Berkshire Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Berkshire Communities Reviews

Updated April 12, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Berkshire Communities CEO Chuck Leitner
Chuck Leitner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • When the company states work/life balance, they truly mean (in 15 reviews)

• Berkshire Communities also offers a really great benefits package that is very affordable even for families (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons to share about Berkshire (in 12 reviews)

• Work/Life balance can sometimes be difficult with some of the responsibilities that fall after-hours (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company"

I have been working at Berkshire Communities full-time

Pros

3 weeks of vacation, and 401k matching up to 5%.

Cons

Not a lot of growth at the moment.

"Simply the best!"

I have been working at Berkshire Communities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is the best company that I have ever worked for. You are valued, listened to and supported. Senior leadership is down to earth and deserving of their positions. Everyone in this company works hard and truly cares about each other.

Cons

A lot of reporting. I would like to see us be able to focus more on the bottom line and providing great service to our communities and employees and not spend as much time doing reports that are already available in Yardi and other systems to get data.

Advice to Management

Love you! Let's try to keep the onsite people from having to do so many reports. Most of that data is available in Yardi already. We shine when we have more time to assist residents and support teammates.

3. "Leasing Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Berkshire Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, pays well, always kept busy, fun, always learning

Cons

Upper management can be slow at responding to questions but not too horrible

"Leasing consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Berkshire Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring company with great opportunities to travel the nation. Also Berkshire heavily promotes from within and often. Berkshire also caters to there employees and makes sure they let employees know they appreciate the long hours and hard work with lots of lavish catered parties. Conferences were they will fly you across the county and great bonuses. Overall a awesome place.

Cons

Allot of work not for someone that can’t dedicate their time. Residents will def stress you out 😩. Also if your ok with around 38 to 60 thousand a year this is your career but as a leasing consultant you will have to grind to get to 60k a year.. you will have to work late hours and clear over 10 leases a month. With dedication n routine discipline it can be done. I make ok money ( like high 50s probably will cross 60 this year) but I realize this career path only provides the big dollars (6 figures) once you get to the corporate level... No real cons it just depends on the salary you seek and the discipline you can dedicate your time to achieve. Again awesome place!

Advice to Management

Awesome place to work with strong work ethics and culture. I just wish there were more post college programs. I love my job but it’s sometimes difficult to maintain the debt obtained from undergrad n grad school on 20 dollars a hour and 60 dollars a lease. I would be thrilled to see programs that employees can enroll in that would assist with student aid debt for long term employees

5. "Great Company"

I worked at Berkshire Communities full-time

Pros

The best reasons to work for Berkshire are: strong culture, forgiving, employees are great and I was treated with respect and kindness.

Cons

Salary was the only con.

"I love working for Berkshire"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Berkshire Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like a family. Pay is great. Upper management/corporate has a constant presence and truly cares about each and every property.

Cons

As a leasing consultant, you have to work a lot of weekend. A little more than I would like.

7. "Love my company and team"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Berkshire Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company trusts and believes in you. The corporate team really listens to you and helps achieve your goals together. They don't tell you what to do and how to do it. They will guide you with what you feel your property needs. This company truly is more of a family dynamic. The company loves to promote. The culture aspect if amazing. When the company states work/life balance, they truly mean work/life balance. They value your personal time away from work.

Cons

There are no Cons to report.

8. "leasing consultant"

Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Berkshire Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

By far the most down to earth company and very understanding

Cons

I really don't have any

9. "Love this company"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Berkshire Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is amazing when it comes to support. There is always someone available to help with anything you may need. They provide a family type environment and I have yet to meet someone I would not get along with. Everyone is so willing to help no matter what position they are in. They have programs that allow you to continue to grow within the company and help you reach personal goals. They are willing to listen to suggestion you have and will implement them when it makes sense to do so. They strive to keep their employees happy and truly care about every individual.

Cons

I wouldn't say they micro manage, but when you need to fix something, you usually have to get someone from the support team to do it because you do not have the rights.

Advice to Management

Give certain positions more flexibility to fix things in Yardi so they do not have to wait for someone else to do it.

10. "Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Berkshire Communities full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They provide you with the tools to get the job done.

Cons

New system is not as easy to work with as before but understanding it will provide a lot more benefits down the road.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! As the company continues to grow and new policies are needed, keep listening to the employees at every level to make sure the core of this company stays intact.