Best Buy Reviews in Bridgeport, CT | Glassdoor

Bridgeport, CT Area

2.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Somewhat of a hard work life balance (in 446 reviews)

• I wish I could have been a full time employee (in 509 reviews)

1. "Increase your productivity and product knowledge with higher expectations"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You stay very busy so if you are a busy body this job is great for you. You also get a great amount of product and software knowledge between multiple products. Most people who work at my location are genuine and honest and the managers are top tier. The managers are honestly some of the most professional role models I have ever met and they put other customer service managers to a shame. You can move up in the company and my store is based more on performance than whoever managers might like. Full time helps pay 3,500 towards college tuition.

Cons

High expectations. You're product knowledge must be extensive. People can use their phones 24/7 and you have to know more than the average person would. The pay is no where near what I'd expect to be earning with this type of knowledge. I'm about to finish my first year but unless 10.50 bumps up to 16.00 it seems like you're required to work and have the knowledge of an EXPERT but you're paid like a part time sales associate. You regularly take online classes every month to learn more about the products and there's always more to learn because policies and products change so rapidly. And you have to work your way to full time ( which can take months ) so you benefit from the college tuition. In the end you're not likely to go from working as a part time sales associate to working corporate. Some people are still working there after 20 years making probably 16-20 a month while you can do college for 4 years and make this at entry level software development with much larger growth potential.

2. "Stop playing favorites"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a great discount on most items. I kill charging cords like crazy, so it's great to get them under a dollar. Another pro is that you meet some cool people and get to nerd out with some customers on non-busy days (aka most weekdays)

Cons

Management plays favorites way too often. People I work with give the managers energy drinks, food, and other things just to keep on their good side. If they don't get anything that day, they get stricter and act rude and with attitude. Then again, bribery is the only reason some people aren't fired at my store. Also, there is no room for advancement nor is there any benefit to doing well. Most days, no one really does anything because they know they won't get in trouble. Also, managers are inconsistent with policy. A customer is not allowed to use a credit card that doesn't have their name on it. So why do half the managers let it go through and let me get cussed out by customers? Also, don't bother expressing your opinion, or you'll get threats of being fired. Being an "At-Will" company, they are allowed to do that, and it's horrible.

Advice to Management

Act like management and learn what the policy is. Also, don't play favorites by who spends the most on you. We get paid little enough as it is.

3. "Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coaching, flexible hours, very busy

Cons

No real career, its a regular 9-5 job.

4. "Inventory"

Current Employee - Inventory Associate in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Inventory Associate in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Do not have to work in a customer face to face interaction enviroment if you do not like interacting with people.

Cons

The inventory team does a lot of grunt work as in unloading trucks, preparing recycled products for shipping, setting up the store for the sales team, down stocking. These are very important processes for the business to function successfully and yet the inventory team gets little to no recognition most of the time. Sales team is where all the talent and handwork is recognized.

A little discouraging for the inventory team whose job is just as important!

Advice to Management

Recognize EVERY team! Inventory is not as easy and laid back as most of you think.

5. "Multichannel Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

Pros

Good pay. The work environment was very uplifting. Could get bonuses based on phone order sales. This applied only to the multichannel associates.

Cons

Complicated hard headed customer calling for stupid things.

Advice to Management

Managers for the most part where very helpful but a few hated to be called over for help.

6. "Customer Service Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Trumbull, CT

Pros

One Team One Dream! Everyone works together to achieve great results.

Cons

Sometimes there aren't enough hours.

7. "Enjoyable Work"

Current Employee - SPEC, APPLIANCE SALES SWAS-PAC SALES in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - SPEC, APPLIANCE SALES SWAS-PAC SALES in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

Good pay for a retail job. It feels great selling high end appliances and whole kitchens.

Cons

Management tends to give their two cents on just about everything.

Advice to Management

Let Pacific Kitchen & Home employees manage themselves.

8. "cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Cashier in Trumbull, CT

Pros

Bonus for sales associate. Discount

Cons

managers, arent able to get sick, have to show up evn though theres 3 feet of snow outside

9. "Best buy Experience"

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Best Buy (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, nice coworkers. fun environment

Cons

Management will try to mold you into how they want you to sell things

10. "never go back"

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) in Trumbull, CT

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the employee discount was great

Cons

management, hours, work-life balance sucked

Showing 16 of 15,256 reviews