Berkadia Reviews | Glassdoor

Berkadia Reviews

Updated 18 Sep 2019

Found 192 reviews

3.4
Berkadia CEO Justin Wheeler (no image)
Justin Wheeler
  1. "A People Company"

Current Employee - Agile Delivery Manager in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Berkadia full-time for less than a year

Pros

- They take the long view - They invest in the people - They encourage open and honest communication and work on instances where that does not occur - Culture is important to the company and embraces different cultures per location - They provide trainings, opportunities to take trainings with certs, and provide libraries of training materials

Cons

- No work from home policy, they do allow for working from home when you are ill or have commitments at home, they do not allow for working from home on a scheduled basis - PTO starts at 18 days, which is lower that other tech companies in northern Utah

Advice to Management

- Rolling out changes to the organization need more preamble so the adoption of the changes are higher - More PTO, increase to 24 days to start - Continue to provide trainings, materials, and the opportunities for professional development

Berkadia2019-09-12
  2. "I worked as a receptionist / admin. assistant"

Former Employee - Receptionist in River Oaks, TX

I worked at Berkadia full-time for less than a year

Pros

All bank holidays paid, 1.5 PTO accrued per month

Cons

None that I can think of, great atmosphere

Berkadia2019-08-27

"Very good prospect"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Ambler, PA

I have been working at Berkadia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice, open minded, professional people working here with the right attitude towards change, responsibility, ownership and support. Good potential and support for career growth as well as stability.

Cons

The company is currently transitioning towards agile methodologies, this comes with some growing pain. Nothing unusual, but sometimes the precise mission lacks a little bit of communication and transparency.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Berkadia2019-04-09

"Some growing pains, but a company that is moving in the right direction"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ambler, PA

I worked at Berkadia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Berkadia is beginning to build a lot of brand new tech, and it is very exciting to be a part of. Because of the growth that they are experiencing in the technology product division of the company, there are a lot of opportunities to move up and take on new challenges and responsibilities. I have never worked for a company that has actually practiced the values that they preach as Berkadia does. The executive team... invests a lot of time and resources to help develop a good culture in the company that fosters efficiency and respect. The company is fully invested in the long term and willing to make the tradeoffs to do the right thing now. The engineering division of the company has a great culture of collaboration and learning. There are many talented people that work for Berkadia and everyone learns from each other everyday.

Cons

Because of the massive and very quick growth of the technology side of the company, there are some growing pains. There is an influx of a lot of new talent and ideas coming in and there are always decisions to be made on the direction of products. There are many disagreements that occur. It is very hard to develop new products especially in the beginning stages that Berkadia is in, but it is also very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest time and energy into developing a good culture.

Berkadia2018-09-14
  5. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - AZ Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Berkadia full-time

Pros

- Open , Collaborative Environment - Great People - Training/Education Reimbursement - Financially Solid Company

Cons

- Office needs repair, but the company is moving to a new building in 2019

Berkadia2018-09-10
  6. "Summer Intern"

I worked at Berkadia

Pros

A lot of networking a career opportunities

Cons

Cant think of any ...

Berkadia2018-08-22

"A Unique Place to Change and Grow"

Product Manager in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Berkadia for more than a year

Pros

Berkadia is taking the Long View. Here, we strive to ensure we are building the right products with the right tools with the right people. Because of this focus on doing the right thing, we can be confident in the success of the experiences we are building and giving to our customers. Berkadia continuously empowers employees to take on new and exciting challenges, as well as providing opportunities to learn and... grow all along the way. It is an exciting environment to work it - it is one where success is truly only limited to the drive and passion of the individual. Berkadia is and will continue to be a hotbed of innovation, transformation, and success. These values, as well as the values inspired by our wider company culture, will ensure employees remain engaged, empowered, and inspired. Additionally: - Incredible people to work with - hiring the right people in the right places. - Opportunities to take on new work with exciting new technologies. - Health insurance and wellness plans with HSA option(s) are excellent. - PTO policy and bank holidays. - Career and responsibility growth opportunities. - Buy-in, support, and empowerment from senior leadership.

Cons

Rapid and explosive growth creates a number of challenges that Berkadia employees and leadership are tackling every day. This is both an exciting and daunting aspect of working at Berkadia. It provides many unique opportunities to shine, but, the experimental nature of many of our solutions can create tensions, inefficiencies, and organizational risk. Ensuring the right mindset prevails can be challenging in... encouraging a culture of innovation and transformation. We are changing as an organization and want to ensure this change happens in the best way possible.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower everyone, anywhere, to participate in and encourage personal and organizational growth and change. Ensure change happens organically, from the bottom up.

Berkadia2018-06-27

"A right minded company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Berkadia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work that is challenging, rewarding and fun. Berkadia is changing its business to become the best well funded (thanks Warren) “startup” in Utah. It’s an established business that is disrupting (in a good way) itself. People are treated as people, not resources. The only company I have worked for that lives it’s professed values. It’s the right balance of taking the long view, and holding each other accountable... to deliver value. We build software the right way, with latest and greatest design patterns and technologies, and only hire those with a similar mindset, and it makes for a magical place to work. The executive team are some of the best people for which I have worked. No flamboyant perks and wasteful spending on things that really don’t help.

Cons

Growing pains from such huge growth, but I am confident that the values and mindset will prevail. Some mid level roles need more experience, but this is by design. We work to grow people within the organization, and promote within.

Advice to Management

Continue to teach values and hope that other companies don’t copy your formula for success.

Berkadia2018-03-22
  9. "While the company is currently mid transition, it has a focus on delighting both it's Customers and it's Employees."

I have been working at Berkadia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Above average pay and benefits. Great 401k Match. Reasonable Quality of life. Amazing holiday schedule. Multiple Employee celebration events throughout the year.

Cons

Busiest times of year can be very demanding and skew the Work/Life balance in the other direction. Currently no clearly defined paths for advancement.

Advice to Management

You are on the right track!

Berkadia2017-10-26
  10. "A growing coming moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Director in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Berkadia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have provided our team with a level of support that's simply unheard of from all but the elite few in the CRE brokerage arena. They are continuing to push forward to improve every aspect of the way each individual broker does business, thru technology, marketing and personal support

Cons

Very little, but it is a relatively young company, integrating two very different businesses while continuing to grow. There are a few growing pains, but nothing that ever affects anyone's individual bottom line

Advice to Management

Keep pushing, and continue to push everyone on both sides because there is greatness in this group.

Berkadia2017-07-26