KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Berkshire Hathaway

Is this your company?

Berkshire Hathaway

Add a Review

Berkshire Hathaway Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Sep 27, 2022

Found 109 of over 875 reviews

4.2
Berkshire Hathaway CEO Buffett Warren (no image)
Buffett Warren

The latest conversations about Real Estate

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Training is great and innovative.(in 41 reviews)
  • "great people to work with(in 41 reviews)
  • "The benefits are great and it is decent for a first customer service job.(in 18 reviews)
  • "BHHS Towne has a fantastic culture and a very good reputation especially in the area of luxury sales(in 15 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were friendly and did not hesitate to make me feel welcome/provide assistance when needed.(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Berkshire Hathaway and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Licensed Realtor

Jan 9, 2016 - Real Estate Agent in Clear Lake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well managed.and structured. People are honest and hold a high level of ethics. We are all proud to be owned by Warren Buffet and work very hard to maintain his and our quality reputation.

Cons

As in most sales jobs, you have to generate your own leads and customers. So it is up to you how much money you want to make. It's all up to you how hard you want to work. If this is a con.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Everything good except compensation

Feb 11, 2018 - Ibu Underwriter in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, opportunities, and culture. Work is interesting and the company is constantly changing for the better.

Cons

The only negative is compensation is not linked to performance. The top earners are not those who provide the most value, but those who are older and have been with the company for many years. How Guard works is they hire people fresh out of college, pay them hardly anything, and the talented people get experience and move on to companies that pay more competitive salaries. Typically, people leave for similar jobs with competitors that pay sometimes twice as much - even in areas with similar cost of living. A close friend of mine was making $36,000 a year in underwriting and she recently left for a position with USLI where she started at just under 70k a year. We hear these kinds of stories all the time and they are like wild fire the way they spread. Most people I know are actively pursuing another job because of the industry low wages Guard.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great team

Dec 7, 2021 - Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and lively group of people.

Cons

No cons as of yet.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Educational

Sep 28, 2014 - Project Manager/Facilities in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vendors and office people were great to work with; company benes are very good.

Cons

Work is interesting but career growth potential is limited; work load is limited; management can become controlling and leaves no space for independent thinking; favoritism towards other employees is evident.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to be

Jan 30, 2020 - Chief Operating Officer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people and a dynamic environment

Cons

Part of a very large corporation so personal touch is sometimes missing

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice working environment! supportive broker and co-workers!

Aug 29, 2020 - Real Estate Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. free company training 2. abundant resources 3. people are very nice and supportive

Cons

1. office might not be the best place to get work done, because people are very friendly and talkative. If you want to chit-chat, learn, or hear others' advice, then definitely go to the office.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Jul 12, 2022 - Office Administration Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people and management team

Cons

Really don’t have any cons

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stay far away.

Apr 9, 2015 - Administration in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not trying to be unfair. Simply cannot think of a pro other than there are a few nice people who are stuck there.

Cons

There are more lawyers than HR personnel. In order to keep lawsuits down you are forced to sign an arbitration agreement before employment. Benefits are not only bad, they are terrible. No vacation the first year of employment, very expensive insurance and the 401k match is essentially non existent. Very high turnover. You're treated like they think you are trying to pull one over on them. Just a bad place.

9. 5.0
    Former Intern

Intern

Feb 25, 2019 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely clean and kind people

Cons

Very small office space and work areas

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good for 7 years

Jul 27, 2021 - Underwriter in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's still team mates here who carry the values, work ethic and professional intelligence that were the cornerstone of BHSI Medical Stop Loss There's time to evaluate and return to the transparent team model that got us off the ground quickly and helped us become customer focused because we worked together as a caring unit. For the first 7 years we were encouraged to expand as professionals, help each other, title wasn't a brick wall we had to hide behind (or from) . We were driven to find the right solutions and we did that together and celebrated by commending all of the team. It was an adventure to do good for the company and team and customers.

Cons

Good people are being either driven away or fired. Hiring practices no longer about finding creative people who seek to contribute as a unit. new management wants only those who are single area specialist and dont need to understand the whole product. We are becoming a siloed business. Not learning from each other anymore and not helping each other dot every-i. Now we don't know when we did good but sure drill into each management opinion of our fails. There's lots of fails these days when before the only fails were the ones that didn't provide our customers our best. I don't feel like i'm expanding in this field anymore and i'm being slowed down because i know that i'm going to have to explain everything multiple times like i'm justifying doing what i'm very good at.

1 person found this review helpful