Best Buy Reviews in Brookfield, WI | Glassdoor

Brookfield, WI

2.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Somewhat of a hard work life balance (in 446 reviews)

• I wish I could have been a full time employee (in 509 reviews)

"Working at Best Buy is a good learning experience."

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Brookfield, WI

Pros

You get a great discount and have the opportunity to learn a lot about the business world. Also, you learning a lot about customer service and problem solving.

Cons

Extreme favoritism, but I would imagine that is how it is most places. Also, that is not a fault of the company, but of the management you have.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are the ones working directly with product and customers, therefore have a great deal of knowledge about what works and what doesn't.

2. "Fun, hip, fast-paced environment with almost zero respect or incentives for its employees."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brookfield, WI

Pros

The coworkers and supervisors that I had were awesome. Its all in your attitude. Being on the front lines of all the new electronic gadgets coming out was really cool to see. I loved being able to talk to people day in and day out. Really its just an all-around fun, engaging, atmosphere. I would say that I was overall happy about the whole experience and proud to be on the team.

Cons

The pay is horrible for the amount of work you do. I was getting like 9.00/hour with a college degree. You are whipped like a commissioned sales force with zero commission or incentive (other than Blue Crew Bucks, you'll learn about those worthless numbers). The managers must get the bonuses because they are SUPER ENERGETIC AND OVERLY ENTHUSIASTIC about sales and technology. You will simply get a pat on the back. Oh, and if you don't have a life outside of Best Buy, you'll be happy because don't expect any time off.

Advice to Management

Don't breath down the employees necks and give them some tangible credit for all the hard work they do (ie: commission)

3. "The Good Bad and Ugly side of Best Buy"

Current Employee - Appliance Specialist in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Appliance Specialist in Brookfield, WI

Pros

1)Discount - the discount is awesome here 5% above cost so whatever best buys cost is tact on an extra 5%, sometimes theres little to no markup on a product but theres quite a few products that have an insane markup
    2)Flexiblitly is ok, good for high school or early college
    3)Pay isn't bad, could be a little better, but its retail what do you expect

Cons

Good luck ever trying to get a promotion at this place. If you are able get promoted,watch your back, Ive noticed that the mangament dont necessarily hire the best canidate for the supervisor role but rather whomever they can best control and manpuilate. After awhile all the supervisor either get fired or leave to pursue other jobs because they realize management wont let them move any higher. Most managers constantly hound you about asking customers if they need help when, you've aready ask the customer 3 or 4 times. the managers also tell you you have to take elearning certifaction and if you dont finish and pass them that they will fire you, but when you sit down to take the certification they sqauck there's a customer in your department go make them buy something. not all managers are like this i've work with a few a that are cool but most are a joke.

Advice to Management

Relax, I know it's your job but not all of the employees are slacker we are helping the customers, and give more incentive, there's not much reward for doing well other than personal gratification, but give better raises I mean .20 cents for all extra effort doesnt go far. Hell if you really want us to be on top of the customers bring back commission because there no incentive otherwise

Showing 3 of 15,242 reviews