- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Wisconsin
- - Fond du Lac, WI Area
- - Fond du Lac, WI
- - Appleton, WI Area
- - Appleton, WI
- - Grand Chute, WI
- - Kaukauna, WI
- - Oshkosh, WI Area
- - Oshkosh, WI
- - Neenah, WI
- - Madison, WI Area
- - Madison, WI
- - Middleton, WI
- - Milwaukee, WI Area
- - Milwaukee, WI
- - Brookfield, WI
- - Green Bay, WI Area
- - Green Bay, WI
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Minnesota
- - Nebraska
Found 557 of over 561 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great people to work for and with." (in 29 reviews)
- "They truly care about their employees well being and happiness." (in 26 reviews)
- "All this plus great pay!" (in 25 reviews)
- "4) great benefits" (in 23 reviews)
- "Bersgtrom Automotive prides itself by treating guests and team members like family." (in 22 reviews)
- "Long Hours but that is part of Sales and we get paid well to do this Job" (in 14 reviews)
- "Management is poor to non" (in 10 reviews)
- "The business is fast paced, and sometimes there are long hours." (in 8 reviews)
- "Bad Communication" (in 5 reviews)
- "Pleasing upper management is most important, and giving them everything they could possibly want, while looking down at everyone else in the company." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Bergstrom Automotive and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 7, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Positive work culture and great benefits
Nothing bad to say about the company
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 25, 2022 - Director of FinanceRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
* Actively seeking ways to improve and grow within the industry and community * Recognizes and develops talent from within * Supportive, friendly, flexible environment * Strong leadership * Seeks out and acts upon feedback from team * Innovative and forward thinking * Tremendous community involvement * Core values which are well-aligned with the mission and vision of company
No cons to identify at this time.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 14, 2022 - Parts ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Bergstrom Automotive is a very fun, fast-paced, family oriented company to work for. They offer both great pay plans and benefits. Always trianing employees to be the best and to grow within the company throughout their career!
No real cons to working here. If you work hard and have a great attitude, you can go as far as you want in the company.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 24, 2022 - Sales Advisor in Oshkosh, WIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Peers can be nice It's fun to learn about all of the different vehicles Pay is decent Great owners
High turnover rate Managers can be either great or horrible (mostly the latter) Culture can be toxic Customers can be a real hassle to deal with (welcome to the service industry)Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 5, 2022 - Sales Advisor - Full Time in Appleton, WIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great, caring company. Great benefits.
Some later days sometimes, but not bad.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 19, 2022 - Automotive Technician in Appleton, WIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Management team is open and involves others, extra effort put in by entire team to make it a great workplace. Guarantee available for technicians.
Scheduling for appointments was messy due to central scheduling center outside of dealer, so little control was available to team to set appointments. Technician pay is not quite on par with other dealers.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 7, 2022 - Sales Lead in Green Bay, WIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people Great atmosphere Supportive
None as of yet in my short time
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 18, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great job, great people, great pay! I highly recommend working here.
No real negatives I can think of. Hard work is rewarded.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 6, 2022 - ReceptionistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
My team was really flexible with me on my schedule, but I can't say the same for my coworkers or receptionists in other stores. The job is pretty relaxed. As long as you do the bare minimum of the job description, you'll be praised for doing such a great job. As long as you know how to work a phone and a computer well, it's very simple work. To be considered full-time you only need to work ~30 or 35 hours per week, which while not great for my wallet, was really nice to have more free time.
Pay is poor and it gets capped. Even if the hourly wage sounds good to you, since full-time only requires ~30-some hours, that's even less money in your paycheck than you may originally think you'll get. The procedures for paperwork/filing/etc. changed constantly. The work is always easy, but you'll probably get confused about how you're supposed to do things because sometimes it would switch multiple times a week. Again, the work is easy--but it's painfully easy. Gets boring fast as it is really repetitive. If your store is well-staffed, you may luck out on flexible hours, but the receptionist position seems to have a high turnover rate, so don't count on it. For other positions--I was appalled at some of the hours the sales/service/parts people worked. Male-dominated workplace, but the receptionist position seems to always be female. I think that hints towards their values as a company. You have to buy your uniforms. They say they give you your "first one free," but you have to return it when the ones you pay for come in, so it's really like you get to borrow a shirt for a week and they try to tell you it's free.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 15, 2022 - Team Leader in Appleton, WIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Team environment all around. Guest satisfaction is the primary directive, and that is what we live true to every day!
We are under construction right now, but by the looks of the new dealership it will be well worth the wait.Continue reading
Bergstrom Automotive Reviews FAQs
Bergstrom Automotive has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 561 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at Bergstrom Automotive to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
92% of Bergstrom Automotive employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bergstrom Automotive 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.