Best Buy Reviews in Bismarck, ND | Glassdoor

Best Buy Bismarck Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2015

Found 4 reviews

Corie Barry
  1. "Great overall, was fortunate enough to work with most managers who led by example and didn't bark orders."

Current Employee - LG Experience Expert in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's great being able to work with all the new gadgets as they come out. The discount is also really good on some things.

Cons

1. Retail - The customer is always right (even when they're clearly wrong) 2. Incredibly fast paced with a huge emphasis on sales metrics 3. Options for advancement are few and far between and pay raises are almost non-existent for sales positions. 4. Scheduling - You have almost no say if you're full time as far as your schedule goes. You could work 10 days straight and then get a 3 day weekend Most of the time my 2...

Advice to Management

My advice would be to have employees sat down every 6 months instead of a year to give a pay bump to. Of course that's as long as they're holding their own.

Best Buy2015-10-06

"Way too much stress for a cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Bismarck, ND

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and management until our GM was changed. Was on viewpoint and helped plan company events, that was fun. Employee discounts were good back then.

Cons

Too many responsibilities as a cashier. You're expected to sell black tie on everything and sign as many people up for credit cards as possible. I wasn't really aware of this when I applied or I would have looked for a different after school job.

Advice to Management

Our managers were great.

Best Buy2014-03-28
  3. "Not bad for a high school job, but I wouldn't make it a career"

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Bismarck, ND

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

The discount is very nice, and many coworkers were pleasant to work with. Lots of policies exist to protect you from customers who try to take advantage of the store through dishonest means.

Cons

Corporate policy is taken too strictly, service plans with lots of fine print are pushed aggressively to lure customers in. Some management was immature, difficult to work with, and had unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Work on promoting an honest, open, fair environment for both employees and customers.

Best Buy2013-06-22
  4. "There only real incentive to perform your job well is to avoid nagging from your supervisor."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bismarck, ND

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Cost plus 5% discount is great, and a curse at the same time. Most associates are fun to work with.

Cons

Wages are a joke as well as intentionally only keeping 15% of hourly employees full time. Only way to make money at the company is management, which requires strong nagging abilities. Always work both days every weekend.

Advice to Management

Implement some type of commission. At first you appreciate a no commission environment but after awhile you feel like you contribute way more then what you get from your wages.

Best Buy2012-10-08