Berkeley College Reviews
51% would recommend to a friend
(233 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
Found 233 of over 244 reviews
Updated Oct 18, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Some great people to work with and being able to help students get started." (in 17 reviews)
- "Very small and friendly staff" (in 10 reviews)
- "Easy work environment, can get along with coworkers" (in 6 reviews)
- "Excellent employees and colleagues." (in 6 reviews)
- "Excellent opportunities to grow from within." (in 4 reviews)
- "Poor management" (in 10 reviews)
- "low pay and horrblie sales team" (in 7 reviews)
- "Poor upper management, pay not equal to the amount of work one puts in, 2.5% raises" (in 7 reviews)
- "Low salaries for student workers." (in 7 reviews)
- "No discount for part time students on books and tuition and no benefits." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Berkeley College and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Oct 18, 2023Helpdesk TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsWoodland Park, NJ
work life balance good pto good sick time
sometimes dont promote within if you do not know anyone higher up
- 3.0Jul 10, 2023Desktop Support TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
I had no problems with the actual work. The people that I worked with were awesome and it made me want to do good work.
The problem was with the environment within the buildings and outside. Outside, the buildings in the area were under constant repair which meant that there were fumes and other issues that are common to Manhattan. There were also harmful fumes inside the buildings, during COVID-19 and I'm not talking about the cleaning products that were used. There was something wrong with the air vents at the Buildings, maybe due to possible financial issues that Berkeley College was facing at the time. I'd say pass on this and look elsewhere for your own safety.
- 4.0Oct 5, 2023Adjunct InstructorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNewark, NJ
I enjoy teaching in the online setting.
Needing to know course schedules a week or two earlier would help.
- 1.0Aug 31, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
There are no pros unfortunately
Supervisors micromanage and disrespect/belittling employees in front of others. Autonomy isn’t respected. On-demand communication is expected via texting on personal phone. Human decency is absent in regard to personal treatment. I worked during the pandemic and no consideration was given for the challenges that presented for the job. I was made to Dee distrustful of others and therefore did not benefit from collegial support. I was not able to participate in human resource development programs.
- 1.0Aug 27, 2023Campus Visit CoordinatorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBridgeton, NJ
You got to work from home
They micromanage everyone. If you need to get up to use the bathroom you have to say something in Microsoft teams and they will be counting the minutes. They also had a few nasty individuals that listen in on calls and constantly complain about things you did. Funny enough, the same supervisors hadn't actually been on the phone in quite a long time and I'm pretty sure that they in no way use the advice that they gave their employees.
- 1.0Apr 28, 2023Student WorkerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPaterson, NJ
Majority of co-workers were friendly.
Spent the majority of my student work experience updating spreadsheets, running errands, calling and emailing students. Witnessed work place harassment by an individual in a high ranking position. Very unprofessional. Expensive education with mediocre work experience program. The future success of students seems to come second to school profits. A school advisor and co-worker through the student work program suggested that I use a credit card to pay for the remainder of my education when my Financial Aid had maxed out.1
Berkeley College Reviews FAQs
Berkeley College has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 244 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Berkeley College to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.
51% of Berkeley College employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Berkeley College 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.