Berkshire Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Berkshire Bank Reviews

Updated Nov 25, 2019

2.8
Berkshire Bank CEO Richard M. Marotta (no image)
Richard M. Marotta
  1. "Not worth it"

I have been working at Berkshire Bank full-time

Pros

Casual work attire, flexible hours

Cons

Backstabbing employees, poor morale, rude colleagues

Advice to Management

Try to create a more positive environment and treat employees like people. Improve training.

Berkshire Bank2018-09-21

"Branch Manager"

I have been working at Berkshire Bank full-time

Pros

Health insurance, time off and flexibility

Cons

Sales goals, constant push for deposits, lack of promotions, no loyalty from employees or customers

Advice to Management

They need to change the entire system. Ceo only cares about acquisitions and his pockets. No culture. Not exciting as they make it out to be. People on board and are sold a bill of goods. Get very disappointed later. Constantly on a hiring freeze. Incentive plan is demotivating and a joke!

Berkshire Bank2018-08-22
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Terrible upper management who only care about pleasing CEO."

I worked at Berkshire Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can wear jeans which is nice. Volunteer day once a year, although it is mandatory. Some people who work there are great people.

Cons

Terrible pay. Took years to get a raise and it was hardly anything. They pay western MA salaries in the Eastern MA market which is a lot less. Very little growth as they will hire people from the outside to fill roles instead of promoting eligible internal candidates. Upper management is afraid of CEO and will not stand up to his dictatorship. They do not care about their lower employees and are more worried about... selling the Bank in 3 years / getting severance.

Berkshire Bank2018-08-10
  5. "Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Teller in East Syracuse, NY

I worked at Berkshire Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, relaxed dress code, some co-workers

Cons

Unattainable goals & inability to reach them. Lack of training. Senior management was awful especially regional manager. Senior employees who have stuck around after the acquisition and have zero work ethic but company would rather keep them. Way too much pressure on tellers to pick up slack to try to reach goals if FSRs are unable to.

Advice to Management

Teach your regional manager how to appreciate & get to know your employees. The first time she came to our teller line, we were spoken down to. She didn’t even bother to introduce herself. That is a huge red flag & problem.

Berkshire Bank2018-07-03

"Analyst"

I have been working at Berkshire Bank full-time

Pros

There is a lot of work to do.

Cons

There is no annual review. Minimum wage.

Berkshire Bank2018-06-16
  7. "Former employee; came through acquisition"

I worked at Berkshire Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good bonus structure. Especially for Sr level.

Cons

Lots of hours. Little downtime. Tight deadlines.

Berkshire Bank2018-04-04

"Unhappy, overworked employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsfield, MA

I worked at Berkshire Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Only 2 positive things I can say about this employer is that they allow for a flexible schedule in many positions, and in most positions you can dress rather casual.

Cons

The benefits are just alright. The unprofessionalism I experienced with several employees was astounding, including grouchy and inappropriate telephone conversations, people forwarding around emails and talking about other employees while not copying them on the business situation and copying large groups of employees who were not pertinent to the business situation. Downright juvenile and essentially bullying... behavior of some employees. Many instances of a lack of teamwork.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to heavy workload and stressed out employees who are taking their work stresses out on their colleagues. There will continue to be a lot of employee turnover until the workload challenges and lack of training and appropriate communication are established. Counseling of employees who are the cause of interoffice drama.

Berkshire Bank2018-04-08

"Not worth it"

I have been working at Berkshire Bank full-time

Pros

Good coworkers and many locations

Cons

Sales heavy, stressful, low pay. If your branch doesn't reach goal, no bonus

Berkshire Bank2018-03-01

"Universal Financial Service Representative"

Former Employee - Universal Financial Service Representative in Farmington, CT

I worked at Berkshire Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bonuses for employees. Like the company and their values.

Cons

Training is okay but in my case I was thrown into doing many tasks that I had no proper training on and could not consult with my manager because they had no experience doing these thing but have been with the company for a very long time. Any time I had a question or needed help I was told to call the employee hotline or another manager. Lower pay than many other companies are offering, especially for the workload... you will receive if your manager is not very knowledgeable. Feedback to upper management is often overlooked based on their relationship with your direct manager.

Advice to Management

Hire better leaders, pay the workers more, invest in better technology and support services for your employees. Treat all employees equally and stop having favorites.

Berkshire Bank2018-02-05

"Berkshire Bank, Westfield, MA 01085"

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Westfield, MA

I worked at Berkshire Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Minimal, please refrain in considering Berkshire Bank as an Emoloyment option.

Cons

The Negative Aspects are Legion. Poor banking services.

Advice to Management

I had six years of previous banking experience, before my initial employment with Berkshire. The training is disjointed, and Management is negelectful, in addressing Customer Concerns. In my time, which lasted less than a year, at Berkshire, 5 FSR Staff left, excluding myself, in the single branch I was assigned to. Quantifying those numbers alone, I have no idea how this bank is surviving. Not including Tellers,... Mortgage staff, those who worked on the Insurance Department who also left, each one of these Staff were irrelevant and did not work well? Many of my former colleagues are hard working individuals caught in a corporation that was and assumptively is horrible.

Berkshire Bank2017-11-13