about health benefits. The power of this should not be understated -Casual work environment with quiet offices and spaces to work and write -Supervisors who can be valuable resources, bosses who see you as a real human being, year-end reviews that are informative and thorough

Cons

-Some of the clients can be tough to handle and emotionally draining; many have moderate to severe mental illnesses and trust/communication can be tough -Staying on top of deadlines can require some overtime -Office still relied almost exclusively on paper when I worked there, since this was how Veterans Affairs functioned; paperwork piles up easily, requires a lot of organization

Bergmann & Moore2016-12-16

"Extremely Rewarding Work with Great Practical Work Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Case Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Bergmann & Moore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for Bergmann & Moore for 4 years and really enjoyed my experience especially being able to directly impact the lives of veterans disabled from service in a positive and life-changing way. It was an extremely rewarding experience and one in which I learned a lot and greatly expanded my practical knowledge and skills in the field. I appreciated the closeness among the case managers in exchanging ideas and being able to work closely with my supervisor. Additionally, I really valued the responsibility I was entrusted with in working on cases and the direct contact I had with clients. I felt my hard work was appreciated by both the firm and the clients and I left work every day proud of the worked I had done and the people I had helped.

Cons

The job can be intense because of amount of responsibility given to Case Managers to ensure cases are moving and deadlines are met. Case Managers have to be extremely well organized and motivated to ask questions and solve problems without constant step by step guidance.

Bergmann & Moore2016-04-18

"The definition of self-sacrifice"

I worked at Bergmann & Moore

Pros

Good money if you, like most employees, are under 26 and don't have a family Regarding to help Veterans Learn a lot about the VA

Cons

Pressure cooker where employees who attempt to negotiate fairer treatment are criticized and made to feel that they are the only individuals experiencing problems persistent scapegoat mentality, employees are constantly terrified of being yelled at over minor human errors Employers seem to be posting blatantly dishonest positive reviews on glass door instead of finding ways to treat employees like people Actually hurts veterans by taking on hundreds of cases simultaneously and thereby sacrificing time and attention that should be paid to each case

Bergmann & Moore2016-04-18

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 18 reviews