Best Buy Reviews in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Arlington, VA

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Somewhat of a hard work life balance (in 446 reviews)

• I wish I could have been a full time employee (in 509 reviews)

1. "Best Buy Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Arlington, VA

I worked at Best Buy (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers to work with, upper management is great

Cons

Goals to meet are only a bit hard to come by, they care about credit card applications a lot and even threaten firing you if goals aren't reached

Advice to Management

Threatening isn't a good way to push goals - explore new methods. Otherwise keep it up.

2. "Temporary employment"

Current Employee - Life Style Sales Associate (DI) in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Life Style Sales Associate (DI) in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent graduate and aspiring photographer I enjoy most days at BB. I get to meet and teach a lot of photography enthusiast of all levels and nationalities.

Cons

Best Buy is more concerned with getting people to spend as much money as possible even if they can't afford it (e.i BB credit card) than with customer satisfaction and making sure the leave with what they really need/want.

3. "Thanks to Galssdoor for Best Buy"

Current Employee - Senior Mobile Executive in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Mobile Executive in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great place to work. Thanks to glassdoor I was able to get hired at the Best Buy in my area. Such friendly people and I get to play with and sell electronic devices and Smartphones. Soon I will finally be able to get into a college after a couple months with them.

Cons

Noe as far as I know

Advice to Management

The management is great!

4. "So-So"

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of people that you can meet, Co-workers can make your day fun and humorous, discount was good at first. I managed to not work weekends or nights here which was great (I have a young child.).

Cons

Pay was not commensurate with my experience/education. I felt that management paid what they wanted to pay. They had favorites and depending on how hard you hussled them then they would respond and give pay increases BUT only if you had some time under your belt and did your job well enough. They only care about a bottom line...if you sold enough services and accessories and made your numbers they loved you. I liked most of the managers and learned to like my job in spite of all of the cons. I loved my coworkers and didn't really expect to make this a long-term position. I learned alot being in Geek Squad and overall didn't regret working here. DO expect to work holidays, and especially black Friday and Christmas Eve. Black Friday is exciting but hard hours to work (12 hours).

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and respect everyone.

5. "Very Satisfying"

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Arlington, VA

Pros

The people that work there realy are your family, especially if you are a full time employee. The upper level management is considerate and it is a positive environment at work.

Cons

I just wish that there would be more money to give to employees. The company did not have the budget to give more to everyone. One supervisor made the day ery bad. She too advatage of her power and made it bad for the other employees that interacted with her.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on employees that are promoted. They may not get the hang of things or they may take advantage of the trust that is gven to them.

Showing 5 of 15,263 reviews