Bernardo Fashions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2019

Found 6 reviews

1.5
Stuart Pollack
  1. "Nightmare design management"

Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Bernardo Fashions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of employees pretty great. Great location, Owner is very personable enthusiastic and reasonable as long as he is spoken to directly and not a with a Sunny filter twisting things up.

Cons

Design management was a total nightmare, created an unworkable environment for whole team with multiple employees leaving directly due to management style.

Advice to Management

I actually heard that the root of the problem has been removed so I gave a 5 star rating

Bernardo Fashions2019-06-19
  2. "Designer"

Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Bernardo Fashions full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers, flexible work hours, location, nice showrooms

Cons

Min benefit, too much responsibility on each employee

Advice to Management

There is no direction on design, and all needs to be done by individual designers, and keep producing same stuff by old staffs. Designers are like directors by themselves. Too much responsibilities. No room for growth as designer.

Bernardo Fashions2019-06-07

"Waste of time!"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in New York, NY

I worked at Bernardo Fashions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location is great! Close to Penn Station!

Cons

No communication between senior staff members. Although owner is Canadian he can't spell to safe his life and writes grammatically incorrect English. The company is not properly managed and oh yes compensation is poor compared to industry standards.

Advice to Management

None! They won't consider! From what I've been told staff members have not been reviewed for years.

Bernardo Fashions2017-08-07

Bernardo Fashions Response

January 30, 2019managing pasrtner

It Shows that this former employee doesn't know me very well...or he or she would know that despite having an MBA i have been dyslexic from birth... and have overcome this to build and run my own business now in its 39th year...yes my English grammar and spelling are poor but in my ...

• "Designer"

I worked at Bernardo Fashions

Pros

Freindly co-workers, nice office showrooms, nice products, flexible working hours and convenient office location, pretty high starter salary, strong relationships with factories

Cons

No design direction, very minimal teamwork with each division, so much gossips, no company mtg, minimal benefits, no bonus, all the design steps need to be done by designer by themselves

Advice to Management

Please care about each employee and give proper compensation based on their abilities and work

Bernardo Fashions2017-01-13

"disappointing- very unnecessarily difficult place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bernardo Fashions full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do make a nice product and have nice offices. The office culture stems from the top- minimal teamwork, lots of gossip, and no room for growth.

Cons

Very unpleasant work environment; the atmosphere varies over the course of the day depending on the mood of the owner, Stuart Pollack. If you choose to work there, make sure your first deal is your best deal. There are a privileged few who work there, bur otherwise it is a revolving door.

Advice to Management

My advice is to make better and more consistent business decisions- to much is based upon the owner's ego

Bernardo Fashions2014-11-04

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bernardo Fashions

Pros

Co workers were knowledgeable and professional. A pleasant group of individuals to work with. Flexibility in creating the direction of your position.

Cons

Innappropriate management style. Old school garmento mentality. Hostile environment. Lack of team support. Us against them mentality. Hot tempered owner.

Advice to Management

Even though staff is small, there needs to be a focus on HR and building the appropriate communication guidelines for a proper environment.

Bernardo Fashions2011-07-09