Best Buy Reviews in Cambridge, MA | Glassdoor

Cambridge, MA

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Somewhat of a hard work life balance (in 431 reviews)

• I wish I could have been a full time employee (in 500 reviews)

"Great place"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone there is usually great to work with. The people hired are picked based on theor friendliness so whatever team you're part of will be easy going. The pay is great for a retail job plus the discount is fantastic

Cons

The only downside are the lack of employees in certain departments. I was in the cellphone/mp3 area and we had few employees. When it comes down to that you'll have a lot of hours. Another con was the lack of training I received.

2. "Sales consulting is easy here, but there's too much pressure from the company to make better sales."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For an entry level job there are great benefits and a pretty decent pay. Promotions happen internally most of the time, so moving up isn't an issue if the store's doing well. Also if you like technology, then you'll always be kept up to date on everything.

Cons

Selling the same things every day gets very repetitive. Also there is an extremely large emphasis in selling what best buy wants you to sell and not what the customer wants. Also too much pressure to sign people up for the credit card.

Showing 2 of 14,740 reviews