BerlinRosen Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2020

3.7
BerlinRosen Co-Founders Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen
Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen
Pros
  • "5 weeks of PTO on top of paid holidays, paid healthcare, 401K matching, paid personal cell phone, transit, discretionary bonuses etc(in 3 reviews)

• "Senior staff receptive to feedback(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Like any agency, the work-life balance is not for everyone, but doing well can open up many doors(in 6 reviews)

• "They sell it as a pipeline to full time work but it is not(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Culture for PR Firm"

Current Employee - Full Time in New York, NY

I have been working at BerlinRosen full-time for less than a year

Pros

- High pay compared to industry standards - Smart coworkers - Senior staff receptive to feedback - Agile - Great benefits (really can't beat this) - Diverse work place relative to other PR firm, and senior mgmt actively works on making workplace more diverse -Great w/ promotions

Cons

-Lack of employee training -VP's don't take time to explain assignments -Lack of standardized WFH policy

BerlinRosen2019-12-27
  2. "BerlinRosen hs a name that will stand out on your resume, but working there can often be a different story."

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at BerlinRosen full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have some of the most unique, and diverse set of clients, they pay better than other firms, and the people are generally talented, amazing people. They have a great internship program as well.

Cons

The firm is grotesquely understaffed, the work-life balance for junior and mid-level staff is absent, they have open positions but it doesn't keep up with their turnout rate.

BerlinRosen2020-03-15

"a place to learn and leave"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at BerlinRosen full-time

Pros

decent clients, incredibly talented + motivated junior staff, good benefits, growth opps at the junior level

Cons

awful project managers/senior management; extremely low diversity at the senior level with no signs of improvement; very sketchy and contradictory work done behind closed doors, especially in the dc office; absolutely does not live up to the values they put out in to the world; 0 internal training programs; poor managers get rewarded while hard working junior staff suffer the burden of blatant favoritism and incompetency; 0 instructions and awful feedback when work is done incorrectly; agency feels very divided (like 6 different agencies under 1 roof); the work is not integrated; senior management is very out of touch and part of the problem; 0 work/life balance; ugly office; the list of cons can go on

BerlinRosen2020-02-07
  4. "Bad or no management"

I have been working at BerlinRosen full-time

Pros

Good benefits, good work location

Cons

Sink-or-swim mentality, poor management, no one will advocate for you. Demands hard work with no culture of learning. They want to be fair, good managers etc. but they fail to empathize with the people they manage.

BerlinRosen2020-01-31
  5. "Favorite workplace of my career"

I have been working at BerlinRosen full-time for less than a year

Pros

-super smart and engaging people -supportive teams -definitely the best benefits package I've ever had (fully paid health insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, 23 days PTO, cell phone bill reimbursement, 401k, just to name a few) -industry-leading clients -good growth potential for staff -creative and innovative work

Cons

-need to provide more support in developing staff management skills -remote work policy needs to be standardized -pace of work definitely accommodates ambitious people but at the risk of burn-out

BerlinRosen2019-12-17

"Enjoyable place with long hours but good work"

Former Employee - Associate Account Executive

I worked at BerlinRosen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work Good goals Good people Enjoyable atmosphere

Cons

Poor pay A lot of shifting around No clear goals sometimes

BerlinRosen2019-12-15
  7. "Best agency environment I've been in"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at BerlinRosen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly and open environment. Management gives you room to grow.

Cons

Fast-paced, but that's the business. Many senior leaders, but not enough junior level staff.

BerlinRosen2019-12-15
  8. "Many benefits but doesn't live up to true values"

I have been working at BerlinRosen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits Great clients and awesome networking opps. Different clients call for diversified work Good location in downtown Manhattan CCS and National/Labor have passionate causes that they care about CEOS are amazing Everyone is very smart and hard-working

Cons

No POC in leadership roles and claim they're so "progressive" People here are bad at confrontation and use online messaging for assigning/talking about things - Interns aren't treated well - they are so busy and it is not a 9-5 job (make sure they tell you that when you begin because OT is ridiculous) Work isn't intellectually stimulating unless you're staffing an event or writing (which is limited) If you're a POC you won't feel out of place but you will feel weird doing "corporate" type work VERY disorganized Work balance is hard/no social life No outings, nobody gets to know you (depends on your team) Work is 24/7

BerlinRosen2019-12-18

"Great place to work / Great people to work with!"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at BerlinRosen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Valerie and Jonathan! There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful they are. Overall staff is pretty amazing.

Cons

Great work but not enough people but still worth it.

BerlinRosen2019-09-24

"Great colleagues, clients and opportunities"

Former Employee - Digital Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at BerlinRosen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked on BR's digital team for 3+ years and had the opportunity to help it grow from a small four-person team to a division with over 20 people. My colleagues were some of the kindest, smartest and most dedicated people I've ever met, and most of my clients were just as nice and committed to making the world a better place. It's a fast-paced environment with tremendous opportunity for people who are hard-working and enterprising. I was promoted twice during my tenure and was able to oversee accounts and help shape our clients' strategy as my skills progressed.

Cons

The firm is growing quickly and there are pitfalls associated with that. There were space constraints in the office and other infrastructure challenges during my tenure. Management seemed to be working hard to address these issues and took steps to address feedback from staff at every level during my time at the company.

BerlinRosen2019-08-05

BerlinRosen Response

September 23, 2019COO

This is great to hear - thank you for sharing this feedback. We really value professional development and believe in investing in our staff and having opportunities for professional growth. We've been actively working to make improvements to address the challenges you mentioned, and are dedicated to continuous improvement to make the firm an employer of choice and a great place to work. As a result of our firm-wide growth, we recognize that office space has gotten tighter than we wanted. In response, this year alone we nearly doubled the size of our DC office, expanded the size of our LA office, and are a few weeks from opening another floor in our NY office with 70 new desks along with meeting and communal space to help alleviate space constraints. For tech infrastructure, this year we made a six-figure investment upgrading and revamping the entire IT architecture and also moved email, document storage, and video to Google for modern, best-in-class technology. If you have anything else to share, don’t hesitate to reach out to talent@berlinrosen.com and/or come back for a visit once the new floor is open this fall!

Found 42 reviews