What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are great benefits and it is evident that they hire compassionate and thoughtful teammates." (in 49 reviews)
- "Amazing culture where your team and the company as a whole support you and provide you with the tools you need to succeed." (in 28 reviews)
- "They offer great training and go above and beyond training expectations when you first join the company and while you are employed with them." (in 24 reviews)
- "Great pay and just a wonderful place to work!" (in 20 reviews)
- "Work life balance is great" (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Berkshire and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 465 of over 473 reviews
Updated Sep 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 15, 2023LeasingFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Berkshire is a awesome company. Always had our backs. Felt has we were a great huge family. They left know stones unturned. Even through COVID. Gives all tools need to operated and still up to date.
Had to move and no locations for me in south Florida or remote potions,
- 4.0Jul 29, 2023Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
Robust Training Opportunities and depending who you work with it can be a positive environment.
Management skills vary by leader.
- 5.0Aug 30, 2023Assistant Maintenance SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMcKinney, TX
They have great benefits and really take care of employees.
Listen to what employees have to say about the community they work at.
- 5.0Jul 19, 2023Senior Training DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsDallas, TX
Ability to grow personally and professionally with a company that understands and puts it's Team Members first. The company culture is amazing and our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging and Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) is important to me and all Team Members. Being accepted as an individual and bringing your full self to work no matter your differences is what makes our company culture great. You cannot beat Berkshire's company culture and the first name only atmosphere our team members share, no matter your "professional title" makes Berkshire great.
No real cons to working at Berkshire.
- 4.0Aug 30, 2023Assistant Property Manager (APM)Former Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
Benefits and culture is pretty good too. They’re very professional and can learn a lot about property management here.
Not too many downsides except to pay more for what management deals with. The amount of information to learn can be overwhelming.
- 5.0Jun 2, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSeattle, WA
As Berkshire has grown at a quick pace, the culture has remained team and family oriented giving all team members the sense of being honored, heard and appreciated! People come first and everyone is authentic and genuinely cares about each other from the CEO down to each site team member.
While we continue to grow at a rapid pace, the market has not allowed for the same level of growth in every region to provide new opportunities for high performing team members. We know this will change and growth will come but taking longer than ideal.
- 4.0Jul 12, 2023Leasing ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHouston, TX
Berkshire offers a rather competitive compensation structure and encourages personal and professional growth amongst it's employees.
Berkshire is currently undergoing a plethora of internal changes. Many systems and programs are being altered, replaced, or outright dropped. Benefits have changed significantly. It can be difficult to keep up with if you are not used to a fast-paced environment. Your team will also significantly impact your day-in, day-out work life.1
- 5.0May 24, 2023Property ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsOrlando, FL
Family/work balance Treated as family Backed by superior Fun activities Health benefits are awesome Vacation time not beat by any company Many holidays observed Rapidly evolving Hire/promote from within
Bonus structure difficult to understand Hiring with no bonuses is difficult although they have no control over Fl real estate commission laws Many reports are repeated No time to actually manage the community, walking observing, suggest
Berkshire Reviews FAQs
Berkshire has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 473 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Berkshire to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
93% of Berkshire employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Berkshire 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.