Berkshire Bank "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Berkshire Bank Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.9
Berkshire Bank President and CEO and CEO Berkshire Bank Richard M. Marotta (no image)
Richard M. Marotta
Pros
Cons
  • "Feedback to upper management is often overlooked based on their relationship with your direct manager(in 4 reviews)

• "Sales heavy, stressful, low pay(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Berkshire Bank Teller"

I worked at Berkshire Bank part-time

Pros

They like to hire within, my direct management was very pleasant

Cons

Non flexible hours, tough upper management, strict policies that customers don't like

Berkshire Bank2016-09-28
  2. "Terrible upper management who only care about pleasing CEO."

I worked at Berkshire Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can wear jeans which is nice. Volunteer day once a year, although it is mandatory. Some people who work there are great people.

Cons

Terrible pay. Took years to get a raise and it was hardly anything. They pay western MA salaries in the Eastern MA market which is a lot less. Very little growth as they will hire people from the outside to fill roles instead of promoting eligible internal candidates. Upper management is afraid of CEO and will not stand up to his dictatorship. They do not care about their lower employees and are more worried about... selling the Bank in 3 years / getting severance.

Berkshire Bank2018-08-10

"Universal Financial Service Representative"

Former Employee - Universal Financial Service Representative in Farmington, CT

I worked at Berkshire Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bonuses for employees. Like the company and their values.

Cons

Training is okay but in my case I was thrown into doing many tasks that I had no proper training on and could not consult with my manager because they had no experience doing these thing but have been with the company for a very long time. Any time I had a question or needed help I was told to call the employee hotline or another manager. Lower pay than many other companies are offering, especially for the workload... you will receive if your manager is not very knowledgeable. Feedback to upper management is often overlooked based on their relationship with your direct manager.

Advice to Management

Hire better leaders, pay the workers more, invest in better technology and support services for your employees. Treat all employees equally and stop having favorites.

Berkshire Bank2018-02-05

"Business Partner"

I worked at Berkshire Bank full-time

Pros

Benefits. The division I was in had some good people.

Cons

The Bank is a mess! Upper Management needs help. The bank does not promote from within. You can move from branch to branch but they hire from the outside for any management position. They are going away from hiring managers and putting assistant managers in branches to save money to buy other banks. They need to clean house from the top down

Berkshire Bank2017-01-02